View Poll Results: Pick a party.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • Democrat

    3 2.34%
  • Republican

    30 23.44%
  • Libertarian

    16 12.50%
  • Independent (mostly Democrat)

    3 2.34%
  • Independent (mostly Republican)

    27 21.09%
  • Independent (mostly Libertarian)

    38 29.69%
  • Other

    8 6.25%
  • Don't Vote

    3 2.34%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 79

Thread: Political Affiliation Poll

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran Bookman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1,424

    Post imported post

    I've noticed that (I think) that most people on here seem to be conservatives. In order to find out whether I'm correct in my assumption, please answer the attached poll. I don't expect to receive any political rants, nor do I intend to make any. How you vote is your business. I just want to scratch this curiosity bump.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke


    "I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

  2. #2
    Regular Member Huck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Evanston, Wyoming, USA
    Posts
    647

    Post imported post

    I'm "other". I dont affilliate myself with any political party. I'm strongly conservative but have no problem with change as long as it's change for the better.

    If there was a "anti-democrat" party I'd be a hardcore member!
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    PhenixCity, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    130

    Post imported post

    I consider myself a conserative republican / constuitionlist

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Springfield, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    737

    Post imported post

    My opinions are somewhat all over the place. I originally started out registering Independant, but thought I was a Democrat (The old "following the parents" routine). I hadsome liberal beliefs and actually voted for Clinton in my first election. ('92) Then a conservative co-worker and I started getting into discussions and I "saw the light" and generally became conservative. I started listening to Rush & Michael Reagan & Lars Larsen. I voted for Dole in '98 and voted for G. W. Bush twice, and I STILL am of the firm opinion that no matter what Bush has done,it was a far better choice than both alternatives).

    Lately though, I believe I've started to consider myself a Libertarian, but still far closer to Republican than Democrat. Both main parties have policies I don't particularly like, but ever since understanding the importance of it, gun rights are at the forefront of my mind when choosing to vote.

    So I answered the poll Independant, Mostly Libertarian

    ...Orygunner...

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    nowhere, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    252

    Post imported post

    I consider myself a Constitutionalist Reaganite .... Ievaluate candidates based on how strictly I think they'll follow the letter & intentof the Constitution & DOI, and how closely they'll follow Reagan's economic model. And like Reagan, I consider Socialisim & Communisim two of the world's most dangerous threats,with Communisim being replaced as the #1 evil empire byIslamic Theocracy.

    Hussein O. and friends think that they can negotiate with the Islamists, & will stick their heads in the ground when the UN/NATO doesn't have the balls, or force-of-will,to bring Islamic states like Iran to heel. They seem to be incapable of realizing that we're in effect fighting the 10th Crusade against a very dangerous Islamic bid for what amounts to world domination. It started in New York, so we've taken the fight to their backyards... to keep them there.

    It angers & scares the hell out of me to think that an un-American, Communist, defeatistlike Hussein O. stands a very real chance of becoming our 44th President. It boggles my mind to think that he & his ilk seriously believe that the Islamic terrorist hordes won't come flooding out of the failed state of Iraq, andbring their unholy war back to our shores & heartland.... and that he seriously believes that he can negotiate with Ahmadinejad, stop hisdevelopmentof nuclear weapons, and that he won't use nukes on us or Israel once he has them.

    On top of all that, Hussein O. will beginobstructing, and ultimately destroy every American citizen's RTKBA! If we leave Iraq (& Afghanistan)to collapse and become a breeding-ground andlaunch-pad for terrorists, with Iran providing the boost to send them over here, Hussein O. will be erasing America's last (and first!)line of defense.

    I feel that this election has gone beyond fixing a weak economy, Washington politics... first & foremost is national security. The corollary to who will keepa strong national security postureiswho will keep our 2nd Amendment intact & without restriction. Japan was afraid of invading us in WW2 because they knew the majority of our population was armed.... The Islamists are fully aware of the same, and thus they resort to stealth tactics and hope for a big score (i.e. 9/11). But if Hussein O. can disarm the American citizenry..... well..... the Islamists will get pretty bold.

    Remember Beslan?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    PhenixCity, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    130

    Post imported post

    AnaxImperator wrote:
    I consider myself a Constitutionalist Reaganite .... Ievaluate candidates based on how strictly I think they'll follow the letter & intentof the Constitution & DOI, and how closely they'll follow Reagan's economic model. And like Reagan, I consider Socialisim & Communisim two of the world's most dangerous threats,with Communisim being replaced as the #1 evil empire byIslamic Theocracy.

    Hussein O. and friends think that they can negotiate with the Islamists, & will stick their heads in the ground when the UN/NATO doesn't have the balls, or force-of-will,to bring Islamic states like Iran to heel. They seem to be incapable of realizing that we're in effect fighting the 10th Crusade against a very dangerous Islamic bid for what amounts to world domination. It started in New York, so we've taken the fight to their backyards... to keep them there.

