• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Time for CC permit?

Tawnos

imported post

Took 14 days for the Bellevue PD.

Question: They misspelled my last name (Herman instead of Hermann). It has my driver's license number on it, so I have corroborating ID in case I ever need it, but will that be problematic should I be stopped?

This bugs me because THREE times during the application process I had to correct the people entering my information. Even after that, the licensing department STILL got it wrong. Suggestions?

Bear 45/70

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
Took 14 days for the Bellevue PD.

Question: They misspelled my last name (Herman instead of Hermann). It has my driver's license number on it, so I have corroborating ID in case I ever need it, but will that be problematic should I be stopped?

This bugs me because THREE times during the application process I had to correct the people entering my information. Even after that, the licensing department STILL got it wrong. Suggestions?
Change your name to Herman, because the idiots will probably never get it right. Every set of orders I got while in the militaryhad my first name wrong. My nameis Fred, 4 lettersonly, and they always changed it to Frederick. Had to get them all amended and sometimes several times before they got it right.

cynicist

imported post

Where I live (Sunnyside) I've heard it takes about a week from other people who got theirs, but it took me almost two months. I almost sued them for that.

esstac

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
joeroket wrote:
Sno Co. is usually only a few days. But that was under Sheriff Bart. I am very curious to see how long they take with Lovick at the helm.
I had a friend get his in the last couple months and it took the full 30 days. The secretary said they were really backed up and busy... hard to believe they're that busy when Kitsap can have your's to you same-day.
The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office isthat busy because they choose to delay delivering the CPL as long as possible. Kitsap has no back log because they do it now, then there is no backlog and the customer is happy too.
Well I hope they don't drag there feet with this new Sheriff. I gave two of my employee's a bonus today, sent them down there and paid for there permits.

wczimmerman

imported post

Well, my 30 days of waiting starts today. Got the fingerprinting and paperwork done just a while ago. The folks at the PD were very friendly through the whole process and did not indicate any objections to OC. When I contrasted the WA CWP process and laws to those in Texas (where I moved from) they were shocked at how much more restrictive Texas is.

cynicist

imported post

I heard Texas is horrific on gun laws, which is rather shocking considering the stereotype Texans have. You bring guns to church, for example.

wczimmerman

imported post

cynicist wrote:
I heard Texas is horrific on gun laws, which is rather shocking considering the stereotype Texans have.  You bring guns to church, for example.

It's certainly more restrictive. What's wrong with bringing guns to church?

just_a_car

imported post

cynicist wrote:
I heard Texas is horrific on gun laws, which is rather shocking considering the stereotype Texans have. You bring guns to church, for example.
Um, we can do that here, too. Nothing barring it, legally. But, if the pastor asks you not to, then you can certainly be trespassed from the property, just like any other private property.

Here's to Freedom! :celebrate

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
cynicist wrote:
Um, we can do that here, too. Nothing barring it, legally. But, if the pastor asks you not to, then you can certainly be trespassed from the property, just like any other private property.

Here's to Freedom! :celebrate
Why just the Pastor, he doesn't own the church but works for the members. It would seem that the church council should decide, not just one individual.

emperor

imported post

emperor wrote:
i applied from my CPL in snohomish county on 8/28/2008. i'll update when i get mine. =) the process was smooth and the staff were are very friendly and helpful. =)
just to update.. i got mine today in the mail. so its only a few days considering monday was a holiday. =)

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

daddyman wrote:
My wife and I have been waiting three weeks for ours and they have not yet arrived! I applied at the PD in downtown Everett. :quirky
With some exceptions you are almost always better off going to see the sheriff rather than the local PD. Most Local PD's hold the permit until the very last minute.

joeroket

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
daddyman wrote:
My wife and I have been waiting three weeks for ours and they have not yet arrived! I applied at the PD in downtown Everett. :quirky
With some exceptions you are almost always better off going to see the sheriff rather than the local PD. Most Local PD's hold the permit until the very last minute.
And Everett usually does. It seems that Lovick is dragging feet now also.

daddyman

imported post

28 days and STILL WAITING.........I was told by the police that I had to get it from them since I live in the city. If it were an outlying area then I could have gone to the sheriff .

Bear 45/70

imported post

daddyman wrote:
28 days and STILL WAITING.........I was told by the police that I had to get it from them since I live in the city. If it were an outlying area then I could have gone to the sheriff .
They lied. City residents are also county residents and you have the option of the city or the county.

daddyman

imported post

I called the Police Records Division today to inquire as to the status of my CPL. 29 days later , and the lady said that my app. was in the pile to process on monday and that I could pick it up after 3pm or else wait for the mail to go out on tuesday. This whole time it was just sitting around. I am not angry, I never have bad thoughts. :lol: