• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

places to shoot

icode

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
icode wrote:
irish wrote:
If you take Blue Diamond west towards Pahrump there's a good spot on the right called Lovell Canyon. After the downhill twisties past the bar there's a sign on the right. Follow that dirt road for about 10 minutes and there's a nice canyon where people do alot of shooting. From I-15 it's probably about 30 minutes.

Safe shooting! http://www.keepandbeararms.com
I would think that it is cooler there???
i know where he is talking about. it is much cooler, but a decent drive from you and me.
Yes, but I'm thinking about for camping. Can't imagine a better time for my boys than camping and shooting :celebrate

irish

imported post

icode wrote:
yeahYeah wrote:
icode wrote:
irish wrote:
If you take Blue Diamond west towards Pahrump there's a good spot on the right called Lovell Canyon. After the downhill twisties past the bar there's a sign on the right. Follow that dirt road for about 10 minutes and there's a nice canyon where people do alot of shooting. From I-15 it's probably about 30 minutes.

i know where he is talking about. it is much cooler, but a decent drive from you and me.
Yes, but I'm thinking about for camping. Can't imagine a better time for my boys than camping and shooting :celebrate
Never camped there myself but there's plenty of open space there. I think on average it's probably about 10 - 15 degrees cooler there than in Vegas so it is nice to get out of the heat and do some shooting without sweating your tail off. Best of luck! www.keepandbeararms.com

icode

imported post

irish wrote:
icode wrote:
yeahYeah wrote:
icode wrote:
irish wrote:

Never camped there myself but there's plenty of open space there. I think on average it's probably about 10 - 15 degrees cooler there than in Vegas so it is nice to get out of the heat and do some shooting without sweating your tail off. Best of luck! http://www.keepandbeararms.com
That much cooler!?!?!?! Sweet, since I grew up (not born) in Pahrump I can probably find my way:lol:Are you sure that it is legal to shoot there? It's not in a National Forest or anything silly like that?

irish

imported post

Honestly, I don't know if it's legal. However, everytime I go there I see several other people shooting and I have had no problems at anytime. I do not think that there's a problem with it but I can't tell you definitively that it isn't against the law. Not sure if that helps but I will continue to shoot there for as long as I'm able until someone tells me otherwise.

www.keepandbeararms.com

irish

imported post

Also, there's about 9 million expended shells and brass laying everywhere which is a pretty good sign to me that it's used very frequently and without any major hassles.

icode

imported post

irish wrote:
Also, there's about 9 million expended shells and brass laying everywhere which is a pretty good sign to me that it's used very frequently and without any major hassles.
I'm not sure that will hold up to well in court :shock:but... I'm sure that I'll be out there trying to find it real soon.

jdizon

imported post

I wonder if you might look into a place called Club Frozen75, which is actually in Henderson, Nevada, about a 15-20 minute drive from the Strip. It's open to those 14 and up, and runs every Friday and Saturday night from 8pm to 11:15pm. I'm not sure whether they'd be amenable to hosting a Sweet Sixteen party, but it's certainly worth asking. They're already totally set up to host teenagers, and your friend's daughter will get that "club" feel without actually being in a club.

Another place you might try is Jillian's on Fremont Street, which offers bowling, billiards, and arcade games. They host parties regularly -- including teen parties -- and have special packages you can book, which include food, soda, and cake.

http://www.explorenevadatours.com/laughlin.php

Gordie

imported post

jdizon wrote:
I wonder if you might look into a place called Club Frozen75, which is actually in Henderson, Nevada, about a 15-20 minute drive from the Strip. It's open to those 14 and up, and runs every Friday and Saturday night from 8pm to 11:15pm. I'm not sure whether they'd be amenable to hosting a Sweet Sixteen party, but it's certainly worth asking. They're already totally set up to host teenagers, and your friend's daughter will get that "club" feel without actually being in a club.

Another place you might try is Jillian's on Fremont Street, which offers bowling, billiards, and arcade games. They host parties regularly -- including teen parties -- and have special packages you can book, which include food, soda, and cake.

I'm not sure if that is the kind of place for a shooting trip though.:?

I

inNV

imported post

Gordie wrote:
jdizon wrote:

I'm not sure if that is the kind of place for a shooting trip though.:?
:what: