Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for CC permit?

Post imported post

Just curious: what are folks seeing for time until they receive their CWP. I'm doing the paperwork and fingerprinting this week as a suppliment to OC. I know they have 30 days, but I thought I saw that some folks were getting their permit sooner. I'm in King county :shock: (Renton).

Thanks.

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

Post imported post

I just got mine in Kent in 5-6 days, but I've heard other cities like Seattle wait the full 30 days(have you got it yet, Bookman?)

Post imported post

I don't know about King Co, but in Kitsap it's pretty much in and out in 30 minutes. It takes longer to fill out paperwork and do fingerprints than it does to do the background check.

Post imported post

King takes about 20 or so.

Post imported post

20 or so days?

Post imported post

yes, sorry

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote:
    I just got mine in Kent in 5-6 days, but I've heard other cities like Seattle wait the full 30 days(have you got it yet, Bookman?)
    Not yet. I applied on 8/6 and am still waiting. I should have it Friday or Saturday. I know DEROS72 got his in exactly 30 days. He applied through the SeaTac office. I applied downtown at the courthouse.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

Applied for mine around 7/14 and still waiting...

But then again, I'm out of state.

Post imported post

i applied from my CPL in snohomish county on 8/28/2008. i'll update when i get mine. =) the process was smooth and the staff were are very friendly and helpful. =)

Post imported post

Nivek wrote:
    I don't know about King Co, but in Kitsap it's pretty much in and out in 30 minutes. It takes longer to fill out paperwork and do fingerprints than it does to do the background check.
    +1 for Kitsap... Got mine in 20min... Went in with all the paperwork filled out, and walked out 20min later with my CPL in hand... Not a bad deal, no hassle, no wait... Just make sure your drivers license address is your current address... If not you can call the DOL and do an address change, and put an address lable on the back, which will suffice...

Post imported post

My wife and I just got our through Redmond. It took about 28 days for both of us.

Post imported post

Seattle here, mine took the full 30 days when I applied around this time last year.

Post imported post

Spokane - 28 days

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

I received mine in the mail today. 29 days.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

Sno Co. is usually only a few days. But that was under Sheriff Bart. I am very curious to see how long they take with Lovick at the helm.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

It takes about 20-30 minutes in Port Angeles, at the PD.

Post imported post

joeroket wrote:
    Sno Co. is usually only a few days. But that was under Sheriff Bart. I am very curious to see how long they take with Lovick at the helm.
    I had a friend get his in the last couple months and it took the full 30 days. The secretary said they were really backed up and busy... hard to believe they're that busy when Kitsap can have your's to you same-day.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    joeroket wrote:
    I had a friend get his in the last couple months and it took the full 30 days. The secretary said they were really backed up and busy... hard to believe they're that busy when Kitsap can have your's to you same-day.
    The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office isthat busy because they choose to delay delivering the CPL as long as possible. Kitsap has no back log because they do it now, then there is no backlog and the customer is happy too.

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    just_a_car wrote:
    joeroket wrote:
    The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office is¬*that busy because they choose to delay delivering the CPL as long as possible.¬* Kitsap has no back log because they do it now, then there is no backlog and the customer is happy too.
    My thoughts exactly. They never had a backlog under Bart but all of a sudden a new sheriff who does not think citizens should carry guns comes in and they have a backlog. What a crock of crap.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

The Pullman PD seems to wait till the end of the 30th day and then puts it into the mail. Well, that was my experience at least.

Post imported post

Took one day in Kennewick.

Post imported post

Took 14 days for the Bellevue PD.

Question: They misspelled my last name (Herman instead of Hermann). It has my driver's license number on it, so I have corroborating ID in case I ever need it, but will that be problematic should I be stopped?

This bugs me because THREE times during the application process I had to correct the people entering my information. Even after that, the licensing department STILL got it wrong. Suggestions?
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

Tawnos wrote:
    Took 14 days for the Bellevue PD.

Question: They misspelled my last name (Herman instead of Hermann). It has my driver's license number on it, so I have corroborating ID in case I ever need it, but will that be problematic should I be stopped?

This bugs me because THREE times during the application process I had to correct the people entering my information. Even after that, the licensing department STILL got it wrong. Suggestions?
    Change your name to Herman, because the idiots will probably never get it right. Every set of orders I got while in the militaryhad my first name wrong. My nameis Fred, 4 lettersonly, and they always changed it to Frederick. Had to get them all amended and sometimes several times before they got it right.

Post imported post

Where I live (Sunnyside) I've heard it takes about a week from other people who got theirs, but it took me almost two months. I almost sued them for that.

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    just_a_car wrote:
    joeroket wrote:
    The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office isthat busy because they choose to delay delivering the CPL as long as possible. Kitsap has no back log because they do it now, then there is no backlog and the customer is happy too.
    Well I hope they don't drag there feet with this new Sheriff. I gave two of my employee's a bonus today, sent them down there and paid for there permits.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast