• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

breaking news (9/2/08) Charlotte NC 5:00pm

MetalChris

imported post

M&P.40 wrote:
I don't want to defend the perp, But if he was in the home and the home owner outside.At that point no ones life is in danger ,I know you have the right to defend yourproperty as well as yourself. But it seems to me that the home owner at that point may have brought the difficulty onto himself by entering the home,The perp probaly would'nt have gotten away with anything if the home owner would've just call LEO and waited outside and held him at gun point. The homeowner put himself in danger also by entering the home..
Isn't NC a no-retreat state?

RaidersRule

imported post

In defense of some of my fellow journalists, it has become the industry standard to CYA at all times. Therefore, you use allegedly and victim a lot more than you do suspect and other such things.

There have been several cases within the last 10 years where a News Organization was sued for slander/libel in a case such as this.

Not saying I agree with it by any means, but it bears consideration.