Thread: Flak from CCW people

Post imported post

I've had my CCW for sometime now , but I prefer to OC when possible. I was just wondering if anyone else on here have been getting any flak from CCers? There have been a few buisnesses put up signs "No Weapons" because of me and a couple of others. And there have been a few people who CC telling me that I was messing things up for everyone.

Post imported post

Tell those business owners, "Oh, don't worry. When the **it hits the fan, and some drugged out moron wanders into your front door and starts blasting up your place, you can count on me to respect your anti-gun position and NOT draw my weapon to defend your life, or that of your family or co-workers. Nope, I'll just sit there quietly with my weapon securely holstered so that you don't have to worry about feeling threatened by MY weapon, and you can concentrate on the guy who is there to kill you."

Post imported post

I just don't bother doing buisness in those places any more I'm close enough to another town and do most of my buisness there where most of them don't even raise an eyebrow when I walk in.

Post imported post

Sure would be nice if you would say where these towns are.

Post imported post

Diver_59 wrote:
    I've had my CCW for sometime now , but I prefer to OC when possible. I was just wondering if anyone else on here have been getting any flak from CCers? There have been a few buisnesses put up signs "No Weapons" because of me and a couple of others. And there have been a few people who CC telling me that I was messing things up for everyone.
    In a word, no. What is happening is that the reality of seeing a sidearm legally carried by a non-LEO is causing certain previously closeted antis to ease out of the shadows and into the light.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

ute wrote:
    Sure would be nice if you would say where these towns are.
    Marble Hill is the town where I dont do much buisness anymore...even though there is no city ordinances against open carry. On ther other hand Jackson has no ordinances either against OC and at first there was some looks and a couple of encounters with some LEOs (See my other threads posted about those)

I dont have anymore problems with the people or buisnesses in Jackson.

Post imported post

I don't remember if it was MAD TV or Sat Nite Live that did a spoof on 'Gun Free Zones'. Bad guy comes into a convienience store... gun in hand. Shopkeeper (a Habib type character) starts yellin'... "Didn't you see the sign?" Bad guy backs up... Looks at he sign... (Gunbusters) apologizes 'n runs off. It think there were some other scenarios along with that... but that's the one I recall.

It's like puttin' up a sign that sez: "We are unarmed and defenseless... Come in and rob/kill us."

Some folksprefer to live in an alternative reality.

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    I don't remember if it was MAD TV or Sat Nite Live that did a spoof on 'Gun Free Zones'. Bad guy comes into a convienience store... gun in hand. Shopkeeper (a Habib type character) starts yellin'... "Didn't you see the sign?" Bad guy backs up... Looks at he sign... (Gunbusters) apologizes 'n runs off. It think there were some other scenarios along with that... but that's the one I recall.

It's like puttin' up a sign that sez: "We are unarmed and defenseless... Come in and rob/kill us."

You can bet that even if I was carrying and they happen to have a sign up I would have to think twice about drawing my weapon to protect thier colective a**es.

They just dont stop to think that law abiding people that do carry would be more willing to try and stop something like that instead of starting something...the MORONS!

Post imported post

Law abiding people tend to remain law abiding people. CC... may be less 'alarming' to some. What they don't see can't hurt 'em. OC... OMG... a GUN! Obviously a n'eer do well up to no good. This is enforced by the media and some politicians who feed on this stuff.

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    Law abiding people tend to remain law abiding people. CC... may be less 'alarming' to some. What they don't see can't hurt 'em. OC... OMG... a GUN! Obviously a n'eer do well up to no good. This is enforced by the media and some politicians who feed on this stuff.
    They dont stop to think that someone that has intent to do something bad isnt going to come in OCing anyway! The stupidity of people never stops amazing me!

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:

I'm guessing you are thinking of the 1/2 Hour News Hour skit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

That was hilarious. Clap Clap Clap!

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:

Here is a link to the skit that you were referring to. It is hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGqiULYbt5Y

Edit: Oops, didn't see that someone had already posted it. It's still funny though the second time.

Post imported post

Sure wish i would have had one of the signs just before christmas last year then i would'nt have been robbed.lol