• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where is a good place to take the conceal carry class in Las Vegas or Henderon

MsXD9

imported post

Hello Everyone,

I just joined this forum and happy to find so many Nevadans on here. I was wondering where is a good place to get the CCW in Las Vegas or Henderson.

I've heard about the Gun store but have not been there before. Any suggestions out there for me? I know of several places in the area giving the CCW such as Bargain Pawn, American Shooters, Center Mass, Spurlock's Gun Store, and Discount Gun Store. Which one would you recommend.:banghead:

I want to get this done within the next 2 weeks so I can get ready for the long wait lol :)

Thanks

I

inNV

imported post

I will probably be going to the Gun Store, they are the cheapest and don't charge you extra for Utah or Florida, one class fits all, and it's only $75 and includes one firearm. The other places are more money, and charge extra for Utah. American Shooters is only $80+plus gun fee, but does not specify if they only do NV, you can call and find out. Either way, the Gun Store is cheaper unless you are qualifying with more than one gun.

MsXD9

imported post

Thanks for the info. The Gun Store is $75.00 but they do charge for the Utah license now. The price is still cheaper than others in the area. I stopped in to talk to the guys there and made the decision to take it there. I also like the idea that I can qualify 1 to 2 days before taking the class. Makes it nice to focus on the law information and not on shooting after the classroom section.

Thanks

I

inNV

imported post

Hmm when did they start charging for Utah? I was just there a few weeks ago, and just looked at the paper they gave me, says you can get the Utah and Florida permit apps at no xtra cost. Paper says "updated 7/05/08"..

Did they tell you how much extra? And Florida?

MsXD9

imported post

I did not explain that well in my earlier reply. The gun store does not charge for the Utah permit. You only pay for the application for Utah. Best deal I could find other than bargain pawn that does not have it's own range of course. I'm sold, the gun store is it!

I

inNV

imported post

I decided to go to Bargain Pawn. They are $15 cheaper and the class is later in the afternoon on Saturday, and is shorter.

AnakinsKid

imported post

inNV wrote:
I decided to go to Bargain Pawn. They are $15 cheaper and the class is later in the afternoon on Saturday, and is shorter.
Could you post the date/time of the shooting part? I need to add a couple guns to mine.

I

inNV

imported post

He said that there is a class this Saturday, and they may have a qualification at Bass Pro shops earlier that day. He said to call back, because he wasn't sure. I am not sure I can make this Saturday, which stinks because he said it might be a few weeks before they have another one.

So I would call and find out, because I don't know.

Marco

imported post

inNV wrote:
not sure I can make this Saturday, which stinks because he said it might be a few weeks before they have another one.

Snip

I believe The GunStore offers a class every Sunday.
The few weeks waiting for the class could be a few weeks waiting for yourpermit to be approved.
JHMO.
Nodog in this fight, however Tony D is a personal friend.
Floyd at Master Shooter's offers evening weekday classes and a Sunday shoot.
Discount Firearms also offers classes but I don't have any info.

I

inNV

imported post

Gun store is on Saturdays. I cannot attend the weekday classes at Masters, because of work and/or school. Discount is only NV, or at least that is all the web says. American shooters has every Saturday as well.

I have to see what I do.

Called Discount as I was typing, they do NOT do Utah.

MsXD9

imported post

Anyone here with a ccw permit know approximate time the permit will be mailed out? I forgot to ask at the Metro Police Dept. I've heard anywhere from 60-90 days. Anyone get theirs earlier?

MsXD9

imported post

47 days is great on time. My understanding is that it could take 120 days. Maybe I'll get lucky and it won't take so long.

Thanks for the response!

I

inNV

imported post

I took the class today, and will go submit papers/mail Utah on Monday. The instructer said it has been taking between 2-6 weeks to get the license in the mail for NV.

I

inNV

imported post

I hope so too! I went today and turned in the paperwork, I has thought they would be closed because of Columbus day, but they weren't. Lady said it could take 120 days because that is the amount of time they have to give it by according to the state, but she said it is not taking very long now. Something about computers. I know they can give it to you within a few days if they really wanted to.

Now I have to wait until tthe post office opens tommorrow so I can mail out Utah's.