• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Burn Notice

Nivek

imported post

I just started watching the show "Burn Notice" last week. Ended up going out and buying season 1 so I could catch up too.

I've noticed a very nice trend throughout the show. It seems that somebody on the show production team has quite an affinity for Sig Sauer pistols (namely P228's and P226's)
It's amazing the percentage of people that carry Sigs on this show! Good guys, bad guys, they all have Sigs! Makes me proud! :D Anybody else notice this?
Aside from the gun selection though, still a really good show!

KBCraig

imported post

It's a great show. A little too simplistic and MacGyver-ish at times, but entertaining and does a good job of showing how to think outside the box.

Some of their gun stuff is just plain silly, but no worse than any other television series.

David.Car

imported post

Watched the whole first season on a marathon they did couple weeks back, was very entertained.

And, ever since I picked up my p226 I have been spotting sigs in a lot of shows and movies I just didn't notice before.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

My last job was working as Sales & Marketing Manager for Sangean (a radio manufacturer).

I came in contact with a company whos business was product placement. A company would hire them to proposition prop guys, set designers, even writers to place their clients products in exchange for free props, thus saving the production money. This is no doubt what Sig did.