• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AK Senator's comments to DOI

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Neat letter. These women from Alaska are something. Wow! I'm going up there this coming May, I may have to keep my eyes open. Guess it's all that fresh air.

BTW- Lisa Murkowski is the daughter of Ex-Governor Frank Murkowski. That's who Gov. Palin "defeated". When Frank was elected Gov., he appointed Lisa to his then vacated Senate seat. Anyway, thanks for posting that Mr. Y.

Huck

imported post

Sarah Palin, Lisa Murkowski, 2112! It looks like Alaskans really have it together.

I hear ya MetalChris, I may have to look into that. :)

BTW, I put Elmendorf, Eielson, King Salmon, and Galena on my dream sheet but ended up in Kalifornia. :cry:

MetalChris

imported post

Huck wrote:
I hear ya MetalChris, I may have to look into that. :)

BTW, I put Elmendorf, Eielson, King Salmon, and Galena on my dream sheet but ended up in Kalifornia. :cry:
That's why it's called a "dream sheet" :p

In all seriousness though, I didn't really put Elmendorf on my sheet...it's empty at the moment. Just bought a house and want to stick around for at least 4 years. :) When the time comes though it'll be at the top of my list though (right after Fairchild and McChord.)

falcon1

imported post

Statesman wrote:
Mr. Y wrote:
http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/ContentViewer?objectId=09000064806c14cd&disposition=attachment&contentType=pdf

I ran across this comment to DOI submitted by the Senator.

Honestly, it doesn't get any better than this.
"The state of Alaska also allows concealed carry without a permit."

WOW!!!! :celebrate
I think the main reason Alaska has a permit is so that other states have something to honor where CCW is concerned. Otherwise, their laws are pretty much like Vermont's on the issue--"illegal to carry with a view to commit crime."