Thread: Cabelas OC policy

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Found this on MGO, which was from OCDO. Cabelas is ok with OC/CC.

Thank you for the recent email. I am very sorry for the confusion that took place at our retail location.
    Our corporate office has taken action in regards to the below mentioned issue and here is what has been decided.
    We have made the decision to comply with state laws in regards to open carry. We do not ask customers to check concealed or open carry weapons where the state has laws governing this situation. Our signs refer to firearms that are being returned or sold to Cabela's.

If you are still having problems please feel free to let us know

Thanks again

Becky
    Lead Associate
    Cabela's Retail Information
    1-800-905-2731
    retail.contactgroup@[highlight= #ffff88]cabelas.com

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

OUTSTANDING! :celebrate:celebrate

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Excellent

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

TFC - (Too F-ing Cool)
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

What they do here is insist no rounds are in the gun and put a trigger lock on it, but only if it's coming out of the holster to be fitted to another holster or something. I think it's a good way to go. No reason to use a gun with rounds in it to fit it to a holster, and no reason to otherwise bother an open carrier.

Whenever I walk in the greeter says "is it comin out of the holster?"

I say nope, and he says cool.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    What they do here is insist no rounds are in the gun and put a trigger lock on it, but only if it's coming out of the holster to be fitted to another holster or something. I think it's a good way to go. No reason to use a gun with rounds in it to fit it to a holster, and no reason to otherwise bother an open carrier.

Whenever I walk in the greeter says "is it comin out of the holster?"

I say nope, and he says cool.
    What he said, but in Washington State.

Post imported post

Does anyone know what Gander Mountains stance on OC'ing is? I would imagine they would be pretty open to it, but I haven't ever looked to see if they have any signs prohibiting it. The only signs I have noticed are requesting that firearms be checked in at the front counter, but I would assume that it is for returns and repair.

Post imported post

kos wrote:
    Does anyone know what Gander Mountains stance on OC'ing is? I would imagine they would be pretty open to it, but I haven't ever looked to see if they have any signs prohibiting it. The only signs I have noticed are requesting that firearms be checked in at the front counter, but I would assume that it is for returns and repair.
    I don't know their policy, but I have OCed in the Saginaw Gander Mountain, and i did not check my firearm....

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

kos wrote:
    I've OC at one in Lansing and Traverse City. Most of the stories about GM is that they allow OC or CC if you are carrying for personal protection. The rule only applies if you will be handling the weapon to try holster or in for repair, etc.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I have OC'd quite often at the G.M. in Shelby twp. They noticed but so far nobody has ever said a word. One of the customers even stopped me in the parking lot and asked how I could do that, he was a nice guy I told him about the website and it was legal. I've had nothing but great experiences at G.M.