• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Democrat Paul Nichols' End of year pig roast

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

My elected representative is having an end-of-year party with music and drinks and, of course, roasted pig. His flyer didn't clarify for the uninitiated that firearms must be carried openly, so I replied to his e-mail and Cc'd everyone on his list the following clarification:

"Remember, alcohol is being served at this function, so in order to comply with § 18.2-308 J3 of the VirginiaCode all firearms must be carried openly. If you choose to carry please be responsible and refrain from imbibing."

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

OC-Glock19 wrote:
My elected representative is having an end-of-year party with music and drinks and, of course, roasted pig. His flyer didn't clarify for the uninitiated that firearms must be carried openly, so I replied to his e-mail and Cc'd everyone on his list the following clarification:

"Remember, alcohol is being served at this function, so in order to comply with § 18.2-308 J3 of the VirginiaCode all firearms must be carried openly. If you choose to carry please be responsible and refrain from imbibing."
Only if it is being served in a restaurant or a club. If it is on non-restaurant or non-club property, then concealed is OK with a permit.

eyesopened

imported post

So that was you huh? ;)

I've asked before to use the BCC field instead so the email message hides the recipients, but they don't seem to listen.

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

eyesopened wrote:
So that was you huh? ;)

I've asked before to use the BCC field instead so the email message hides the recipients, but they don't seem to listen.
I HATE it when people don't BCC when e-mailing a large group. I figured that replying to allmight nudge them in the right direction. :cool:

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

VCDL President wrote:
OC-Glock19 wrote:

Only if it is being served in a restaurant or a club. If it is on non-restaurant or non-club property, then concealed is OK with a permit.

Philip,

The PDF flyer that was attached to the original e-mail states that the event is being held at the Oasis on the Occoquan, a restaurant with an ABC license. I should have included that information in my original post.

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

OC-Glock19 wrote:
VCDL President wrote:
OC-Glock19 wrote:

Philip,

The PDF flyer that was attached to the original e-mail states that the event is being held at the Oasis on the Occoquan, a restaurant with an ABC license. I should have included that information in my original post.
OK - then open carry is definitely in order! :?

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Should we turn this event into an open-carry get-together? :pHere's the flyer for the event. $50 for all-you-can-eat pig and watching the sponsoring committee turn blue sounds like a good deal to me.

PigRoast1-1.jpg

PigRoast2.jpg

richarcm

imported post

OC-Glock19 wrote:
Should we turn this event into an open-carry get-together?  :p Here's the flyer for the event.  $50 for all-you-can-eat pig and watching the sponsoring committee turn blue sounds like a good deal to me.

PigRoast1-1.jpg

PigRoast2.jpg

That would be priceless