• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sean Taylor Estate Auction in Bealton

vrwmiller

imported post

Source

Several of Sean Taylor's possessions going up for auction including a 9mm pistol...The article below did not specify time & location, nor could I locate it elsewhere.

ETA: Found another article with time & location....

The old Hugo's skating rink in Bealton starting at 5:00PM

Published: September 5, 2008

Redskins fans and curiosity seekers have a chance to own a piece of the late Sean Taylor’s life Friday when his Ashburn estate goes up for public auction in Bealeton.

Taylor, who was shot in his Miami home Nov. 26, was an all-pro safety for the Washington Redskins. He also owned a home in Ashburn, and 24 items from that estate will be up for bidding, including a Sigsauer 9mm pistol with laser scope, several pieces of furniture, fishing poles, a set of Redskins/Cowboys pool balls and a spear gun.

Brooks Auction Transfer LLC in Bealeton will host the auction, which will also include other unrelated items from local consigners. Furnishings from Taylor’s estate will be identified by the No. 21, his Redskins jersey number. Proceeds, minus commission, will go to a trust fund for Taylor’s 2-year-old daughter.

“We’re expecting a large crowd,” auctioneer Tom Brooks said.

Brooks does not expect anyone from Taylor’s family or the Redskins to be at the auction, but he is trying to get a signed football from the team donated.

The Redskins open their season tonight in New York against the Giants, with second-year safety LaRon Landry continuing to fill the void left by Taylor.

Catherine Amos can be reached at 825-0771 ext. 138 or camos@starexponent.com

zoom6zoom

imported post

The value of the gun is hard to measure, as no model number is given, plus what they mean by a "laser scope" is a bit vague. Expensive EOTech or Aimpoint, or a thirty dollar Leapers red dot?

As far as who owned it previously, I guess that would mean something to a fan of the team or player but I am neither.