Thread: Shooting this week

Post imported post

I am looking to go shooting this week at pretty much any indoor range (closer to downtown the better)! I want to shoot from maybe 5-7pm or so today, thursday or friday.

Doug's isn't too far from work and is cheaper than Get Some.

Anyone wanna go destroy some paper with me?

I could use some instruction/critique as well!

Post imported post

ScottyT wrote:
    I am looking to go shooting this week at pretty much any indoor range (closer to downtown the better)! I want to shoot from maybe 5-7pm or so today, thursday or friday.

Doug's isn't too far from work and is cheaper than Get Some.

Anyone wanna go destroy some paper with me?

I could use some instruction/critique as well!
    Arghghg. I have about 80 hours combined vacation and sick pay to burn up, but I don't have the cash. I just shelled out, after much saving and penny penching, the $70.00 for my Serpa L2 holster. I ordered it online. I'll give ye a holler next time I get some cash and schedule a free day. I work swing shift, so it's pretty much jacked up for me unless I take the day off. Maybe next time mate.

Kevin
    If it isn't broke, then don't fix it, or you'll fix it until it's broke.

Post imported post

Dang indoor shooting ranges. meh, ever since i have moved to Utah i have NEVER paid to go shooting except for ammunition. not to mention the experience of packing a lunch, grabbin' a bud and headin' into BLM or past..

I will say this, it might be more temperate to shoot indoors, but thats about it. Just my .01

Post imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
    Dang indoor shooting ranges. meh, ever since i have moved to Utah i have NEVER paid to go shooting except for ammunition. not to mention the experience of packing a lunch, grabbin' a bud and headin' into BLM or past..

I will say this, it might be more temperate to shoot indoors, but thats about it. Just my .01
    Aye, but I like those little pully gadgets that let you bring your targets in and out. You also have a nice bench and climate controlled place to shoot, and you don't have to drive out in the boonies to do it. To each his own I guess. Doug's is about $8.00 for all day unless it's a weekend. I know it's steep, but I just like to go there every now and then. Last time I went, there was somebody shooting a desert eagle right next to me about 15 minutes before I left. Man! That freaking thing isa gal darn cannon! It's freaking loud too!

Kevin

Post imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
    ProtectedBy9mm wrote:

Aye, but I like those little pully gadgets that let you bring your targets in and out. You also have a nice bench and climate controlled place to shoot, and you don't have to drive out in the boonies to do it....
    All that for $8? That does sound tempting.

i suppose all said and done i do end up guzzling a bit more gas that i would want to, just to go shooting. To be honest, its a little more than shooting: First you have to pop your 13 MPG guzzler into 4-wheel and 'find' a safe spot to litter your various calibers.. Rest, eat some grub with your bud, family or your significant other and soak up some nature.

Tell ya's what: talk about an OC meet.. everyone head up to the hills with some tents and some grub? Oh yea.

Post imported post

I thought Doug's was $6? Even $8 is cheaper than Get Some if I remember right. I would much rather go out to the desert to shoot, but it would cost more in gas and, more importantly, time!

Post imported post

ScottyT wrote:
    I thought Doug's was $6? Even $8 is cheaper than Get Some if I remember right. I would much rather go out to the desert to shoot, but it would cost more in gas and, more importantly, time!
    Yeah, they jacked it up a couple of bucks. They did a renovation on their range because of the fire and air condidtions that once existed down there. One time I was there before they fixed it all up and a pile of shells that somebody had swept into a pile caught on fire, everyone was hittin the deck because nobody knew if there were unspent shells in the pile. ROFL!!! To make matters worse, somebody grabbed a fire extinguisher and tried to put it out. Guess what? The extinguisher wasn't charged. I was looking at the lady next to me and we smiled at each other and then she said, "I just don't want to become a statistic so I'm staying down". I suppose the price hike is to pay for the renovation they did. I'll bet the fire marshall had a cow over that one.

Kevin

Post imported post

Still cheaper than a drive to UT lake.