• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I went to the movies today. PROVO

brokenarrows

imported post

I went and say Babylon AD. I enjoyed the movie. I am an action junkie. The plot was kind of flat.

I enjoyed a diet coke and ate a bag of popcorn. Spilled it on my front.

Walked in, selected a seat. Walked passed three persons getting down the row to my selected seat.

NOT ONE PERSON SAID A THING.
:banghead:

Do I have to paint my GLOCK pink to get noticed or what?

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I really think a lot of people to not notice a gun on the hip. I was a a range one day and the guy working there on a thigh rig and I did not notice it for the first 5 min or so:banghead:. I know these guys carry guns so I thought it would be on his hip and did not look on his leg.

it was funny today I was a blockbuster and a family was next in line behind me, and really kept their distance until I was done. I figure it was because the noticed my gun but I am not sure.

Francis Marion

imported post

brokenarrows wrote:
I went and say Babylon AD. I enjoyed the movie. I am an action junkie. The plot was kind of flat.

I enjoyed a diet coke and ate a bag of popcorn. Spilled it on my front.

Walked in, selected a seat. Walked passed three persons getting down the row to my selected seat.

I don't think the color would make much difference; apparently nobody takes a BLOCK seriously. :p

mazellan819

imported post

brokenarrows wrote:
I went and say Babylon AD.  I enjoyed the movie.  I am an action junkie.  The plot was kind of flat. 

I enjoyed a diet coke and ate a bag of popcorn.  Spilled it on my front.

Walked in, selected a seat.  Walked passed three persons getting down the row to my selected seat.

Maybe if you duct taped it to your forehead someone would notice! :banghead:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

brokenarrows wrote:
SNIP I went...movie.Do I have to paint my GLOCK pink to get noticed or what?
Movie theaters are kinda dark or dimly lit.

Spend more OC time in grocery stores, convenience stores, and places where you can interact with people.

I've had great success frequenting the same places. The staff and regulars get to know you. Like one of the other members,when Ionce CC'd,a cashier playfully askedwhy I didn't have my gun!You know you'vemadea positive impression when you get asked that question.

Fast food restaurant counters are great. Also, the cashier line at convenience stores. People have time to look around while waiting for their orders.I've had quite a fewpositive encounters in these environments.

xmirage2kx

imported post

brokenarrows wrote:
If you are Trying to get noticed (IMHO not the best idea) then just strap an AR15 on your back and walk around a bank or U of U. Maybe they did notice and just didn't care; believe it or not many people just could care less. I have seen a few people OC-ing and for one reason or another never said anything. I usually strike up a conversation just tolet them know it’s a normal thing and I am glad they are doing it.

Sadly there is a large percent of people who wouldn't notice if you were driving a tankaround.

brokenarrows

imported post

Im sorry. I was making fun of a certain person.

I did go to the movie, eat popcorn and drink a coke. Glock was strapped to my ankle.
I think I should put on my shoulder holster, some camo makeup, my LBE with no shirt so I look truly baddass and order a pizza right away to make up for it.:cuss:

pitythefools

imported post

brokenarrows wrote:
Im sorry. I was making fun of a certain person.

I did go to the movie, eat popcorn and drink a coke. Glock was strapped to my ankle.
I think I should put on my shoulder holster, some camo makeup, my LBE with no shirt so I look truly baddass and order a pizza right away to make up for it.:cuss:

why would you make fun of us OCers?

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

brokenarrows

imported post

ainokea wrote:
trevorthebusdriver wrote:
brokenarrows wrote:

You need one of these.

http://www.the-m-factor.com/home.html
As a GLOCK lover, even I have to admit that is one sweet gun with the Match Grade Barrel and other goodies.
why? I have multiple GLOCKS that are paid for. They have an outstanding reputation and are what I train with. I have not been let down by them yet.

I guess always looking for improvements is similar purchasing your wife some breasts. In the long run someone else will enjoy them more that you.

ainokea

imported post

brokenarrows wrote:
ainokea wrote:
trevorthebusdriver wrote:
brokenarrows wrote:

You need one of these.

http://www.the-m-factor.com/home.html
As a GLOCK lover, even I have to admit that is one sweet gun with the Match Grade Barrel and other goodies.
why? I have multiple GLOCKS that are paid for. They have an outstanding reputation and are what I train with. I have not been let down by them yet.

I guess always looking for improvements is similar purchasing your wife some breasts. In the long run someone else will enjoy them more that you.

I also have multiple Glocks that are paid for but it is still a sweet gun.

PS - Thank you so much for your wifes new breasts, I really enjoy them!!:celebrate

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Why the negative view of people wanting to be noticed?

Of course we want to be noticed! One of our goals is tolet people see for themselves that a holstered pistol carried by a law-abiding citizen is not dangerous. Another isreminding people they too have a basic human right to self-defense.

Every time someone accuses us of wanting attention, it needs to be slapped down hard.

Ofcourse I want attention. I want people to notice. I want people to ask me about it.It gives me the opportunity to promote self-defense and firearms.

althor

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Why the negative view of people wanting to be noticed?

Of course we want to be noticed! One of our goals is tolet people see for themselves that a holstered pistol carried by a law-abiding citizen is not dangerous. Another isreminding people they too have a basic human right to self-defense.

Every time someone accuses us of wanting attention, it needs to be slapped down hard.

Ofcourse I want attention. I want people to notice. I want people to ask me about it.It gives me the opportunity to promote self-defense and firearms.
Maybe wanting to be noticed is the wrong thing to say. I'm sure that many people notice but just don't care or already know its legal. I wouldn't acknowledge a person for simply OCing.

I think that the negative view is more for those who seem to want the confrontation rather than to simply be noticed.

ainokea

imported post

Citizen wrote:

So are you for the attention or should we slap down the people who say you want attention? It doesn't make sense to me. IMO - The main reason tocarry is for personal protection not to go looking for a confrontation in other words "attention".

To me thosewho carry looking for attention are no different then wannabe cops! Citizenon patrol!:uhoh:

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Isn't dropping the F-Bomb and instigating personal attacks against the forum code of conduct? Where are the moderators?

Kevin