• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cabelas OC policy

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Found this on MGO, which was from OCDO. Cabelas is ok with OC/CC.

Thank you for the recent email. I am very sorry for the confusion that took place at our retail location.
Our corporate office has taken action in regards to the below mentioned issue and here is what has been decided.
We have made the decision to comply with state laws in regards to open carry. We do not ask customers to check concealed or open carry weapons where the state has laws governing this situation. Our signs refer to firearms that are being returned or sold to Cabela's.

If you are still having problems please feel free to let us know

Thanks again

Becky
Lead Associate
Cabela's Retail Information
1-800-905-2731
retail.contactgroup@[highlight= #ffff88]cabelas.com

Michigander

imported post

What they do here is insist no rounds are in the gun and put a trigger lock on it, but only if it's coming out of the holster to be fitted to another holster or something. I think it's a good way to go. No reason to use a gun with rounds in it to fit it to a holster, and no reason to otherwise bother an open carrier.

Whenever I walk in the greeter says "is it comin out of the holster?"

I say nope, and he says cool.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Michigander wrote:
What they do here is insist no rounds are in the gun and put a trigger lock on it, but only if it's coming out of the holster to be fitted to another holster or something. I think it's a good way to go. No reason to use a gun with rounds in it to fit it to a holster, and no reason to otherwise bother an open carrier.

Whenever I walk in the greeter says "is it comin out of the holster?"

I say nope, and he says cool.
What he said, but in Washington State.

kos

imported post

Does anyone know what Gander Mountains stance on OC'ing is? I would imagine they would be pretty open to it, but I haven't ever looked to see if they have any signs prohibiting it. The only signs I have noticed are requesting that firearms be checked in at the front counter, but I would assume that it is for returns and repair.

SQLtables

imported post

kos wrote:
Does anyone know what Gander Mountains stance on OC'ing is? I would imagine they would be pretty open to it, but I haven't ever looked to see if they have any signs prohibiting it. The only signs I have noticed are requesting that firearms be checked in at the front counter, but I would assume that it is for returns and repair.
I don't know their policy, but I have OCed in the Saginaw Gander Mountain, and i did not check my firearm....

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

kos wrote:
I've OC at one in Lansing and Traverse City. Most of the stories about GM is that they allow OC or CC if you are carrying for personal protection. The rule only applies if you will be handling the weapon to try holster or in for repair, etc.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

I have OC'd quite often at the G.M. in Shelby twp. They noticed but so far nobody has ever said a word. One of the customers even stopped me in the parking lot and asked how I could do that, he was a nice guy I told him about the website and it was legal. I've had nothing but great experiences at G.M.