Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is a good place to take the conceal carry class in Las Vegas or Henderon

Post imported post

Hello Everyone,

I just joined this forum and happy to find so many Nevadans on here. I was wondering where is a good place to get the CCW in Las Vegas or Henderson.

I've heard about the Gun store but have not been there before. Any suggestions out there for me? I know of several places in the area giving the CCW such as Bargain Pawn, American Shooters, Center Mass, Spurlock's Gun Store, and Discount Gun Store. Which one would you recommend.

I want to get this done within the next 2 weeks so I can get ready for the long wait lol

Thanks

Post imported post

american shooters

inNV

Post imported post

I will probably be going to the Gun Store, they are the cheapest and don't charge you extra for Utah or Florida, one class fits all, and it's only $75 and includes one firearm. The other places are more money, and charge extra for Utah. American Shooters is only $80+plus gun fee, but does not specify if they only do NV, you can call and find out. Either way, the Gun Store is cheaper unless you are qualifying with more than one gun.

Post imported post

Thanks for the info. The Gun Store is $75.00 but they do charge for the Utah license now. The price is still cheaper than others in the area. I stopped in to talk to the guys there and made the decision to take it there. I also like the idea that I can qualify 1 to 2 days before taking the class. Makes it nice to focus on the law information and not on shooting after the classroom section.

Thanks

inNV

Post imported post

Hmm when did they start charging for Utah? I was just there a few weeks ago, and just looked at the paper they gave me, says you can get the Utah and Florida permit apps at no xtra cost. Paper says "updated 7/05/08"..

Did they tell you how much extra? And Florida?

Post imported post

If you don't mind driving a little bit further north, Bargain Pawn does the class for $60, and includes Utah at no extra charge.

Post imported post

I did not explain that well in my earlier reply. The gun store does not charge for the Utah permit. You only pay for the application for Utah. Best deal I could find other than bargain pawn that does not have it's own range of course. I'm sold, the gun store is it!

inNV

Post imported post

I decided to go to Bargain Pawn. They are $15 cheaper and the class is later in the afternoon on Saturday, and is shorter.

Post imported post

inNV wrote:
    I decided to go to Bargain Pawn. They are $15 cheaper and the class is later in the afternoon on Saturday, and is shorter.
    Could you post the date/time of the shooting part? I need to add a couple guns to mine.

inNV

Post imported post

He said that there is a class this Saturday, and they may have a qualification at Bass Pro shops earlier that day. He said to call back, because he wasn't sure. I am not sure I can make this Saturday, which stinks because he said it might be a few weeks before they have another one.

So I would call and find out, because I don't know.

Post imported post

I'll send him an email, and let you know if he gives a more definitive answer.

inNV

Post imported post

OK, thanks.

Post imported post

inNV wrote:
    not sure I can make this Saturday, which stinks because he said it might be a few weeks before they have another one.

Snip
    I believe The GunStore offers a class every Sunday.
    The few weeks waiting for the class could be a few weeks waiting for yourpermit to be approved.
    JHMO.
    Nodog in this fight, however Tony D is a personal friend.
    Floyd at Master Shooter's offers evening weekday classes and a Sunday shoot.
    Discount Firearms also offers classes but I don't have any info.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

inNV

Post imported post

Gun store is on Saturdays. I cannot attend the weekday classes at Masters, because of work and/or school. Discount is only NV, or at least that is all the web says. American shooters has every Saturday as well.

I have to see what I do.

Called Discount as I was typing, they do NOT do Utah.

Post imported post

Anyone here with a ccw permit know approximate time the permit will be mailed out? I forgot to ask at the Metro Police Dept. I've heard anywhere from 60-90 days. Anyone get theirs earlier?

Post imported post

Mine was 47 days, got it at the end of May.

Post imported post

47 days is great on time. My understanding is that it could take 120 days. Maybe I'll get lucky and it won't take so long.

Thanks for the response!

inNV

Post imported post

I took the class today, and will go submit papers/mail Utah on Monday. The instructer said it has been taking between 2-6 weeks to get the license in the mail for NV.

Post imported post

wow I hope they're getting done that fast!
    Congratulations!

inNV

Post imported post

I hope so too! I went today and turned in the paperwork, I has thought they would be closed because of Columbus day, but they weren't. Lady said it could take 120 days because that is the amount of time they have to give it by according to the state, but she said it is not taking very long now. Something about computers. I know they can give it to you within a few days if they really wanted to.

Now I have to wait until tthe post office opens tommorrow so I can mail out Utah's.

Post imported post

I went by there today to add 2 guns to my permit. My car wouldn't start, so after wasting half an hour trying to start it, I took my company car (not supposed to use it for personal stuff). I got there at 3:05. They close at 3.

Post imported post

Oh I'm sorry to hear you made that trip for them to close at 3:00 pm. I have a gun to add to my permit in hopes that I can get the gun added before my permit arrives in the mail.

Sorry to hear about your car too. Thank goodness for the company car. I know how you feel though not wanting to use the company vehicle for personal use. I have a company car myself for work and it makes you a little nervous to use it for something like this but your efforts definitely were there

inNV

Post imported post

MsXD, how long has it been since you turned in your paperwork?

I mailed off Utah today.

Post imported post

It's been 2 weeks and4 days now but who"s counting

inNV

Post imported post

I am such and idiot. It just popped in my head that I did not have my Utah papers notarized...I knew I forgot something. Anyway, now I have to wait ande see what happens. I will give them a call tommorrow..

Anytime now msxd..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast