• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Makarov help

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Never mind, I found the magic phrase to release the Mak slide.

I pulled the trigger while I had the slide shoved back, and off it came. :celebrate

Can't fool me, I'm too stupid! :p

nova

imported post

My bulgarian mak can be difficult sometimes...I can get it off no problem but sometimes it just won't go back on easily...so I found that lightly wapping against a padded surface (such as a carpeted floor :D ) gets the slide to seat properly without harming the gun or finish. Sometimes I have to think like a Russian to solve problems :lol:

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It rained today, so the boss decided that we'd have a gun cleaning day.

Tapped a bullet out of the barrel of a .22LR SA Colt and cleaned. The squib fire happened on me a couple weeks ago during gun safety course rnage shooting.

Finally got the slide off the Mak IJ-70 and cleaned it.

Cleaned his 7.65 (.32 cal) Nazi made Saurer that has the Eagle stamps with "N" below. Had a heck of a time getting the slide back "on" this one. It just didn't want to go down into the track right. I finally figured out to take my thumb and push the hammer down into the fully cocked position before installing the slide. Went right in.

Cleaned a few others, turning a rather damp day into good day. :D