• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need Some help educating texan's

RichB 99GTP

imported post

Hi guys,

I know I don't live in Texas, but I'm a member of a car forum that has several members advocating gun rights in texas (http://www.ls1.com). The problem is that they have no idea of how restricted their rights actually are compared to other states with regards to open carry.

I was hoping that one of the state leaders in this forum might be able to log in to this forum and help educate them about how they might be able to improve the conditions they are living under. Point them to the website where they can help the movement and make a difference!

The forum does require registration to be able to read/post replies, but hopefully that won' be too much of a burden. Here is the actual thread: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95834

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Why don't you just send them to opencarry.org?

Then, politely explain that they need to work to legalize open carry in the state of Texas. Unlicensed open carry, to be more specific.

Our rights are preserved nowhere while we must obtain permission to exercise them. At that point they have become mere "privileges," to be revoked at the slightest provocation.

RichB 99GTP

imported post

Hi Marshaul,

I can certainly do that, but I was thinking that some local members might have specific material that they would like released.

I'll go ahead and post an invitation to the site here. :)

SANDCREEK

imported post

Ijust returned from a 3 week visit to Texas. I OC'd at every "legal" opportunity. From parked car into motel rooms and back. When I pulled into a motel in Dumas Sunday night there was a shady critter "camped-out" about 40 feet from my car. After unlocking the room and returning to unload luggage "critter"had moved on to another location. People I talked with down there are doubtful that OC will happen in Texas - but I beg to differ. Once out of Texas my shirt remained tucked-in. Gotta love New Mexico & Colorado after 3 weeks of conceal, conceal, conceal.