• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Okay, it is September, now what about OC in California???

gravedigger

imported post

Okay, we were asked by some people on this board to not OC in California through the end of August because of some hush-hush stuff going on behind the scenes that was supposed to help us in the long run.
I want to open carry! I want to CONCEALED CARRY! :cuss:

So now it is September, and I want to know what progress has been made on this? "Bobbarker" was arrested and hauled off by the corrupt San Diego Sheriff's deputies. His life was interrupted, he was jailed and relieved of $1,000.00 bail, and I don't think he has his gun back YET. Since the D.A. (I have a different definition for that acronym, would anyone care to guess what it is?) didn't file charges, the Sheriff's deputies presumably can drag other LEGAL OC citizens through the same B.S. for LEGALLY OC without fear of repercussions. Either it is LEGAL or it is NOT LEGAL. If it IS legal, someone has to get in the face of the Sheriff and let him know in no uncertain terms that a FALSE ARREST will bring LIVING HELL down upon the city, the county and the state in lawsuits and negative publicity and every other LEGAL means of b***h slapping them for their abuse of authority under color of the badge!

Now the Oceanside police dept. chief has decided to press charges against bobbarker when he was not breaking ANY laws and OPD KNOWS THIS. So now he will be raked over the coals AGAIN, just so the chief can get a woody! DAMN IT, I want the issue brought to the forefront! I want it SETTLED! If I am not breaking the law, I want the cops to be scared ****less to falsely arrrest me for doing something they KNOW I am perfectly within my rights to do.

I am never "politically correct" and I surely am not one to walk on eggshells so as not to upset the status quo. If the cops are allowed to continue forcing honest citizens to go through the arrest, confiscation, jail, bail, hearing date, ... "oh, never mind" scenario on an individual case-by-case basis without fear of serious legal repercussions and lawsuits, they can just keep falsely arresting people over and over again while simply relying on the fact that most people are not willing to have the sort of disruption into their lives that bobbarker experienced, and may experience AGAIN.

It is time to call in the calvary. It is time to draw attention to this insideous practice by deputies and officers, and wake the public up to the fact that the cops are NOT allowed to make up the rules willy-nilly. Unloaded open carry IS legal in San Diego county, and it is time the cops were reminded that they work for us, not the other way around.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Wait, what's this about new charges? I thought the DA dropped charges? I'll admit I'm not certain, but I thought the DA was the only one that could bring charges...

Anyhow, I agree. We need to get aggressive. I can't elaborate what is in store for Turlock PD, but we have a strategy worked out. It will take some time to see through, and some effort, and cost some money. However, with my situation there's a decent chance that Turlock PD will endure some consequences. If they learn not to treat the public like peasants, then it will be worth the investment. As you may suspect, I can't share details...

ETA: On a related note, I would like to say that audio recorders are worth their weight in gold. Keep yours on you, and running at all times (you don't want to have to reach into your pocket if your friendly neighborhood LEO is angrily pointing a pistol at you). Another tip: once you have your audio, make a couple copies and store them in secure locations - burn it to discs and store them off site... just in case.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

gravedigger wrote:
Okay, we were asked by some people on this board to not OC in California through the end of August because of some hush-hush stuff going on behind the scenes that was supposed to help us in the long run.

There wasn't anything hush-hush going on behind the scenes. The September 1 date was just to avoid "emergency" legislation, specifically, the risk ofSB1171 morphing into a broader definition of loaded.

I'll quote myself from this thread over on Caluns:

The current legislative session has ended. There is now no risk that any UOC could result in new/modified legislation in the near term. In the long term, there is little risk as an incorporation suit will probably be decided before that could happen (in the next legislative session).

So, UOC is now not a risk to others in the gun community.

However, if one chooses to UOC, they still do so with potential risk to themselves, of false arrest (same as always). And the CGF nor anyone else will help them. IMO that should have been the norm in the first place. Never rely on anyone else for financial or other support. That is foolish and selfish. Be prepared to fight your own battles, and pay for it out of your own pocket. If you can't do that, then don't OC. If you are prepared for that, then IMO go ahead.
As for bobarker's plight, Decoligny has already posted a link.

MrSigmaDot40

imported post

I feel the OP's ":cuss:". I'm ready to OC but after talking to some LEO's I see it's going to be even harder then I already thought. One this weekend, he was nice buttold me straight up:

"Oh it may be your right but I'm going to think your 5150 for carrying a gun in a holsterand so is the Judge. So He might have you evaluated and have your Gun Rights taken away"

He then proceeded to tell me about how the 2A was just meant for Militia's and that when they wrote the 2A they didn't have handguns and High powered riffles back then:banghead::banghead:.Idiots, just pure Idiots are walking are streets dressed as Police Officers.

Hiredgun30

imported post

sorry u guys have to go thru this...

Idaho...... is just 15 hour or less drive for most of you..

