• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East Lansing Will take do NO GUNS SIGNS from parks

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Heard a message on my phone from the East Lansing City Attorney stated that they are aware of the preemption law and will remove any no guns signs from parks by Spring 09.

I called last week asking them about any no weapons signs in city parks and mentioned preemption, so another city aware of this, how many more to go.....?

Prophet

imported post

Venator wrote:
Heard a message on my phone from the East Lansing City Attorney stated that they are aware of the preemption law and will remove any no guns signs from parks by Spring 09. 

If they don't want to pay for it until next spring you should offer for you and some of your buddies to go around and take em all down yourselves.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Prophet wrote:
Venator wrote:

If they don't want to pay for it until next spring you should offer for you and some of your buddies to go around and take em all down yourselves.
Now that's an interesting idea. Hummmmm.

WARCHILD

imported post

Now I think this could be a media event worth while. What could be better than a picture of citizens legally armed and ocing, taking down these signs. :celebrate

WARCHILD

imported post

I know I would love to do it, but...... it can't happen. First off the city will claim liability for working on city property, second, city DPW employees will file on "scab work" etc... you get the idea. It would be nice if a few of us could kinda be going in the same direction as they go around town taking them down though. LOL