Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crack heads

Post imported post

As some of you may have read my post about, I was at a gas station at 330 in the morning and I saw a guy I believe was probably a crack head screaming at a clerk for not selling him booze since he had no ID. He was irate, not noticeably afraid of my gun on my hip, and he had a stance like he wanted to beat this lady down.

Having a gun on my hip which I didn't want to have to graple over, and having an injured leg, I figured if he started a fist fight and wouldn't stop after I drew down on him, I'd just have to shoot him. Besides, someone who abuses illegal substances probably would be willing to carry weapons. Fortunately he seemed to calm down after his shemale girl friend went to get "her" ID, and nothing besides him being loud, obnoxious and jaw twitchy happened.

I've heard it said that people on crack can have a lot of strength, they have no sense of what is in their best interests, and they are very cranky. What I would like to know, especially from those of you with first hand experience in dealing with people on crack, is how dangerous are they? If you punch a crack head in the face real hard, will it lay them out, or will they be too high to care?

I hope I never get put into a position where I actually have to fight a crackhead, but in case it happens, I'd like a plan for when I need to escalate to different levels of force.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

First, let me say this. I would be VERY careful escalating any situation to the point of drawing down on someone. Depending on your state of residence, it may not be legal to draw in defense of a third party, or to not retreat. please be very aware of local laws regarding situations like this before making any decision. with that being said:

Crack Cocaine affects the body in several ways. it causes certain chemicals to "dump" which is the reason for the high in the first place. Physicaly, the drug causes the heart to race, and blood pressure to rise, which causes adrenaline to surge. this is the reason for reports of increased strength and reduced perception of pain.

it is quite possible for a crack head to be shot and not even feel it.

If you are ever in the situation where you ever have to use your gun in self defense against someone high on crack, the best way I can tell you is to employ "zombie" rules. that is if you are going to shoot them make damn sure that you hit center mass, or a clean head shot. otherwise you may wind up losing your own life.

Post imported post

Closely related to the crack heads are the meth. addicts who can look very similar. Meth addicts often have open skin lesions, while crack smokers have burns on their lips and hands. Meth. and Crack both contain chemicals that cause their users to be very 'itchy' and irritable, also desensitized to pain. They can also 'black out', and be absolutely irrational and impossible to reason with. All in all, they aren't to betrifled with and trying to beat down one of these addicts is generally not a good idea. You eitherTaze them or shoot them!

Post imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
    First, let me say this. I would be VERY careful escalating any situation to the point of drawing down on someone.
    It is always my goal to de escalate a situation. If I ever drew a gun on someone, it would be because lives are in danger.

Anyway, thanks for the info guys. Not a hand to hand situation!
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I would say that drunks aren't far behind the dope heads in regards to "feeling no pain" although they probably move slower and more awkwardly. I do know that most drunks can be knocked out.

I'll take the info on the dopers, from the others, under advisement. Thanks.

Post imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
    Itis quite possible for a crack head to be shot and not even feel it.

If you are ever in the situation where you ever have to use your gun in self defense against someone high on crack, the best way I can tell you is to employ "zombie" rules. that is if you are going to shoot them make damn sure that you hit center mass, or a clean head shot. otherwise you may wind up losing your own life.
    Or anyone amped up on whatever substance or just adrenaline. But nowadays I worry more about tweakers (meth addicts) more than crackheads. Crack is still a problem, but meth has blown by cocaine products in widespread use. Even crack, which was the cheapest high one could get for a long time, can be more expensive than meth. And speed is more addictive. And I'veseen that if a crackhead is deprived of their DOC, they don't go beserk like a tweaker will. In addition, a crack addict on a binge is still an unpredictable creature, but a tweaker on a meth binge is completely unhinged.

In any case, I'll always employ "zombie" rules. The Mozambique is the most effective in stopping a threat, whatever the BG's reaction to initially being shot.

Post imported post

AnaxImperator wrote:
    Or anyone amped up on whatever substance or just adrenaline. But nowadays I worry more about tweakers (meth addicts) more than crackheads. Crack is still a problem, but meth has blown by cocaine products in widespread use. Even crack, which was the cheapest high one could get for a long time, can be more expensive than meth. And speed is more addictive. And I'veseen that if a crackhead is deprived of their DOC, they don't go beserk like a tweaker will. In addition, a crack addict on a binge is still an unpredictable creature, but a tweaker on a meth binge is completely unhinged.

In any case, I'll always employ "zombie" rules. The Mozambique is the most effective in stopping a threat, whatever the BG's reaction to initially being shot.
    +1

Meth (crank, speed, whatever) is by far the drug of choice now when it comes to an "upper" drug. I believe it's even cheaper than crack, and the high can last for days (depending on the quality of drug.)

Meth-heads are much more dangerous than crackheads, IMO.

Post imported post

here is a local crack head. we had to watch and discuss this in our CCW course: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc-4fxgZ8-0

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

What 100% certified low-life trash. I'm sure tough-guy big-mouthdoesn't havea very long life expectancy...and good riddance when it happens.

