• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A CALL FOR POLITICAL ACTIVISM - ASSERT OUR RIGHTS - OPEN CARRY AROUND POLITICAL RALLIES

Thundar

imported post

MTN Jack, a member of this forum was arrested for open carrying and handing out pro firearms literature in his hometown before a political rally, none of which is illegal in Pennsylvania.

This is tyrannical and evil.

We must assert our rights and stand united as free men to oppose the illegal actions of government and I therefore make

A CALL TO ACTION

This fall, in every Sovereign State in this Republic (where our god given and Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms has not been infringed), we need to open carry around political events to show the SS that Americans are not intimidated. We must peaceably demonstrate for our civil rights, in the spirit of the great civil rights leader and handgun owner, Martin Luther King. Open Carry peaceably and without malice.

THE FIRST ACTION

Calling all Pennsylvania Patriots, Calling all Pennsylvania Patriots! The next Political Rally in PA happens today, 30 August,at 3PM in Consul Energy Park in Washington, PA where John McCain is scheduled to speak. Get to Washington early with your openly carried firearms.

I do not ask you to do more than what I have already done, Link:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/15235.html

Live Free or Die,

Thundar

Note: This IS NOT a call to try and infiltrate secure event sites with metal detectors that the SS has set up.

gamestalker

imported post

What a shame that so many Americans are mislead andmisinformed about the truth of how firearms, especially in an open carry manner, have a direct impact on the rate of violent crime. If citizens want totrust what they hear from the government, asthey seem to indicate, then they should yield to the report released by the FBI based on actual crime in all 50 states. Each year the federal government does numerous surveys to establish how certain elements in our society effect crime. One of these reports focuses on how The Right To Carry firearms decreases violent crime.Again, thestatistical dataI'm about to post are quotes from the FBI and not from a pro gun, or other entity dedicated to the defense of the 2nd amendment.

According to a report released from the Federal Bureau of Investigation ( FBI ), the right to carry firearms in those states allowing such has decreased by, not only noticeable numbers, but by extreme rates that clearly indicate the positive effect created by this element of choice allocated in those states. Further more at the time of this report there were currently 38RTC states. The larger number of RTC states, 38,not only shows the positive effect of RTC, but as well provides a better number to acquire or calculatethe real effect, and makes it nearly impossible to manipulate the survey results, not a likelymaneuver to expectfrom the feds. though.Now that I feel I have established that the feds were absolutely non biased in their report and how it was generated I'll continue with the numbers.

In RTC states, 38 in all at the time of this report, violent crime was comparably lower that in states not allowing RTC.

*Aggravated Assault down 13.9%

*Robbery down 43%

*Murder down 28%

*Total overallviolent crime down 21% in RTC states!

In a city for example such as Los Angles, where murder alone is over 1000 annually, we would be seeing a reduction of approximately 280 lives saved. It's quite apparent that guns don't inspire crime but, in fact help to diminish it, and very quickly start toshow their positive effect. We will always have individuals who abuse their rights, its always been that way. But we can't base our laws and rights on the very small number of those who aren't responsible enough to accept responsibility for their actions. Whether it be an automobile, air plane, gun, or other privilege we are extended, some will abuse or fail to demonstrate their ability to safely operate an automobile or other device. Do we out law automobiles in the US because of the large number of those who abuse the privilege to drive costibng human life at an alarming rate? Of course not, instead we impose severe penalties for failing to operate within the laws. Even though automobiles kill an extreme greater number of people than guns could ever in the US, we still don't out law automobiles. One could argue that automobiles are a necessary part of our modern society, and guns are not. But that isn't at all accurate when you consider the lives that are saved the direct result of carrying a gun as described above!
The staticalnumbers above are exactly as posted by the agency above. Further inspection of this report can be examined in one of several locations beginning with this one as follows: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1531733/posts

gamestalker

Alexcabbie

imported post

Directly across the street from me is Ubamanista local HQ. I make it a point to strap on one of my weapons and cross the street so as to walk DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THEM at least once a day. Well.

Today my choice was Maggie, my trusty S&W 629 6 1/2" .44 mag. I decided to pop in to the Hard Times Cafe for lunch. I noticed a minor hubbub when I walked in but Maggie does attract a lot of attention. I ordered a ribeye medium rare and a glass of ale. I've done this several times with Maggie and never a problem, but today the manager, a nice young lady, came over and said that although I have a right under Virginia law to open carry it was against the law to serve me alcohol. I pulled out my Virginia gun owner's guide and showed her where she was wrong, whereupon she said she was "fairly certain" that it was "company policy". I told her I had never had this problem before so she offered to call the area manager. I could not hear the conversation but she said yes, that's policy and I said fine, no problem I can do without a beer. The conversation was cordial - friendly - and I settled on a root beer to wash down my steak. But during the conversation it turned out that she was an Ubama supporter.

I am not about to go out and get bombed whilst armed, and I really hate washing down savory food with sweet sweet soda pop, which is why the brew. And they screwed up the steak, mashing it flat from about 3/4 inch thick and 4 inches around to a disc about 7inches around and 3/8 inch thick which made for a well-done piece of shoe leather. To be fair the same manager comped me my whole meal when I complained - nicely, of course. Did I handle the situation well?? What if anything should I do about it? This young lady is the first Ubamanista I have met who did not turn into a spit-flying loon within one minute but at least she did not ask me to leave even though I told her it would be perfectly lawful for her to do so.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Directly across the street from me is Ubamanista local HQ. I make it a point to strap on one of my weapons and cross the street so as to walk DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THEM at least once a day. Well.

Today my choice was Maggie, my trusty S&W 629 6 1/2" .44 mag. I decided to pop in to the Hard Times Cafe for lunch. I noticed a minor hubbub when I walked in but Maggie does attract a lot of attention. I ordered a ribeye medium rare and a glass of ale. I've done this several times with Maggie and never a problem, but today the manager, a nice young lady, came over and said that although I have a right under Virginia law to open carry it was against the law to serve me alcohol. I pulled out my Virginia gun owner's guide and showed her where she was wrong, whereupon she said she was "fairly certain" that it was "company policy". I told her I had never had this problem before so she offered to call the area manager. I could not hear the conversation but she said yes, that's policy and I said fine, no problem I can do without a beer. The conversation was cordial - friendly - and I settled on a root beer to wash down my steak. But during the conversation it turned out that she was an Ubama supporter.

I am not about to go out and get bombed whilst armed, and I really hate washing down savory food with sweet sweet soda pop, which is why the brew. And they screwed up the steak, mashing it flat from about 3/4 inch thick and 4 inches around to a disc about 7inches around and 3/8 inch thick which made for a well-done piece of shoe leather. To be fair the same manager comped me my whole meal when I complained - nicely, of course. Did I handle the situation well?? What if anything should I do about it? This young lady is the first Ubamanista I have met who did not turn into a spit-flying loon within one minute but at least she did not ask me to leave even though I told her it would be perfectly lawful for her to do so.
You handled it fine.

To be fair, while it is not illegal to consume alcohol while carrying, as a matter of policy many of us do not, simply to avoid the "he'd been drinking" if stuff hits the fan.

IIRC, and I haven't done the research on this recently, any establishment can refuse to serve alcohol to a patron for any reason, though. I'm reluctant to even assert that given that I haven't researched it, but I believe it to be true.

So, while your gun owners' guide is correct, the restaurant is not beyond its bounds either, unless the server violated the restaurant's policy.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Thank you, Tess. I do worry about the image of those of us who OC and try not to be too "in your face" about it. And on reflection, I see your point about the "he'd been drinking" bit. What if a nutcase came in as recently happened in Huntington - you're from the Alexandria part of the County so am sure you know the incident - and fired a shot into the counter BEFORE announcing a holdup. If I in that scenario wound up shooting the creep, the Kool-Aid kids would have painted ME as the bad guy because I wanted a beverage to compliment and not conflict with my food. I will henceforth refrain from consumption of any alcoholic beverages whilst armed. You and the rest of my bretheren and sisteren have my Scout's Honor on that. While the motto of this organization is "a right unexersized is a right lost" this is probably the exception that proves the rule. In a perfect world this would not be, but in a perfect world there would be no robbers, rapists, extortionists etc. ad infinitum

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

That's why I drink unsweetened tea, black coffee, or water most of the time. I don't drink sodapop any time, and certainly not with a meal <grin>.

gamestalker

imported post

I respect your approach to this quickly growing issue and admire your courage to exploit the very basis and meaning of freedom. We will not be imposed upon regarding our rights as humans, we will not have our 2nd ammendment imposed upon, as that is one of theprimary steps toward control of our human rights, indeed! I live in Arizona and don't have the legal right to carry in any establishment that serves alcohol. To handle firearms while consuming alcohol is also a violation in our state. However, we are legal to carry without any required permits, of any type.We also don't have to jump through any hoops to purchase, no waiting period, no permit to purchase, only the NICS, which is a little more than I agree with. I would prefer that this be accomplished at state level and not involve the Federal government. I would also like for sales to not be recorded, why should anyone have to know I bought a firearm?

gamestalker

DenWin

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Thank you, Tess. I do worry about the image of those of us who OC and try not to be too "in your face" about it. And on reflection, I see your point about the "he'd been drinking" bit. What if a nutcase came in as recently happened in Huntington - you're from the Alexandria part of the County so am sure you know the incident - and fired a shot into the counter BEFORE announcing a holdup. If I in that scenario wound up shooting the creep, the Kool-Aid kids would have painted ME as the bad guy because I wanted a beverage to compliment and not conflict with my food. I will henceforth refrain from consumption of any alcoholic beverages whilst armed. You and the rest of my bretheren and sisteren have my Scout's Honor on that. While the motto of this organization is "a right unexersized is a right lost" this is probably the exception that proves the rule. In a perfect world this would not be, but in a perfect world there would be no robbers, rapists, extortionists etc. ad infinitum

Well, me and me friends get by that with this little play:

We stack the alcohol under the ammo, go out to a nice spot to camp and shoot, and I point at the alcohol and say,"We don't touch this," then point at the ammo,"until all of this is gone. Got it? Good, let's shoot!" ;)