Preemption laws
open carry (no licence required) both in vehicle and on person
concealed carry (shall issue)
castle doctrine
emergency powers act
civil immunity for justified self defense
no gun waiting period if you have a cwl.
hi cap mags allowed
silencers allowed
class 3 allowed
AOW allowed.

demnogis

imported post

Most those rookies on the streets forget that they are not the judge, jury and executioner. It is not their job to interpret the law nor enforce it to their whims - but to protect and serve the people with their best interest in mind. Quite frankly their "beliefs" have no place in enforcement of the law. Not only are they to enforce the laws of our land, but abide by them as well.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:

Idaho......       is just 15 hour or less drive for most of you..

Preemption laws
castle doctrine
emergency powers act
hi cap mags allowed
silencers allowed
class 3 allowed
AOW allowed.

That's great. I live in Virginia (which has similar laws) the rest of the year.

Idaho may have better gun laws (for now), but I prefer California in basically every other way. To be honest, I don't even like Idaho. I'd much rather stay in California while we work to get our rights back then turn tail and flee to some state without half the things California has to offer. If I was going to do that, I'd move back to Virginia full-time, which also happens to be way nicer than Idaho.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

A bit off topic, but...

I rather like Idaho. Lived up in Cascade for 6 months before moving back to CA, and have visited a couple times. It's beautiful up there, and the air is wonderful to breath. Also a hell of a lot cheaper than CA.

In fact, the only things I can think of that I like better about CA is the lower per capita white supremecist population, and CA's tendancy toward protecting the use of medicinal marijuana (still need a lot of work in that area, but to my knowledge it's better here than in ID). If the Free State Project was in ID, I would definitely be moving there ASAP.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

MrSigmaDot40 wrote:
I feel the OP's ":cuss:". I'm ready to OC but after talking to some LEO's I see it's going to be even harder then I already thought. One this weekend, he was nice buttold me straight up:

"Oh it may be your right but I'm going to think your 5150 for carrying a gun in a holsterand so is the Judge. So He might have you evaluated and have your Gun Rights taken away"

He then proceeded to tell me about how the 2A was just meant for Militia's and that when they wrote the 2A they didn't have handguns and High powered riffles back then:banghead::banghead:.Idiots, just pure Idiots are walking are streets dressed as Police Officers.

I would love to see them try and declare a legal OC'er 5150 and remove their gun rights! That would be a priceless case!

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

MrSigmaDot40 wrote:

The sheer ignorance and absurdity of this LEO's statements are amazing. First, the judge (assuming the DA didn't throw it out) would probably be angry with the LEO for the bogus 5150. Second, the Supreme Court just ruled that the 2A is an individual right. Does this cop live in a hole under a rock? Sounds like a cop that needs to be sued into reality.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

MrSigmaDot40 wrote:

If I were told this, I would contact the officer's superiors, and explain to them that their officer said he'd arrest you even though he knew you were not breaking any laws. Further I'd inform them that they'd better traintheir officers better both about the law and how to professionally interact with the public.

Hiredgun30

imported post

hey marshal.. this is why i like idaho.. i use to live in san diego,
and was born in chula vista.. i dont have to purchase any special permit or hope i dont get pulled over on the drive to the sawtooths..

if anyone is wanting to move to idaho and needs any info, just let me know.

best of all , there are no check points leaving idaho to try one last effort to
nickel and dime ya.

i would be willing to bet my years salary that there are more white racists in
pelican bay, cororan, and folsum then in the whole state of idaho..

there are more norteno and sureno gang members in idaho then there are skinheads.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:

Idaho...... is just 15 hour or less drive for most of you..

Preemption laws
castle doctrine
emergency powers act
hi cap mags allowed
silencers allowed
class 3 allowed
AOW allowed.

Are you suggesting that I abandon the land of my birth and my bretherento seek out easy liberty because the fight for freedom here is too hard?

I believe that the front lines of liberty are NOT in Idaho, Virginia, and New Hampshire. They arein places likeNew York, Florida, and California where we need soldiers to stand watch over the usurpation of power over the people. I believe retreating to 'free states' is allowing the opposition to broaden their control over population centers while driving freedom loving people into cloistered enclaves where they can do little harm.

The most ardent activists should be in Brady Campaign states, raising the consciousness of those who are being disarmed, winning over converts from the gun free zones, and evangelizing with the gospel of armed self-defense.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Hey now C3... we've had this discussion before...

There are lots of battles for liberty activists to fight in the 'more free' states like NH and ID. Sure, CA activists have more battles to fight, but NH and ID have plenty of problems that need fixin'. There are no free states; haven't been in a long time.

I appreciate your passion to fix CA. I do not appreciate your insinuation that my desire to fix a different state is cowardly. I'll respect your choice to fight this lost cause if you respect my decision to fight a battle I think can be won.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
I do not appreciate your insinuation that my desire to fix a different state is cowardly.

I do not believe any of your conduct or beliefs are cowardly. On the contrary, you are one of the most intrepid individuals I know. I also do not think it is cowardace to want to go where there are more freedoms-

However, I bristle at the suggestion that the only way I can be free, is to move to another state. This form of retreatdoesnt suggest fear orcowardace but withdrawl, or avoidance of certain conflict. A conflict you havecharcterized asa lost cause. Am I stupid for tilting at windmills? No- in the same way you are not a coward for pursuing your ideals, I am not an idiot for following mine.

We seem to agree on our roles, but we would not be happy exchanging them.