• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police and their carry

Sonora Rebel

imported post

As for the military: "Congess shall make all laws governing land and naval forces of the United States." That's the UCMJ Weapons are issued 'as required'. They don't call it the Armed Forces for nothin'.

Gunslinger

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
Leo! You made bail! Welcome back! I'm sure those morals charges won't stick.:lol:
As you can see from my photo.... I am a not who I was a month ago... I am a changed man.

I have been re indoctrinated and reprogrammed to think things through from now on.
You're watching too many Obooba commercials...:(

LaVere

imported post

I'm sure in Michigan all persons police or civilian have to have a CPL license. While I have not see one of the police CPL. I'm assuming it may show something saying they are police.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Hah! 6200 posts of bathos...needs to get a life away from the keyboard.
Did you ever read the PM I sent you? I wanted to offer an olive branch and work on a peace treaty with you.

I was hoping you would be mature enough to at least read it and respond.

I really would like toput asideany problems that we have witheach other.

And finally.... I am not here to belittle you... but you on-the-other-hand... Enough said.
I read your first two PM to me, much to my disgust. Perhaps you fooled me once, you won't fool me again. You may abase yourself and apologize in public - an 'action' instead of empty talk. When you have expressed adequate remorse then I may 'respond'.

jbone

imported post

dalebfast wrote:
he furthered my question by asking how the military is permitted. By law, statute, etc, etc.
Being in the Military doesn’t give any special privilege. I have to follow the same state and federal lawsfor CCor OC. I’m not military LE, but the only diff is Military LE in the performance of their duties have some exception for weapons carry in the civ sector, but are no means civilian cops.

When I strip my uniform off for the day and am off base my military status means squat, I had better follow the laws of the land same with Military LE AT LEAST ACTIVE DUTY, don’t know about NCIS and other services special investigation branches. When I OC I best be responsible, when I CC the same and be darn sure I have my permit on my person.

We can’t even bring a weapon on base, unless you I report it and are going to the base range or the armory to store it, or picking up to take off base etc…

Here’s a SNIP of RCW 9.41.300 for Washington State

(6) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to:

(a) A person engaged in military activities sponsored by the federal or state governments, while engaged in official duties;

Hope this helps.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
Others are right in that it varies by state and I think there are even some relevant federal laws like the LEOSA.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_Enforcement_Officers_Safety_Act)

Originally I believe most police in the USA weren't armed because they worried people might see them as astanding army. Ibelieve in some countries the regular patrolmen are not armed even today.

Is it a good idea for them to be armed? I think so. If we have to havepolice they should be armed. And so should non-police.

Interestingly when the citizens of Great Britton were armed the police were not. Now that the citizens are no longer allowed toown gunsthe police need them. :cuss: