• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Crack heads

Sig229

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Michigander wrote:
unreconstructed1 wrote:
First, let me say this. I would be VERY careful escalating any situation to the point of drawing down on someone.
It is always my goal to de escalate a situation. If I ever drew a gun on someone, it would be because lives are in danger.

Anyway, thanks for the info guys. Not a hand to hand situation!

Art 26 Arizona Constitution: The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves or the state shall not be impaired.

It's my understanding that 'the state'... means everybody inclusive within the state.

I reckon stopping somebody in commission of crime of violence by bustin' a cap on 'em is a legitimate reason. People who are 'high' are not reasonable, nor are they intimidated by normal perceptions of "I'm gonna get shot if I do this..." Some won't/don't care. If you're gonna draw it... 'figure on pullin' the bang switch if the perp dont back off. There's crazy people out there... One more reason to 'carry'.
Yes, but from what I have learned theres a difference between written law and what a judge will decide.
I know, I dont like it either.

I think the key to all of this is if the perp demonstrates a threat of severe bodily harm to you or someone else.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

This bein' Arizona... with it's history 'n all... I don't see the county PA havin' any heartburn. Sheriff don't.

Michigander

imported post

If lives are at stake, I'll pull the trigger, regardless of laws. It is vastly better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Sig229

imported post

Michigander wrote:
If lives are at stake, I'll pull the trigger, regardless of laws. It is vastly better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

If lives are at stake you dont have to worry about any laws already.

My point was, if your going to pull out for firearm and use it on someone, it better be for more than just a disagreement or even a light scuffle.

Michigander

imported post

Sig229 wrote:
My point was, if your going to pull out for firearm and use it on someone, it better be for more than just a disagreement or even a light scuffle.

Absolutely, we are in agreement.

AnaxImperator

imported post

Sig229 wrote:
Michigander wrote:

If lives are at stake you dont have to worry about any laws already.

IIRC, there are some States where it is legal to use deadly-force in defense of one's own property? I don'tknow ifsuch laws wouldcover defending a neighbor or store-owner's property, though.

frommycolddeadhands

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
here is a local crack head. we had to watch and discuss this in our CCW course: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc-4fxgZ8-0
Wow. Part 2 of that vid was absolute insanity. He broke the back window of that PT cruiser. Nice maneuvering by the driver, but if that was me behind the wheel I think that fellah would have become a hood ornament. The way that car was boxed in I was suprised they didn't jump the sidewalk to get away. Hope that maniac got taken off the street somehow.

AnaxImperator

imported post

frommycolddeadhands wrote:
yeahYeah wrote:
here is a local crack head. we had to watch and discuss this in our CCW course: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc-4fxgZ8-0
Wow. Part 2 of that vid was absolute insanity. He broke the back window of that PT cruiser. Nice maneuvering by the driver, but if that was me behind the wheel I think that fellah would have become a hood ornament. The way that car was boxed in I was suprised they didn't jump the sidewalk to get away. Hope that maniac got taken off the street somehow.
What bothers me even more is that the cars in front of the PT Cruiser HAD to have noticed the insanity happening in their rearviews.... If I had been in front, I would've moved out, regardless of traffic/traffic lights, so the PT could've made a getaway. Then again, come to think of it.....rather than that, I'd've just gotten out and shooed the crackhead off with Mr. 9mm. :p

Alexcabbie

imported post

In both the convenience store and the parking lot situations were I a mere bystander I would just whip out my trusty ol'......

CELL PHONE and call the constabulary. That's what I pay them for. Of course if the pain-in-the-butt loud obnoxious mook seemed to be threatening innocent life or limb, especially mine, I would use necessary force up to and including lethal force to end the threat.

I always carry cap-stun (pepper spray) in addition to my firearm or when I am not otherwise armed (such as when I am driving the cab since I have to go in and out of D.C. and would be a felon if caught with a firearm there). About seven years ago some crackhead was raising hell outside my building and when I stepped out to go to the corner store he homed in on me and got right in my face. After a second it became apparent that the guy was probably going to assault me, so he got a faceful.

Yeah, he continued to fight but it was with his eyes shut and himbacking up to me trying to hit me with a piece of rebar he had picked up. We kept up this ridiculous dance until the cops rolled up. He got 30 days with credit for the time he was locked up (27 days) and an order to not come onto the grounds again.