• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Safes

Triple Tap

imported post

So I am about to go look for gun safes, have any used ones you want to get ride of? I am looking for something fire rated with electronic lock to make access faster.

Also wondering what kind you all like, and why?

Patch

imported post

Just picked this one up at Sam's two weeks ago and so far I like it. Fire rating is only at 20 mins, but could not afford more! Was $500 for this!!!

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

d0od

imported post

I have been looking at gun safes lately, for the moment I am probably just going to get a cheap-o Stack-on. The one I will be saving my pennies for is an AMSEC, they have them at the Sportco in Fife(they have a very good selection). Very impressive safe.

Patch

imported post

Have it on 2nd floor right now.......moving this week downstairs and will be bolting the biatch to the concrete slab!! :D

Looks much better now with the Savage 30-06 next to the Bushmaster, 1k .223 and several hundred .45 rounds LOL!

And of course the Sig P220 lives in there when not riding on me hip!!

Actually pretty good safe and picked up a good safe dehu from Cabella's

NWGirl

imported post

We've got a Browning Theftgaurd. It's last year's model bought this year so we got a slightly better deal on it than if we'd bought the new model.It's not the best one out there or anything but we've got it on an outside wall (in case of fire it's not as hot as an interior wall from what i've read). It's bolted to the concrete floor so it would take some doing to steal the whole thing. Fire rating is 30-45 minutes (I really can't remember exactly).

One thing, buy it bigger than you think you'll need! I had my CPL for two years before i finally told my DH I needed a gun. Once I got the first one, within three weeks I had two more!!! :shock:DH's are multiplying now too!

You lock those things in the dark and that's what happens I guess! :celebrate

StrkAliteN

imported post

Triple Tap wrote:
So I am about to go look for gun safes, have any used ones you want to get ride of? I am looking for something fire rated with electronic lock to make access faster.

Also wondering what kind you all like, and why?

I know of a safe for sale in the downtown Everett area.

It's a mid-range size one. Easily handled by 2 guys w/ a dolly. Elec lock. I cannot recall if it was fire-rated or not ?

Most likely rated for 15-18 long guns.

The seller is in a jam and needs to move so I would think he's pretty motivated to sell it. I doubt he would say no to a $300-400 offer.

Send me an e-mail / IM and I'll reply back with his contact info.

I recently did a gun deal with him and the gunsafe was still available as of a week ago.

Nosrac

imported post

It looks like I'm on the hunt for a safe also. For some reason my guns have beenmultiplyingrecently. I haven't figured it out yet butas far as I can tell it'ssome sort of addiction.

It seems like the size safe I want is $700 and up!

Triple Tap

imported post

Nosrac wrote:
It looks like I'm on the hunt for a safe also. For some reason my guns have beenmultiplyingrecently. I haven't figured it out yet butas far as I can tell it'ssome sort of addiction.

It seems like the size safe I want is $700 and up!
Bad word, addiction. You might be force to check a box on your next CPL application for that...:D would it disqualify you?:shock:

FogRider

imported post

Triple Tap wrote:
Bad word, addiction. You might be force to check a box on your next CPL application for that...:D would it disqualify you?:shock:
The app (as I recall) only asks about addictions to illicit substances. Hoppes *9 is hardly illegal.

Triple Tap

imported post

FogRider wrote:
Triple Tap wrote:
The app (as I recall) only asks about addictions to illicit substances. Hoppes *9 is hardly illegal.
Actually not true. If used as an inhalent it is illegal.

RCW 9.47A.020Unlawful inhalation — Exception.
It is unlawful for any person to intentionally smell or inhale the fumes of any type of substance as defined in RCW 9.47A.010 or to induce any other person to do so, for the purpose of causing a condition of, or inducing symptoms of intoxication, elation, euphoria, dizziness, excitement, irrational behavior, exhilaration, paralysis, stupefaction, or dulling of the senses of the nervous system, or for the purpose of, in any manner, changing, distorting, or disturbing the audio, visual, or mental processes. This section does not apply to the inhalation of any anesthesia for medical or dental purposes.

RCW 9.47A.030Possession of certain substances prohibited, when.
No person may, for the purpose of violating RCW 9.47A.020, use, or possess for the purpose of so using, any substance containing a solvent having the property of releasing toxic vapors or fumes.

Nosrac

imported post

FogRider wrote:
Triple Tap wrote:

No problem there I usually use CLP and try not to sniff much. I have Hoppes too but the stinkiest stuff I have is some Montana Mt copper killer. That is darn right noxious.

Anyway, if ya help me move my new safe (when I find it)I'll help you move yours!