Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Open carry permits

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Apple Valley
    Posts
    38

    Post imported post

    I was reading in another post and saw a mention of Open Carry Permits. What exactly is this compared to legal open carry without one. Also are they like CCW in CA, meaning it takes an act of God to be "May- issued" one?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    902

    Post imported post

    Read PC 12050. It's all there.

  3. #3
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231

    Post imported post

    Even God needs permission to get a License to Carry Loaded and Exposed in California.

    I am not aware of any issuing agency that has issued this form of license. With a 20+ year member of the NRA, 'pro-gun rights' LEO as the local sheriff, the first response from his office was "Eh, What's that? Dontcha mean CEE CEE DUBYA?" then "No, you need to talk to contact the Department of Consumer Affairs" (which was wholly incorrect), and finally, "Not just NO, but HELL no".


    Oops. forgot to answer the questions.

    Such a license would make open carry while loaded legal almost everywhere- incorporated city limits, prohibited discharge areas, school zones- other usual no-go zones.

    It would only be valid in the county of issuance and doesnt change carry in National Parks, State Parks, or Postal property.


    Anti-gunners would call unloaded open carry a "loophole" as it is not specifically prohibited.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    fresno, California, USA
    Posts
    210

    Post imported post

    ConditionThree wrote:
    Dontcha mean CEE CEE DUBYA?

    this just made my day

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    poothrowingape wrote:
    ConditionThree wrote:
    Dontcha mean CEE CEE DUBYA?
    *

    this just made my day

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    902

    Post imported post

    ConditionThree wrote:
    Even God needs permission to get a License to Carry Loaded and Exposed in California.

    I am not aware of any issuing agency that has issued this form of license. With a 20+ year member of the NRA, 'pro-gun rights' LEO as the local sheriff, the first response from his office was "Eh, What's that? Dontcha mean CEE CEE DUBYA?" then "No, you need to talk to contact the Department of Consumer Affairs" (which was wholly incorrect), and finally, "Not just NO, but HELL no".


    Oops. forgot to answer the questions.

    Such a license would make open carry while loaded legal almost everywhere- incorporated city limits, prohibited discharge areas, school zones- other usual no-go zones.

    It would only be valid in the county of issuance and doesnt change carry in National Parks, State Parks, or Postal property.


    Anti-gunners would call unloaded open carry a "loophole" as it is not specifically prohibited.
    The Shasta county sheriff is by no means pro RKBA. He's just not.

    His CCW policy is illegal.

    He requires that someone resides in the county for a year. Unconsitutional per the Sanez case in SCOTUS.

    He requires that one be a U.S. Citizen, unconsitutional per Grahm v Richardson in SCOTUS.

    And he revoked yours for legally open carrying.You guys need to try to throw that bum of a sheriff out during the next election. Make him get a real job.

  7. #7
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231

    Post imported post

    Jared wrote:
    The Shasta county sheriff is by no means pro RKBA. He's just not.

    His CCW policy is illegal.

    He requires that someone resides in the county for a year. Unconsitutional per the Sanez case in SCOTUS.

    He requires that one be a U.S. Citizen, unconsitutional per Grahm v Richardson in SCOTUS.

    And he revoked yours for legally open carrying.You guys need to try to throw that bum of a sheriff out during the next election. Make him get a real job.
    Preaching to the choir.

    His term is up in 2010. Unfortunately, this is an environment which can go from bad to worse-- unless a liberty-minded candidate can be found or groomed.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •