Thread: Democrat Paul Nichols' End of year pig roast

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

My elected representative is having an end-of-year party with music and drinks and, of course, roasted pig. His flyer didn't clarify for the uninitiated that firearms must be carried openly, so I replied to his e-mail and Cc'd everyone on his list the following clarification:

"Remember, alcohol is being served at this function, so in order to comply with § 18.2-308 J3 of the VirginiaCode all firearms must be carried openly. If you choose to carry please be responsible and refrain from imbibing."

Centurion

Post imported post

OC-Glock19 wrote:
    My elected representative is having an end-of-year party with music and drinks and, of course, roasted pig. His flyer didn't clarify for the uninitiated that firearms must be carried openly, so I replied to his e-mail and Cc'd everyone on his list the following clarification:

"Remember, alcohol is being served at this function, so in order to comply with § 18.2-308 J3 of the VirginiaCode all firearms must be carried openly. If you choose to carry please be responsible and refrain from imbibing."
    Only if it is being served in a restaurant or a club. If it is on non-restaurant or non-club property, then concealed is OK with a permit.

Post imported post

So that was you huh?

I've asked before to use the BCC field instead so the email message hides the recipients, but they don't seem to listen.

Post imported post

eyesopened wrote:
    So that was you huh?

I've asked before to use the BCC field instead so the email message hides the recipients, but they don't seem to listen.
    I HATE it when people don't BCC when e-mailing a large group. I figured that replying to allmight nudge them in the right direction.

Post imported post

VCDL President wrote:
    OC-Glock19 wrote:

Only if it is being served in a restaurant or a club. If it is on non-restaurant or non-club property, then concealed is OK with a permit.
    Philip,

The PDF flyer that was attached to the original e-mail states that the event is being held at the Oasis on the Occoquan, a restaurant with an ABC license. I should have included that information in my original post.

Centurion

Post imported post

OC-Glock19 wrote:
    VCDL President wrote:
    OC-Glock19 wrote:

Philip,

The PDF flyer that was attached to the original e-mail states that the event is being held at the Oasis on the Occoquan, a restaurant with an ABC license. I should have included that information in my original post.
    OK - then open carry is definitely in order! :?

Post imported post

Should we turn this event into an open-carry get-together? :PHere's the flyer for the event. $50 for all-you-can-eat pig and watching the sponsoring committee turn blue sounds like a good deal to me.

Post imported post

OC-Glock19 wrote:
    Should we turn this event into an open-carry get-together?* :P*Here's the flyer for the event.* $50 for all-you-can-eat pig and watching the sponsoring committee turn blue sounds like a good deal to me.

That would be priceless