• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chicago's gun laws

LEO 229

imported post

Do they work as well as DC?

Criminals do not follow the rules....

tarzan1888

MetalChris

imported post

I'd be willing to bet that about 119 of thosedeaths were gang related, between rival gangs.

Fine by me.

Deanimator

imported post

Just because 30+ people were shot in a weekend earlier this year doesn't mean their handgun ban isn't working... it's just a question of how you define the term "working"...

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

As a kid I grew up in Chicago. This was before the gun bans but since we didn't have money buying guns was out of the question anyhow. On the other hand we could make one in about 15 minutes. They weren't real accurate but if you stuck one in somebody's belly it didn't have to be. I wonder if this technology is lost forever, what with the bans and all.