• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man Brought Gun, Bible To Obama Event In Beaver, Man arrested for having gun at rally

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26464328/

http://timesonline.com/articles/2008/08/29/news/doc48b8adb204d42890214530.txt

BEAVER — An Industry man is facing a disorderly conduct charge for attending the Barack Obama rally in Irvine Park with a loaded gun that was holstered on his hip, according to state police and the Beaver County sheriff’s department.

John Noble, 50, was questioned by police for several hours Friday night after the incident, in which witnesses said he also was passing out fliers with writing about gun rights.

John Atkinson of Vanport Township said he saw Noble passing out the fliers and noticed the small-caliber handgun strapped to the man’s waist. He said he quickly notified nearby deputy sheriffs, and deputies Joseph O’Sche and Rich Yonlisky approached the man as he walked along Market Street.

Atkinson said that when the deputies asked why he had a gun, Noble replied, “Because I’m an American,” and one of the deputies responded, “Well, you’re under arrest.”

Noble was hustled to a nearby vehicle, and state police took him to the Brighton Township barracks to question him.

Beaver County Sheriff George David said that Noble insisted he had a right to have the gun because he has a permit to carry it. It wasn’t clear late Friday whether Noble had a valid permit.

David said Noble “wanted to show his rights.” He said Noble never removed the gun from the holster or threatened anyone.

Noble’s arrest took place around 7 p.m., nearly 90 minutes before Sen. Obama and the rest of his campaign team arrived in Beaver.

Bill Vidonic can be reached online at bvidonic@timesonline.com.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum46/15537.html

hsmith

imported post

Doug, Demcrats are all about Constitutional rights, I don't get it!

I mean, look at the peaceful exhibit of first amendment rights in CO

20080825__20080826_P12_CD26CCDNCPROTARREST%7Ep2.JPG

Legba

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Atkinson said that when the deputies asked why he had a gun, Noble replied, “Because I’m an American,” and one of the deputies responded, “Well, you’re under arrest.”
Kind of sums up the current state of things, eh?

-ljp

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So he was arrested for "disorderly conduct" because he was legally carrying a firearm, and reportedly NOT threatening, brandishing or otherwise being disorderly in his conduct? SHEEESH!

Huck

imported post

"Doug, Demcrats are all about Constitutional rights, I don't get it!"

Only the rights that the donks agree with.

lprgcFrank

imported post

Yes it is legal to OC while on foot in PA without any licensing/permits (except in Phila)
and OC'ing by itself does not meet the statutory level of disorderly conduct.

yeahYeah

imported post

lprgcFrank wrote:
Yes it is legal to OC while on foot in PA without any licensing/permits (except in Phila)
and OC'ing by itself does not meet the statutory level of disorderly conduct.

maybe so, but this is the messiah we are talking about here. If it's not blessed by his majesty, it mine as well be a felony. :what:

</sarcasm>

Sonora Rebel

imported post

"Beaver County Sheriff George David said that Noble insisted he had a right to have the gun because he has a permit to carry it. It wasn’t clear late Friday whether Noble had a valid permit."

This Sheriff as incompetent to make a statement like that. No permit is needed. It wasn't concealed. What's wrong with these people?

inthefrey

imported post

Folks, I live in New Brighton, PA - just across the Beaver River from Beaver, PA. (about 2 miles from my house)

Yes, I can OC without a permit. I also have a CCW.

This guy being arrested is all a bunch of hooey! If I were this guy, I would probably own Beaver, PA when it was all said and done with. What's really funny about all this is that Sheriff's Office, were you get your permits in Beaver, is about 100 yds. from where this guy was arrested - in the court house!

Here's the back of my permit!

It would be good if the current sheriff started receiving some mail.

The Donkey

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
"Beaver County Sheriff George David said that Noble insisted he had a right to have the gun because he has a permit to carry it. It wasn’t clear late Friday whether Noble had a valid permit."

This Sheriff as incompetent to make a statement like that. No permit is needed. It wasn't concealed. What's wrong with these people?
Thought it was illegal under federal law to OC in an area under secret service protection. Isn't this just a case where the guy fought the law and another law lost?

Thundar

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:

Thought it was illegal under federal law to OC in an area under secret service protection. Isn't this just a case where the guy fought the law and another law lost?

Donkey,

He was never in the SS secure area. The SS said so in a press release. It is the PA State stormtroopers, er police,that are trying to claim his conduct was disorderly.

Live Free or Die,

Thundar

The Donkey

imported post

"Disorderly conduct" -- ie -- pissing off the police -- still works magic in some trial courts. Here's hoping our "offender" has the wherewithal to sustain an appeal and a section 1983 suit to follow.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Back during the campaign, when Ubamanista Central for Northern Virginia was across the street from my residence, I made it a point EVERY DAY to strap on one of my firearms and walk directly in front of the building going and coming to and from the bank, the chili joint, wherever. Never did anything to inci9te anything, just calmly walked down the street with my roscoe on my hip.

Now that same building is being used by supporters of that damned carpetbagger McAuliffe (or as I call him, McQuiffe).