    It angers & scares the hell out of me to think that an un-American, Communist, defeatistlike Hussein O. stands a very real chance of becoming our 44th President. It boggles my mind to think that he & his ilk seriously believe that the Islamic terrorist hordes won't come flooding out of the failed state of Iraq, andbring their unholy war back to our shores & heartland.... and that he seriously believes that he can negotiate with Ahmadinejad, stop hisdevelopmentof nuclear weapons, and that he won't use nukes on us or Israel once he has them.

    On top of all that, Hussein O. will beginobstructing, and ultimately destroy every American citizen's RTKBA! If we leave Iraq (& Afghanistan)to collapse and become a breeding-ground andlaunch-pad for terrorists, with Iran providing the boost to send them over here, Hussein O. will be erasing America's last (and first!)line of defense.

    I feel that this election has gone beyond fixing a weak economy, Washington politics... first & foremost is national security. The corollary to who will keepa strong national security postureiswho will keep our 2nd Amendment intact & without restriction. Japan was afraid of invading us in WW2 because they knew the majority of our population was armed.... The Islamists are fully aware of the same, and thus they resort to stealth tactics and hope for a big score (i.e. 9/11). But if Hussein O. can disarm the American citizenry..... well..... the Islamists will get pretty bold.

    Remember Beslan?
    I like his title better than mine so im adopting it :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    nowhere, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    252

    Post imported post

    45-ACP wrote:
    AnaxImperator wrote:
    I consider myself a Constitutionalist Reaganite .
    I like his title better than mine so im adopting it :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate
    Yup, I was proud of that one.

    BTW... The whole term is "Fiscally Conservative Constitutionalist Reaganite". :celebrate

  8. #8
    Regular Member Statesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    949

    Post imported post

    Aside from the fact I voted Libertarian in the poll, and the last election, I have two words

    RON PAUL!!!! :celebrate

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran Bookman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1,424

    Post imported post

    Thank you for your responses so far. And thanks for keeping it civil. I know it's hard sometimes, especially this election cycle, so your restraint is appreciated.

    At this point we have 19 votes. I notice that there are NO Democrats, and only one Independent (mostly Democrat). There are, however 2 Republicans, 3 Libertarians, 4 Independent (mostly Republican) and 6 Independent (mostly Libertarian), which is proving my observation to be true (so far).

    ETA: We also have 2 Other and 1 Don't vote.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke


    "I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

  10. #10
    Regular Member DEROS72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SEATAC, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,819

    Post imported post

    Absolutley conservative,christian gun totin REPUBLICAN.

  11. #11
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,297

    Post imported post

    Other: Single issue voter, RKBA first and foremost.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    78

    Post imported post

    Hard Libertarian. I would be considered a hard liberal on some issues and a hard conservative on others. The constant: StronglyLIMITED govt intervention on EVERY issue, EVERY time. Govt is FORCE, not reason.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Statesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    949

    Post imported post

    Bookman wrote:
    Thank you for your responses so far. And thanks for keeping it civil. I know it's hard sometimes, especially this election cycle, so your restraint is appreciated.

    At this point we have 19 votes. I notice that there are NO Democrats, and only one Independent (mostly Democrat). There are, however 2 Republicans, 3 Libertarians, 4 Independent (mostly Republican) and 6 Independent (mostly Libertarian), which is proving my observation to be true (so far).

    ETA: We also have 2 Other and 1 Don't vote.
    To all concerned. Be expecting this to show up on CNN or MSNBC "news".

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    19

    Post imported post

    I am a registered Republican. However, I consider myself a Conservative Constitutional Nationalist. I just wish that there was a mainstream party to belong to that espoused my views. The ones that exist now are part of or have very close ties to the White Supremacy Movement, which I do not want to be associated with.

  15. #15
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,713

    Post imported post



    nevermind

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , Oregon, USA
    Posts
    100

    Post imported post

    I consider myself an Independent American, without regards for any social or political clicks. I tend to lean Republican for one reason only. That would be because they seem to make the most sense out of the two senseless parties. But all political parties tell their members what they think; they want to hear and the crowds just eat it up. Just lip service to the masses.

    No one holds the politicians feet to the fire anymore and it is almost impossible to do it once they reach office. Once they where untouchable, are when the people lost control of their power over them.

    All political parties have become too concerned with ruling their constituents, rather than governing the affairs of the nation. So I could care less what party someone is in or throwing, because they are all the same. When will people realize, settling for a lesser evil is not any better than accepting the greater?



    And I’m so sick of hearing politicians say, “The American people want this or that.” I think most Americans would like to be left alone, unless the government is who they depend on for their standard of living. Which is just the way most politicians want it, dependants do not really have a voice and don’t bite the hand that feeds them. Most of America suffers from a co-dependency problem. The Gov needs revenue and the people need a baby sitter. That is just my opinion. But I for one do not need their guidance, handouts or their protection, I’ll just pay my taxes.



    The Constitution is our law. I’m sick of all politics and would like to see someone with some back bone for a change, instead of these jelly fish that just go whatever way the political tide is flowing. Just once I would like to hear someone running for office tell the People, “My job is to run the country not your business, health provider or save for your retirement buddy.” When this country wises up and starts ostracizing those petty rulers on county, state and city level offices, then the big petty rulers will get the idea and start worrying about someone holding their feet to a fire.

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    I'm sort of a cross between a conservative and a libertarian. I think that berfore we'll see a libertarian in the White House, the Libertarian party is going to have to prove itself on the local and state levels. Let the country see what it is made of.

    Right now I would never vote for a Democrat and I'd be hard pressed to waste a vote on a Libertarian presidential candidate. Let's get rid of the Democratic Party first.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961

    Post imported post

    Statesman wrote:
    Aside from the fact I voted Libertarian in the poll, and the last election, I have two words

    RON PAUL!!!! :celebrate
    +1 I would followRon Paulto the gates of hell.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitableand let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come . PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Walton County, Georgia, ,
    Posts
    475

    Post imported post

    I would consider myself mostly libertarian. I'll side with people regardless of party so long as their idea is about having less government. Too bad both major candidates are for more and not less government. Looks like I'll be writing in Ron Paul's name.

    Imagine, a candidate who isn't running anymore is more exciting than the two still in it.

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    839

    Post imported post

    I'm generally Libertarian. I used to call myself conservative when I thought that conservative meant an adherence to the conservative application of government. Now it seems to mean the advocation of bigger government to protect "conservative" values.

    The only issue I really take with Libertarians is Abortion, as far as I'm concerned Abortion is a 14th Amendment issue, a crime cannot depend on the age of the victim.

    About Regan's economic policy, I refer you to a short article by Lew Rockwell: http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...es/018976.html
    I believe in a full return to free capitalism.

    I also believe that our National Security and our RKBA go hand in hand. If our RKBA was protected as intended by the Constitution I have no doubts that out of a whole 747 full of passengers, someone would have been armed and 9/11 would have been another "True tale of self-defense". More important than build a wold empire to try to bring battles to this enemy, we need to make sure we are safe here by defending our right to defend ourselves and our country. Secondly, we need to stop empowering our enemies by giving dictators the political platforms that they use to gain power. Just as Hitler was able to use the effects of the US influenced Treaty of Versailles as a political platform to gain power in Germany, Islamo-Terrorists have used the defense of their countries soverignty against the UN and US as a political motivator for terrorist attacks. The violent fundamentalists have been around as long as the US has, but without a real political platform they had no followers to recruit. Since the 1970's when the US put Saddam in power the US has been heavily involved in manipulating Middle-Eastern affairs and violating the sovrignty of the nations we now have to defend ourselves against.

    That's where I stand, and I respect the differing opinions of anyone else who has taken time to research and educate themselves. Sadly in this country it seems that we prioritize making sure people get out and vote more than we prioritize making sure they know who, what and why they are voting.

  21. #21
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    839

    Post imported post

    N00blet45 wrote:
    I would consider myself mostly libertarian. I'll side with people regardless of party so long as their idea is about having less government. Too bad both major candidates are for more and not less government. Looks like I'll be writing in Ron Paul's name.

    Imagine, a candidate who isn't running anymore is more exciting than the two still in it.
    If you haven't taken time to look at him, check out Chuck Baldwin. He was endorsed at Ron Paul's Rally for the Republic.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    143

    Post imported post

    I am for which ever band-aid that slows down the bleeding. I only hope we find a cure for Democrats.

  23. #23
    Regular Member AZkopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    673

    Post imported post

    I'm from the strict Constitutionalist, limited government, fiscally responsible, states rights corner of the Republican tent. I respect the Libertarian party, but differ from them on illegal drug issues and illegal immigration issues.

  24. #24
    Regular Member Gene Beasley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    426

    Post imported post

    Some libertarian leanings, but not enough to sway me away from the GOP. I think one of the most important factors is putting solid Constitution supporting justices in the federal courts. With Stevens approaching 90 and Ginsburg mid 70's, I will not throw away my vote. This is the only place that we'll see any movement on issues that concern us.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Walton County, Georgia, ,
    Posts
    475

    Post imported post

    asforme wrote:
    N00blet45 wrote:
    I would consider myself mostly libertarian. I'll side with people regardless of party so long as their idea is about having less government. Too bad both major candidates are for more and not less government. Looks like I'll be writing in Ron Paul's name.

    Imagine, a candidate who isn't running anymore is more exciting than the two still in it.
    If you haven't taken time to look at him, check out Chuck Baldwin. He was endorsed at Ron Paul's Rally for the Republic.
    I doubt it'll make much difference if I vote for Baldwin, Barr, or Paul. I don't think either will be elected. It's really just a protest vote. I hope that enough people will vote for one of those three that it'll wake up some more people to the problems with our system.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •