• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where is a good place to take the conceal carry class in Las Vegas or Henderon

MsXD9

imported post

Hello Everyone,

I just joined this forum and happy to find so many Nevadans on here. I was wondering where is a good place to get the CCW in Las Vegas or Henderson.

I've heard about the Gun store but have not been there before. Any suggestions out there for me? I know of several places in the area giving the CCW such as Bargain Pawn, American Shooters, Center Mass, Spurlock's Gun Store, and Discount Gun Store. Which one would you recommend.:banghead:

I want to get this done within the next 2 weeks so I can get ready for the long wait lol :)

Thanks

CowboyKen

imported post

Any of them will do. They must meet the requirements set by the Sheriffs and Chiefs Association.

I took it at The Gun Store. The instructor I had, Tony Dee did a good job. I chose them because of location, when the course was offered and cost.

The course itself was mostly repetition of things that I knew. If you don't have experience with firearms and Nevada law it is worthwhile. There is a short test, multiple choice, at the end that I could have passed without taking the course.

If you have other questions feel free to ask. Good luck.

Ken

Erus

imported post

Bargain Pawn does thier class for $60.00 good for both NV and UT.

Wife paid much more at Center Mass...

$60 seems to be the best price I have heard, but not sure if other's match it in town.

AnakinsKid

imported post

I did Bargain Pawn also. Down side is they don't have their own range, so they did the shooting part at Bass Pro Shops. Last couple times I've asked when they're having a shoot again, they didn't know since Bass Pro had something going on and the range was reserved.

MsXD9

imported post

Thanks for your replies.

I've been around guns since I was a little girl and have owned many along the way. After moving to the Las Vegas Area almost 5 years ago I decided now is the time to get my CCW.

I went to the gun store Thursday to get the info on when they conduct classes.

I also know that Spurlock's in Henderson offers the class every other Saturday and qualifying is at American Shooters which is where I mostly shoot anyway.

I think I will go with the Gun Store or Spurlocks. I've heard good things about frontsight mostly only one negative comment but it's near Parump. I'm not a rookie about guns so one of these classes at the Gun Store or Spurlock's will be fine.

I wondered where Bargain Pawn did the shooting since they do not have a range. I've been there before just to pick up a transfer gun bought at the gun show here in Las Vegas.

Center Mass is more expensive and I don't think I will get more bang for the buck with them than any of the others. No pun intended.:lol:

Thanks again guys!

Marco

imported post

If your looking for something more advanced(expensive).
http://pfctraining.com/

Contact them they might do a CCW class or their training might meet State requirement.

I have no dog in this fight.

yeahYeah

imported post

the guns shops around time range in price. i took mine at the one on Blue diamond road, but Bargain pawn is the cheapest...downside, no indoor range.

yeahYeah

imported post

the guns shops around time range in price. i took mine at the one on Blue diamond road, but Bargain pawn is the cheapest...downside, no indoor range.

MsXD9

imported post

Well guys I took my CCW today!

Now I just need to take the application and get fingerprinted at the Station. Once this is done I just have to do the long wait thing:lol:

I appreciate the advice on where to go guys!

Thanks

I

inNV

imported post

And you went to the gun store? If so, when did you qualify?

Just realized it is Sunday, so probably not..where did you end up going?

Rycher612

imported post

I did mine at American Shooters in Las Vegas. They offer a Saturday class at the Vegas location and sundayclass at the Henderson location. Both instructors are very knowlegable and make the class interesting. It cost me 100 bucks for 2 guns in my permit but i brought my own ammo. If you plan to carry a semi auto only do yourself a favor and bring a revolver to qualify as well. Or they have guns to rent. I made the mistake of not including a revolver and now i have to qualify again to add on my permit. My permit took about 3 weeks after backround check.