Thanks for posting another very good reason to carry (any way you can)...AND a reasonUSE it because the bum's next move would probably be assault with the intent to do serious bodily harm....or worse.

And at the very end of the video, what was he going to do to that blue car? Looked like he was going togo at it with a stick.

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

I've seen firsthand how terrible meth is. Meth mouth, with open cankers and rotted teeth, blisters on the skin, and a cat scan of a meth addicts brain has dark spots where your brain is literally being decayed.

It is cheap, easy to make, and easy to move (trunk labs).

Most meth users have no control over their emotions anymore and they almost always go to hostility immediatly. People get very angry over nothing at all when on it.

Post imported post

I know a guy who used meth extensively in the 60's, and he's fine. He says that back then scientist's made it, rather than hill billies and gang bangers in half assed labs, so it wasn't nearly as damaging.

Post imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
    What 100% certified low-life trash. I'm sure tough-guy big-mouthdoesn't havea very long life expectancy...and good riddance when it happens.

Thanks for posting another very good reason to carry (any way you can)...AND a reasonUSE it because the bum's next move would probably be assault with the intent to do serious bodily harm....or worse.

And at the very end of the video, what was he going to do to that blue car? Looked like he was going togo at it with a stick.

-- John D.

I believe it's a crowbar.

Full vid here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4EfG...eature=related

Post imported post

Wow, that driver had more restraint than I would have. I'd have run his ass over.

Banned

Post imported post

i've had several problems with tweekers, and the "police" would do nothing.

i didn't have to do anything, but you can bet your sweet ass i was packing the entire time.

Post imported post

The guy was an alcoholic not a crack head.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Sig229 wrote:
    Who? The video guy or the guy I saw?

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    Sig229 wrote:
    Who? The video guy or the guy I saw?
    Im sorry, the guy you encountered.

If he were a crack head he would probably be wanting the clerk to give him the money out of the register, but the booze.

Post imported post

I doubt he was drunk. He seemed coordinated, and really hiper. It's also possible he wanted cigs, I don't know, I just know it was either cigs or booze because the clerk wanted his ID. I've seen a lot of drunks, and he didn't seem drunk. Maybe some other drug than crack, but I doubt he was boozed up.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    I doubt he was drunk. He seemed coordinated, and really hiper. It's also possible he wanted cigs, I don't know, I just know it was either cigs or booze because the clerk wanted his ID. I've seen a lot of drunks, and he didn't seem drunk. Maybe some other drug than crack, but I doubt he was boozed up.
    Thats my point. He didnt have booze, thats why he was so intent on getting it.

Usually drunks wont go out to get more until they are out.

But either way, Im glad your okay

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    unreconstructed1 wrote:
    First, let me say this. I would be VERY careful escalating any situation to the point of drawing down on someone.
    It is always my goal to de escalate a situation. If I ever drew a gun on someone, it would be because lives are in danger.

Art 26 Arizona Constitution: The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves or the state shall not be impaired.

It's my understanding that 'the state'... means everybody inclusive within the state.

I reckon stopping somebody in commission of crime of violence by bustin' a cap on 'em is a legitimate reason. People who are 'high' are not reasonable, nor are they intimidated by normal perceptions of "I'm gonna get shot if I do this..." Some won't/don't care. If you're gonna draw it... 'figure on pullin' the bang switch if the perp dont back off. There's crazy people out there... One more reason to 'carry'.

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    Michigander wrote:
    unreconstructed1 wrote:

Art 26 Arizona Constitution: The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves or the state shall not be impaired.

It's my understanding that 'the state'... means everybody inclusive within the state.

I reckon stopping somebody in commission of crime of violence by bustin' a cap on 'em is a legitimate reason. People who are 'high' are not reasonable, nor are they intimidated by normal perceptions of "I'm gonna get shot if I do this..." Some won't/don't care. If you're gonna draw it... 'figure on pullin' the bang switch if the perp dont back off. There's crazy people out there... One more reason to 'carry'.
    Yes, but from what I have learned theres a difference between written law and what a judge will decide.
    I know, I dont like it either.

I think the key to all of this is if the perp demonstrates a threat of severe bodily harm to you or someone else.

Post imported post

This bein' Arizona... with it's history 'n all... I don't see the county PA havin' any heartburn. Sheriff don't.

Post imported post

If lives are at stake, I'll pull the trigger, regardless of laws. It is vastly better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    If lives are at stake, I'll pull the trigger, regardless of laws. It is vastly better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
    If lives are at stake you dont have to worry about any laws already.

My point was, if your going to pull out for firearm and use it on someone, it better be for more than just a disagreement or even a light scuffle.

Post imported post

Sig229 wrote:
    My point was, if your going to pull out for firearm and use it on someone, it better be for more than just a disagreement or even a light scuffle.
    Absolutely, we are in agreement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast