Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Suggestion for Future Events

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    I'd like to claim this idea, but it was actually my girlfriends.

    I think for future events maybewe should add nametags to the supplies list. I think this would be helpful for new people. We could put both our real names and forum names on the tag.

    I don't know, maybethis isn't a good idea, butI think it might be helpful.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    I would rather get first impressions all over again. That way we are not prejudiced by something stupid that Anony Mouse may have written because we will know him as John Hancock.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    Doug Huffman wrote:
    I would rather get first impressions all over again. That way we are not prejudiced by something stupid that Anony Mouse may have written because we will know him as John Hancock.
    I agree to that being a valid point, but I don't think it'll make much of a difference. In my experience, when somebody shows up, it goes like this:

    "Hi, I'm Nate... SQLtables... nice to meet you"

    So, I don't think nametags would change much in that respect.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    SQLtables wrote:
    I'd like to claim this idea, but it was actually my girlfriends.

    I think for future events maybewe should add nametags to the supplies list. I think this would be helpful for new people. We could put both our real names and forum names on the tag.

    I don't know, maybethis isn't a good idea, butI think it might be helpful.

    SQLtables, several of us discussed this at the picnic Sunday. We agreed that it would be a good idea.

    However, Warlockmatized, IIRC, mentioned this idea had been discussed in the past and that it may make us (MOC) appear-at the picnics-to be an organized event.

    I say lets do it.




  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Silverwood, Michigan
    Posts
    720

    Post imported post

    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:
    I'd like to claim this idea, but it was actually my girlfriends.

    I think for future events maybewe should add nametags to the supplies list. I think this would be helpful for new people. We could put both our real names and forum names on the tag.

    I don't know, maybethis isn't a good idea, butI think it might be helpful.

    SQLtables, several of us discussed this at the picnic Sunday. We agreed that it would be a good idea.

    However, Warlockmatized, IIRC, mentioned this idea had been discussed in the past and that it may make us (MOC) appear-at the picnics-to be an organized event.

    I say lets do it.


    You are correct Randy. I spoke with Venator prior to the Warren picnic about this very subject. I thought it was a very good idea. However he had concerns and reservations about doing it. Rather than "try" and remember all he had to say on the subject, hopefully Brian will chime in.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    Well, as far as name tags making it look like an "organized" event... we actually wear name tags at my FAMILY reunion. I don't think name tags will make a difference in the whole demonstration vs. picnic argument.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    SQLtables wrote:
    Well, as far as name tags making it look like an "organized" event... we actually wear name tags at my FAMILY reunion. I don't think name tags will make a difference in the whole demonstration vs. picnic argument.
    That's what we agreed on at the picnic.At the same time, we thought itshould be discussed with other MOC'ers before doing so.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:
    Well, as far as name tags making it look like an "organized" event... we actually wear name tags at my FAMILY reunion. I don't think name tags will make a difference in the whole demonstration vs. picnic argument.
    That's what we agreed on at the picnic.At the same time, we thought itshould be discussed with other MOC'ers before doing so.
    Agreed. We allneed to be on the same page.

    Christy even mentioned she would help with some sort of reusable name tag, socould all have our own tag,if we decided to do that. I don't know if that would be feasible with the growth rate we have now though.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Plymouth/Canton, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    252

    Post imported post

    SQLtables wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:
    Well, as far as name tags making it look like an "organized" event... we actually wear name tags at my FAMILY reunion. I don't think name tags will make a difference in the whole demonstration vs. picnic argument.
    That's what we agreed on at the picnic.At the same time, we thought itshould be discussed with other MOC'ers before doing so.
    Agreed. We allneed to be on the same page.

    Christy even mentioned she would help with some sort of reusable name tag, socould all have our own tag,if we decided to do that. I don't know if that would be feasible with the growth rate we have now though.
    Cant we just get some of those paper patches that say "Hello may name is"??? Either that or we all go out and get some tattoos . Im past due for another one anyway.

  10. #10
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    6,446

    Post imported post

    My concern was that some people like to keep a low profile and wish to remain nameless. Also at the time of the Warren picnic there was a large police presence and I didn't want to have to refuse to give ID if asked by the PD then have it on my name tag. Saying that, it will be voluntary to put on a name tag so those that don't want to don't have to. Go for it.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Tucker6900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    1,249

    Post imported post

    We could just pull a Fight Club. Where Ed Nortons character used several different name tags, but to this day we still dont know his real name.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.


    The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

  12. #12
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    6,446

    Post imported post

    Tucker6900 wrote:
    We could just pull a Fight Club. Where Ed Nortons character used several different name tags, but to this day we still dont know his real name.
    I LIKE IT!
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    Venator wrote:
    My concern was that some people like to keep a low profile and wish to remain nameless. Also at the time of the Warren picnic there was a large police presence and I didn't want to have to refuse to give ID if asked by the PD then have it on my name tag. Saying that, it will be voluntary to put on a name tag so those that don't want to don't have to. Go for it.
    I thought about this, and decided that the solution is really to not put on a name tag. It's up to each individual whether they want to be known or not, just like you said.


    Yes, I figured we could just use the "my name is" tags, but I was just saying that Christy volunteered to do something else if we wanted to be more fancy. Ya know those plastic clip on things that you slide the paper into? Something like that. It doesn't matter to me at all.

    Let's add it to the list for future events. Should we bring some to the Lions Club? I would say no, just due to the nature of the event.

  14. #14
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    6,446

    Post imported post

    SQLtables wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    My concern was that some people like to keep a low profile and wish to remain nameless. Also at the time of the Warren picnic there was a large police presence and I didn't want to have to refuse to give ID if asked by the PD then have it on my name tag. Saying that, it will be voluntary to put on a name tag so those that don't want to don't have to. Go for it.
    I thought about this, and decided that the solution is really to not put on a name tag. It's up to each individual whether they want to be known or not, just like you said.


    Yes, I figured we could just use the "my name is" tags, but I was just saying that Christy volunteered to do something else if we wanted to be more fancy. Ya know those plastic clip on things that you slide the paper into? Something like that. It doesn't matter to me at all.

    Let's add it to the list for future events. Should we bring some to the Lions Club? I would say no, just due to the nature of the event.
    You could bring them and let each person decide if they want to wear it.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    Venator wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    My concern was that some people like to keep a low profile and wish to remain nameless. Also at the time of the Warren picnic there was a large police presence and I didn't want to have to refuse to give ID if asked by the PD then have it on my name tag. Saying that, it will be voluntary to put on a name tag so those that don't want to don't have to. Go for it.
    I thought about this, and decided that the solution is really to not put on a name tag. It's up to each individual whether they want to be known or not, just like you said.


    Yes, I figured we could just use the "my name is" tags, but I was just saying that Christy volunteered to do something else if we wanted to be more fancy. Ya know those plastic clip on things that you slide the paper into? Something like that. It doesn't matter to me at all.

    Let's add it to the list for future events. Should we bring some to the Lions Club? I would say no, just due to the nature of the event.
    You could bring them and let each person decide if they want to wear it.
    Why not? Good idea.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Flint, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    110

    Post imported post

    Cant we just get some of those paper patches that say "Hello may name is"??? Either that or we all go out and get some tattoos . Im past due for another one anyway.

    I can't wait until ruger45 reads this one! That will be his next tattoo!! I guess from now on he'll just have to wear a sleeveless shirt so ya'll can see his tattoo with our names & wedding date on it. And I'll have to stand by him. Maybe he can add an arrow pointing to me by my name?? :P

    I had thought the plastic pin on name tags were a good idea, too,sort of. It would be cool to put the logo on them that is on the back of theshirts. But then that does really make us seem an organized group. Almost a no win situation, eh?


  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    Maybe I'm missing something, but what's so bad about being an "organized" group? I mean, that church group in Lapeer was an organized group right? "Organized" does not necessarily mean we are demonstrating, rallying, or anything else besides hanging out in an "organized" manner.

    I don't know, maybe there's something I'm not seeing here.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Burton, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    241

    Post imported post

    haha i already got my name tag c overed.and mine dont wash off:celebratei love them two guys.but yes agood idea.even at our church we wear name tags if you choose.

  19. #19
    Regular Member WARCHILD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Corunna, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,772

    Post imported post

    I spoke with Venator prior to the Warren picnic about this very subject.

    Great minds think alike. I talked to him also the samedayand he mentioned you beat me to the idea. I agree with both sides of the issue (sittin' on the fence), have the tags available and let them that want use them. (I hope you all do, I'm lousy with names)

    OT: what thread was the dog tag issue in? (I can't find it)

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    The charity event thread

  21. #21
    Regular Member WARCHILD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Corunna, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,772

    Post imported post

    Thank you sir.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    S E Michgan all mine, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    800

    Post imported post

    sure I will be sorry for saying this remember JOE there was [GI , CAMEL , BLOW ,the MAN ,ECT ] now the the sorry part [ JEST the FACTS JACK] jack webb [DRAGNET]

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    S E Michgan all mine, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    800

    Post imported post


  24. #24
    Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Troy, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,321

    Post imported post

    i'm all for voluntary name tags
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

  25. #25
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    6,446

    Post imported post

    smellslikemichigan wrote:
    i'm all for voluntary name tags
    Did you voluntarily say that or were you coerced?
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •