• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting this week

ScottyT

imported post

I am looking to go shooting this week at pretty much any indoor range (closer to downtown the better)! I want to shoot from maybe 5-7pm or so today, thursday or friday.

Doug's isn't too far from work and is cheaper than Get Some.

Anyone wanna go destroy some paper with me?

I could use some instruction/critique as well!

LovesHisXD45

imported post

ScottyT wrote:
I am looking to go shooting this week at pretty much any indoor range (closer to downtown the better)! I want to shoot from maybe 5-7pm or so today, thursday or friday.

Doug's isn't too far from work and is cheaper than Get Some.

Anyone wanna go destroy some paper with me?

I could use some instruction/critique as well!

Arghghg. I have about 80 hours combined vacation and sick pay to burn up, but I don't have the cash. I just shelled out, after much saving and penny penching, the $70.00 for my Serpa L2 holster. I ordered it online. I'll give ye a holler next time I get some cash and schedule a free day. I work swing shift, so it's pretty much jacked up for me unless I take the day off. Maybe next time mate. :(

Kevin

scorpioajr

imported post

Dang indoor shooting ranges. meh, ever since i have moved to Utah i have NEVER paid to go shooting except for ammunition. not to mention the experience of packing a lunch, grabbin' a bud and headin' into BLM or past..

I will say this, it might be more temperate to shoot indoors, but thats about it. Just my .01

LovesHisXD45

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Dang indoor shooting ranges. meh, ever since i have moved to Utah i have NEVER paid to go shooting except for ammunition. not to mention the experience of packing a lunch, grabbin' a bud and headin' into BLM or past..

I will say this, it might be more temperate to shoot indoors, but thats about it. Just my .01

Aye, but I like those little pully gadgets that let you bring your targets in and out. You also have a nice bench and climate controlled place to shoot, and you don't have to drive out in the boonies to do it. To each his own I guess. :) Doug's is about $8.00 for all day unless it's a weekend. I know it's steep, but I just like to go there every now and then. Last time I went, there was somebody shooting a desert eagle right next to me about 15 minutes before I left. Man! That freaking thing isa gal darn cannon! It's freaking loud too!

Kevin

scorpioajr

imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:

Aye, but I like those little pully gadgets that let you bring your targets in and out. You also have a nice bench and climate controlled place to shoot, and you don't have to drive out in the boonies to do it....
All that for $8? That does sound tempting.

i suppose all said and done i do end up guzzling a bit more gas that i would want to, just to go shooting. To be honest, its a little more than shooting: First you have to pop your 13 MPG guzzler into 4-wheel and 'find' a safe spot to litter your various calibers.. Rest, eat some grub with your bud, family or your significant other and soak up some nature.

Tell ya's what: talk about an OC meet.. everyone head up to the hills with some tents and some grub? Oh yea.

ScottyT

imported post

I thought Doug's was $6? Even $8 is cheaper than Get Some if I remember right. I would much rather go out to the desert to shoot, but it would cost more in gas and, more importantly, time!

LovesHisXD45

imported post

ScottyT wrote:
I thought Doug's was $6? Even $8 is cheaper than Get Some if I remember right. I would much rather go out to the desert to shoot, but it would cost more in gas and, more importantly, time!

Yeah, they jacked it up a couple of bucks. They did a renovation on their range because of the fire and air condidtions that once existed down there. One time I was there before they fixed it all up and a pile of shells that somebody had swept into a pile caught on fire, everyone was hittin the deck because nobody knew if there were unspent shells in the pile. ROFL!!! To make matters worse, somebody grabbed a fire extinguisher and tried to put it out. Guess what? The extinguisher wasn't charged. I was looking at the lady next to me and we smiled at each other and then she said, "I just don't want to become a statistic so I'm staying down". I suppose the price hike is to pay for the renovation they did. I'll bet the fire marshall had a cow over that one.

Kevin