• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NH Reciprocity

nova

imported post

Hello all. I am a virginia resident, age 19. I am waiting for my Maine non-res permit to arrive in the mail, and after it comes, I'm going to get my NH non-res permit. NH and PA have reciprocity, so I'm planning on using my NH permit to carry during the times I'm in PA every year. I've been searching for awhile now though the PA Uniform Firearms Act but couldn't find anything. What I'm looking for is if PA has a similar law as VA, in that the reciprocity only applies to permit holders 21+.

If anyone can confirm that PA doesn't have such a requirement, it would be greatly appreciated!:cool:

nova

imported post

I know...its hard to cite an answerif the citation doesn't exist... :lol:

CowboyKen

imported post

IANAL and if you need real legal advice you should pay for it. There are a number of folks on this site that seem to make a habit of getting arrested for open carrying and then suing the local authorities for doing that and they should know at least one good lawyer who could help you with this (I am very surprised that none of these crusaders has stepped up to help you).

Based on the info I found on the PA Attorney General's web site, if you legitimately have a NH permit PA should recognize it and you should be good to go.

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Crime/Signed%20NH%20Agreement.pdf

Will New Hampshire issue a permit to someone under the age of 21? If so, go for it.

Ken

nova

imported post

CowboyKen wrote:

Will New Hampshire issue a permit to someone under the age of 21? If so, go for it.

Ken
Yes. All that is needed to get a NH non-res permit is to be at least 18 and have an existing valid permit from either your home state or any other state. I should have my ME non-res permit in a few weeks so I'll use that one to get my NH permit with.

nova

mjf

imported post

nova wrote:
mjf wrote:
Thanks for the link! It looks like it is legal, though if an officer somehow finds out then there could be an issue made of it. I'm really just wanting to do this so I can have a gun with me in the car and when going out to dinner with family, sometimes in downtown pgh.
A gun is better on your person than left in the car. :D

nova

imported post

mjf wrote:
nova wrote:
mjf wrote:
Thanks for the link! It looks like it is legal, though if an officer somehow finds out then there could be an issue made of it. I'm really just wanting to do this so I can have a gun with me in the car and when going out to dinner with family, sometimes in downtown pgh.
A gun is better on your person than left in the car. :D
I worded that poorly...I meant to say I'm really just wanting to do this so I can have a gun with me in the car and when going out to dinner with family, and at all othertimes :)