• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OpenCarry Petition-Signing Booth at Next Houston Gun Show

akpoff

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I just got off the phone with the owners of the Houston High Caliber Gun Show. While they don't allow political booths pushing candidates, they've agreed to let me put this one up since it's informational and a petition. And it's of interest to gun owners. :p

Costs are:
  • Booth: $70
  • Electricity: $50
  • WiFi: $12.95/day
  • Sign: ~$100
  • Fliers: Not sure yet (depends on how many).
While I would appreciate any help in defraying the expenses, I could really use some volunteers to help man the booth. The gun show is two days long for about 8 hours. I know I can't be there on Sunday morning.

Anyone in the Houston area able to volunteer to help man the booth? Any donations toward costs are also appreciated.

--Aaron

P.S. I'm happy to share the sign with any other OC promoters that want to borrow it for booths in other cities.

rodbender

imported post

I could do the same in Austin onSep. 20 & 21.. The one problem is, I don't have a laptop. Anyone willing to help with the booth that has a laptop with WiFi capabilities?

We alsoneed to get the flier changed to reflect the new web address for it.

6.8SPC

imported post

what days, i'd be glad to help out. Whatever you need. I am avalible for the show at the Brown center e 27th & 28 th. I think the pasadena show this weekend is too short notice for the wife.

Jered