• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newbie from Flowery Branch.

seca

imported post

Found this forum from GPDO a few weeks ago. I have had hand guns for years but only just recently got my GFL. I was leary of OC till I started reading this site. I always CC now but I am slowly starting to OC. First was at a QT in Atlanta (had to go inside to get the reciept) no one even noticed. Second was at Cycle Nation in Braselton. Salesman looked at me and smiles "packing heat huh?" I told him I always do. He agreed and said if work would let him he would have his on right now. I had my gun in my IWB holster but had my shirt tucked in with the gun exposed. I seam to OC this way alot since my IWB holds the gun closer to me. I just have to break down and get a good OWB holster I guess. Thanks for the great site.

rmodel65

imported post

i assume you are since you came over from gpdo

are you a georgiacarry.org member?

also welcome

officerjdc

imported post

Me too! I just joined GCOlast month!

I took me a while to work up the courage to OC. I finally started doing it in mid-July of this year. I was nervous doing it at first. I was waiting for someone to freak out on me and cause a scene, but in about six weeks of OCing I've had a few wide eyed stares, even fewer questions about it, and no people freaking out over it. No bad encounters with law enforcement either even though I've OCed in front of them several times.

I'll probably run into an anti at some point, or maybe someone who's new to the area since we have so many Army families here. I'll probably have someone who doesn't know the law call in a "man with gun" on me eventually, but I'm ready for that if it ever happens to me.

seca wrote:
GCO member!