• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas De Brazil - Fair Oaks - Any OC Experience?

mellman

imported post

I just got a gift card from my boss to go to Texas De Brazil, so I'm taking the girlfriend out there tomorrow night for dinner. I've never been, so I'm not aware of their firearms policies. Has anyone OC'd there and if so could you post your experience?

I don't see any articles about them being anti-gun, or any policy listed on their website. But I didn't do a huge extensive search of their parent company or anything.

Thanks!
-Matt

RedKnightt

imported post

The mall does have a no weapons policy, but it appears to not be enforced regularly. The restaurant does have an outside entrance, if I recall, so I would use it. If the restaurant itself does have a no weapons policy, you'll probably find out pretty quickly if they notice your weapon. According to the mall's site, it is a family-owned restaurant, not a chain store, so there may not be any corporate lawyers to set infringements :).

I've seen in the restaurant thread that someone OC'ed in Champps there without a problem, and there was a discussion about another gentleman who OC'ed, but he flashed a Maryland private detective license to the security guard when questioned: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=3114&forum_id=54

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

TexasNative

imported post

According to their web site, the restaurant is #K240, but I don't know if that's in the mall or not.

And I'm pretty sure it's a chain, Red. I've eaten in the one in Ft Worth, TX, and according to their web site they're in eight different states around the country.

~ Boyd

RedKnightt

imported post

The Texas de Brazil I know is in Fair Oaks Mall; it's across from Champps, on the upper level next to Macy's.

The mall's website said they were a family owned business; I misinterpreted that as being a single mom & pop place. I should know better, knowing how much malls charge for rent :) 1 demerit for me.

I just looked at the Texas de Brazil website, and it immediately made me want to gore a matador.. wow, too much red! I also dislike sites that automatically start music or other sound files..ggrrrr..

back to the calming smooth jazz.....aaah

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

mellman

imported post

LOL... OK so i guess it is in the mall...but Doesn't answer the question of if it is OC friendly. Guess I'll go and find out and deal with an upset date if it isn't?

RedKnightt

imported post

If they do get huffy about it, walk the 30 feet to Champps. I don't think anyone has ever had a problem at Champps after the delightful incident in 2004, and it was not the restaurant that had a problem, IIRC. The Reston location has been the location of several OC lunches/dinners, most recently with the lovely cover model Lori.

--RedKnightt--

hsmith

imported post

I frequent Chima in Tysons and OC all the time - no issues.

I do love Brazilian steak houses - just can't be beat!

RedKnightt

imported post

Well, how did it go?

--RedKnightt--

mellman

imported post

Well the food was fantastic. Nothing like having medium rare top sirloin sliced off on to your plate for you whenever you want more! :)

I OC'd without incident. We arrived and there were probably only about 3 other tables seated at the place...so I had a LOT of eyes on me. I OC in a FOBUS holster, at about my 4:00, so it's not overtly blatant, but all of the waitstaff were staring pointing and talking. I was a little worried at first that they were going to ask me to leave, but after the inital 'shock' factor was over they seemed to calm down.

Several other customers gave me some looks, nothing bad, so overall it was a success.

Usually when I OC people ask me questions about it, this time I had none! So based on this one dinner, Texas De Brazil is OC friendly!