• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Possible Nationwide Meetup?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Alec411 wrote:
ISN'TNRA CONVENTIONSOON IN PHOENIX, AROUND THE END OF SEPT?

WE COULD NOT RAISE A "MILLION GUN MARCH" IF THE CHINESE LANDED IN TOLEDO!

(OF COURSE, FACE-TO-FACE WITH WAYNE, ANDI RIGHT-HOOK DROP HIM!)

No, the NRA annual meeting was early summer this year.

You may be thinking of the Gun Rights Policy Conference. I mentioned it above.

Given what it takes to hold a major meeting, you're way behind the power curve for this year. Yeah, maybe Ted Nugent could do it by calling in favors and using contacts, but most could not without a planner. Even Burning Man, and Sturgis, and "informal" rallies have scheduling, booking, travel and transportation, etc.

Simultaneous state-wide meetups are much more practical, but you're running out of daylight here.

Takezo

imported post

Yes, you have to do some planning on this... last minute stuff will not fly.

Takezo

imported post

The place to start is by organizing a group within your state. A group that is always at gun-shows, state fairs, public events, etc. A hard-core group of believers.

You cannot do everything yourself--you need a few guy/gals who will help pull the load. I used to direct/write and produce enteratinment for the Disney Parks many moons ago. Planning events takes time and effort. This is an event you're thinking of.

You should try to a meet in your county seatat first. Just show up with the barbeques and go at it. Get some public awareness. Then invite politicians who also support the NRA and GOA and radio talk show personalities who are allegedly super conservative. Try this see how it goes. Plan it for the spring to give you time to work on this--then in the early summer of next year have your eyes on a bigger venue, like in the state capitol (rock-bands, booths, etc.) --a more than moderate get-together.

Use your location to pull the guys from other states who have OC already kick-started.... build it and they will come!

We have these big-ass picknicks out here sponsored by Rauhaugs--they charge an admission fee, but you won't. Model it on their events. Invite firearms companies to display, the military to display, the local Militia outfit to display, etc. You want bodiesto show up.

I will ask my agent out here in the PRK to find out Ted Nugent's contact number and agent. I'll pose the scenario to him if you would like.

ST

Takezo

imported post

Yeah man, you got to start taking the reigns yourself. Mike et al are overworked on this site. If you start "Opencarryketuck.org" as a sister organization... well this is how this thing has to be grown. And then guys in Penn start "OpencarryPenn.org" as another sister organization. These would be like state and local chapters of the NRA--only with balls. We all can't just keep yammering away on this board to one another--like deciples we must spread the gospel.

Also....

What someone in this movement has to do is to infiltrate one of these McCain/Palin home-town meetings (not by OCing lol), and put the meet to these putzes... "Doyou support open-carry, which is legal in...." Force a response. Get it on video, put it on google. This question should especially be asked of Governor Palin--where open carry is legal in Alaska. "Do you support it nationwide governor?" lol.

I'm so evil!!!

Just some thoughts.

ST

Alec411

imported post

Regarding 'crashing' a McCain town mtg. Bad example! McCain an Arizona Senator. Can you imagine AZ electing anyone that was not Pro Gun? That ticket is solid both OC/CC

Alex411

PHX, AZ

Takezo

imported post

I don't think you got it... "do you support OC on a nation-wide basis, senator/governor?"

Get them to say it--despite knowing what they will say. It a publicity thing.

Alec411

imported post

RIA's last sentence is KEY. Best Behavior! No Hanoi Jane T-Shirts! No screwing around. It would be used in a heartbeat!

Alexcabbie

imported post

Alec411 wrote:
ISN'TNRA CONVENTIONSOON IN PHOENIX, AROUND THE END OF SEPT?

WE COULD NOT RAISE A "MILLION GUN MARCH" IF THE CHINESE LANDED IN TOLEDO!

(OF COURSE, FACE-TO-FACE WITH WAYNE, ANDI RIGHT-HOOK DROP HIM!)

Alec, I am an NRA member. But I have seen a lot of hostility toward the NRA not only here but among lots of gun owners here in Virginia, thier HQ state. I am begoinning to understand why.

About three months ago I got a voice mail about a doctor bill belonging to someone I never heard of, so I blew it off. Then the collection agency calls came, and I told them my name wasn't Diegio or whatever and stop calling, but they nkept it up. So finally I resorted to blowing an air horn into the phone when they called.

About a week ago the postman handed me a letter that was stamped "LEGAL ACTION PENDING RESPONSE DOCUMENT ENCLOSED" with a red dated stamp on it. As you can imagine i about you-know-what in my pants.

It was a fundraiser letter from NRA. The "legal action" referred to was the (totally needful) lawsuits agsinst DC, Chicago and other entities for violation of the 2nd Amendment. While as a member I support the stated goals of nthe National Rifle Association, I am fairly certain that mid-summer April Fool jokes do not further these. I also get frequent mailings telling me that I need to ngive them umpteen dollars to stop Usana O'Bama. Listen, Barry Hussein is gonna stop his own self, believe it. But I'm still gonna contribute some fundage.

The National Rifle Association is a "big gun". The national gun rights movement is a big battleship. The NRA needs to realize that without ship to fire from a cannon is just its own ballast. I have really started to question whether they are in this more for dedicaton to the 2nd amendment or the collection of numbered intaglio prints of portraits of Benjamin Franklin.

Alexcabbie

imported post

One more thing, folks. As far as rallies are concerned I think that every April 15 there should be a national holiday with open-carry picnics on both sides of every road leading into DC so these politicians cuould be reminded on nthier way into work what an armed mob looks like. I men like be friendly and offer whoever stops some barbecue or whatever but just remind them who holds the REAL power in a republic.

Alec411

imported post

Hi Alex

My biggest opposition to NRA and Wayne goes all the way back to Wayne's reference to Federal Agents as on one occaison, as Jack-Booted Storm Troopers, and on another as Jack-Booted Nazis. Guess what I did for a living for 30+ years?

There is NO DOUBT that several agencies not only overstepped their bounds, but committed crimes against American Citizens. Some of the actions ordered (orders which many ignored) resulted in multiple deaths. It was just as criminal then as it is now, but to paint ALL FEDERAL AGENTS WITH THE SAME BRUSH, IS NOT ONLY GROSSLY UNFAIR, but untrue. I an many, many, many supported all of the original Ten Amendments to our Bill of Rights. The second amendment above all. Many of us were activists. Many were punished, even fired for exercising our First SAmendment Rights. I was fined & demoted for refusing a direct order at Waco. Later, it was magically fixed when I formally announced my intent to attempt to go public. If most of you can believe that certain agencies arranged for disappearences of citizens, why can'tmost buy into the idea that there was nothing sacred about the life's of their own? Can I prove it NO! Ask me what I know, that I know, that I know, that I know in my heart ofhearts!

Back to point. I am not ashamed or had a second thought about anything I did. The same is true of most. Reform from inside is/was a bit*h!