• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boondocks: "No weapons (guests are subject to search)"

althor

imported post

I'm not sure about this but I doubt that a sign saying that guests are subject to search actually gives anybody the right to search you.

I would not consent to a search and would leave first.

41 Magnum

imported post

Rocky mountain raceway has the same type sign. I got pulled out of line there once, spread eagled against a wall and searched during the midnight drags. I guess I looked like a gang-banger that day or something. I know I could have refused, but I was curious as to the outcome.

The "security" guy that patted me down was wearing ski gloves(to avoid drug needles he said). Know what? He flat out patted my concealed sp101 hard,TWICE!! Told me I wasgood to go, and have a nice night....

Iwonder who else got what else in there that night?:lol:

FogRider

imported post

41 Magnum wrote:
Rocky mountain raceway has the same type sign. I got pulled out of line there once, spread eagled against a wall and searched during the midnight drags. I guess I looked like a gang-banger that day or something. I know I could have refused, but I was curious as to the outcome.

The "security" guy that patted me down was wearing ski gloves(to avoid drug needles he said). Know what? He flat out patted my concealed sp101 hard,TWICE!! Told me I wasgood to go, and have a nice night....

Iwonder who else got what else in there that night?:lol:
Nice. I got a patdown at the NIN concert last night, and almost laughed at the inadequacy. A SOB holster, an ankle holster, a shoulder holster (if you'd twisted it back a little bit) would have all definitely made it through, and I am betting a standard IWB would have as well, as light as the patdown was. The only visual check was in the front of my waistband. Hell, my knife made it through in my hand! We were told to empty our pockets, so the knife I keep cliped to my belt was in my hand with my cell phone and wallet! Great security you have there, Red Rocks.

xmirage2kx

imported post

I was carrying aG22 in an Serpa holster and was subjected to a concert patdown... THEY MISSED IT! Makes you feel really safe.

FogRider

imported post

xmirage2kx wrote:
I was carrying aG22 in an Serpa holster and was subjected to a concert patdown... THEY MISSED IT! Makes you feel really safe.
It should make you feel safe. After all, you still have your sidearm.

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

D94R wrote:
Heard from Mike. He has been in contact with the Owners of Boondocks and they are doing some "research". He said they should have more of a response by tomarrow hopefully.
I hope they don't stick with the anti gun stance. I really like that place.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Zachary,

Thanks for your feedback. You obviously know Matt who has expressed the same concern recently. Your statement is not correct when you state that I am not pro gun. I do have a conceal carry permit and am also a member of the NRA. I would like to get more details regarding your being “turned away” from our facility due to our no weapons policy. I am not aware that we have turned anyone away. I think you are both getting a little carried away with a non issue. We have not been kicking anyone out of our facility for legally carrying a concealed handgun. Other than law enforcement, I am not aware of anyone open carrying in our facility. This would be of some concern due to the nature of our business. I’m sure that if you or Matt were to be carrying your handguns concealed at our facility no one will ever say a word to you about it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Respectfully,

Michael Brooks

General Manager

[size=][/size]

[size=[/size]

Expect Excellence!]

ainokea

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Zachary,

Thanks for your feedback. You obviously know Matt who has expressed the same concern recently. Your statement is not correct when you state that I am not pro gun. I do have a conceal carry permit and am also a member of the NRA. I would like to get more details regarding your being “turned away” from our facility due to our no weapons policy. I am not aware that we have turned anyone away. I think you are both getting a little carried away with a non issue. We have not been kicking anyone out of our facility for legally carrying a concealed handgun. Other than law enforcement, I am not aware of anyone open carrying in our facility. This would be of some concern due to the nature of our business. I’m sure that if you or Matt were to be carrying your handguns concealed at our facility no one will ever say a word to you about it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Respectfully,

Michael Brooks

General Manager

[size=]

[size=[/size]

Expect Excellence!]

IMO- This is an acceptablepolicy!

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
jaredbelch wrote:
D94R wrote:
Heard from Mike. He has been in contact with the Owners of Boondocks and they are doing some "research". He said they should have more of a response by tomarrow hopefully.
I hope they don't stick with the anti gun stance. I really like that place.
If they do, just conceal. If they ask to search, refuse. If they make an issue out of it, then take your business elsewhere. Seems pretty simple to me.
Why would you(anyone) recommend breaking the rules of an establishment? If they don't want you there, why give them your money?
So a company has an anti gun policy, but chooses not to enforce it. It's still anti gun!