• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about OpenCarry.org

XD40coyote

imported post

No problem with CC from me either. Since I can't get the nerve up to OC solo over in PA, I will just have to CC on my FL lisc till either I work the nerve up, or have some other OCers to hang out with.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

XD-GEM wrote:
One of my favorite exchanges, from the movie "Miss Congeniality"

"But he had a GUN!!"

"This is Texas, EVERYBODY has a gun!"

:lol:
Here's the scary part ... that was just ONE of his favorite exchanges from that movie which means there are more. :shock:

:p I saw it with a g/f too and thought it entertaining.

Slayer of Paper

imported post

I'm in the minority here, in that I generally CC, and only very rarely OC, but I do support the right to open carry.

I haven't noticed any serious discrimination against me because of it. I also haven't posted any threads "explaining" how CC is the best way to carry, either. They are quite interesting to read, though.

I agree with the main sentiment: Open or concealed, the important thing is to carry. The more people that take responsibility for their own safety, the safer EVERYONE will be.

Legba

imported post

I plan to get a CC permit just to avoid legal problems with transportation in vehicles. I'm not aware of any animus against CC in the forum in any case - we're just advocating for the right to OC, which fell out of fashion since the wild west days but was never legally prohibited in most states.

-ljp

Mack 12ga.

imported post

Kylevet wrote:
Hi-first time visitor to opencarry.org, saw the billboard on the highway out of San Antonio.

I do have 1 quick question, dunno if its best to post here or if I can find out elsewhere.

Do you guys also support Concealed carry? I would love to support open carry, join & sign any and all petitions, and absolutely think it should be legal, *in addition to* concealed carry--but I'm not sure I would support it *instead of* concealed carry. Does opencarry.org have an sort of position statement on this?

Thanks!
Most every one , but not all it seems also hold C.C.W licenses and do on occasion conceal carry but we are trying to support OC and educate others on our rights as American's and to alsoexercise our rights.:cool: