Thread: Woman Has Gun Blow up in Face

Post imported post

I'm not familiar with a Talon T-200 9 MM but this gal had it http://kdka.com/local/Pistol.explode....2.806575.html blow up in her face while target shooting, video link in the RH corner.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I thinkTalon will be going out of business after the lawsuit that's coming...

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

Dollars to doughnuts they were using someone elses reloads.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

The Talon's slide looks pretty thin (design problem) at those points where it broke. Also, the type of metal used may not have been the best.

Major name-brand gunmaker Beretta had slide crackingissues in some of theirTomcat Model 3032semi-autos, and they were only 32ACP...the Talon was a 9mm. I have an inox Tomcat and the slide definitely is beefed up compared to earlier versions. Maybe the obscure brand Talon needs that also...if it survives the lawsuit that is.

As for reloads, I didn't see where it said she was using reloads and besides, most reloaders are pretty careful and produce a quality reloaded ammo. I know I did.

I thinkTalon isin trouble.

-- John D.

P.S. I know the Beretta silde is an open design and the Talon slide is not, but still, the Talon's slide looks weak, let alone the issue re: the kind of metal they used for it.

Post imported post

Hmm, looks like another Kel Tec P11 clone......obviously not made to the same quality though......

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Looks like MissyJean will be getting Tom Vito to join in the lawsuit...

-- John D.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Whoaa. That is NOT a good thing. Just think if that shot she was taking was one that was aimed at a BG who had put her life in danger?

Glad to see she is not about to let this episode ruin her desire to continue to own and use firearms.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    Whoaa. That is NOT a good thing. Just think if that shot she was taking was one that was aimed at a BG who had put her life in danger?

Glad to see she is not about to let this episode ruin her desire to continue to own and use firearms.
    I second that emotion!
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

IF the Talon really is a cheaply-made gun, another problem with them is they aren't durable enough to hold up to very many practice sessions. A Jennings 22LR auto I used to own is one such example.

Just another reason to buy a reliable as well as durable gun. As I've said, if $$ is an issue, then get a military surplus "obsolete" gun.

As I await the arrival of Hurricane Gustav -- if it veres West and hits Galveston instead of the projected target LA -- I know my two very robust milsurp Tokarevs will hold up fine should I need them to repel boarders (looters).

Surviving the National Guard (or local authorities) if they try to forcibly evacuate and disarm me is more of a concern than looters though (it's a shame we have to me more worried about the "good guys" than the bad guys)!

:shock:

...if I survive the hurricane's hit that is, since I'm staying, not evacuating.

-- John D.

Post imported post

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=389180

THR thread on same topic. Apparently Talon is well known (among those who have owned their products at least) for poor quality work (there are multiple instances of that model 'sploding, not all of them with handloads). Also, they already went out of business several years ago.