Thread: ART IN THE PARK

Post imported post

Just wondered if anyone is going; fun event and quite an opportunity to educate at a well-publicized, well-attended, open-to-the-public event.

Post imported post

When is it? I will more than likely be there... I am also looking forward to the Hyde Park Street Fair

Post imported post

I hope you guys have fun! I have not yet been able to carry to any public gatherings because of Georgia's infringements. :?

Post imported post

I OCed there on Friday for a couple hours. No comments or strange looks. I didn't even see anyone that noticed.

Post imported post

OCed there today for about an hour and a half with one of my best friends. Her and I walked around, stopped into numerous booths and passed several officers. Not one comment or question about my rather obvious G19 and spare mag. Ended up buying a really cool hat and got to see some sweet art.

Post imported post

Saint wrote:
    and passed several officers. Not one comment or question about my rather obvious G19 and spare mag.
    I think you on the officers are on a first name basis now?

Post imported post

Kudos to the public!

The police usually don't blink an eye now when they see me OC, like they did for you. I've even had officers tell me they support what I'm doing. But BPD has a policy of responding every time somebody calls the police because somebody's carrying a gun. Our message is getting out if nobody made that call. Also talking to the BPD, I know that 911 dispatchers don't take the time to inform the public about Idaho gun laws, instead they often dispatch the police. A Boise officer said they have to do this for liability purposes. I'm hoping this policy has changed, of necessity, because so many of us are doing it now. There are two responses I'm satisfied with on the part of the public. Either they see us with a gun and get an education and appreciation of Idaho culture, or they go home, pack their bags, and move back to whatever blue state they came from. Our gun laws are just like our motto:

Esto Perpetua!

It is forever!

Post imported post

563 wrote:
    Saint wrote:
    and passed several officers. Not one comment or question about my rather obvious G19 and spare mag.
    I think you on the officers are on a first name basis now?
    Lol indeed. BPD was providing event security so I wasn't expecting any bad encounters. Enough of the officers know me or are already totally comfortable with OC that it would have greatly shocked me to be confronted

Post imported post

idahomilitia wrote:
    Kudos to the public!

The police usually don't blink an eye now when they see me OC, like they did for you. I've even had officers tell me they support what I'm doing. But BPD has a policy of responding every time somebody calls the police because somebody's carrying a gun. Our message is getting out if nobody made that call. Also talking to the BPD, I know that 911 dispatchers don't take the time to inform the public about Idaho gun laws, instead they often dispatch the police. A Boise officer said they have to do this for liability purposes. I'm hoping this policy has changed, of necessity, because so many of us are doing it now. There are two responses I'm satisfied with on the part of the public. Either they see us with a gun and get an education and appreciation of Idaho culture, or they go home, pack their bags, and move back to whatever blue state they came from. Our gun laws are just like our motto:

Esto Perpetua!

It is forever!
    It would be the Ada County Sheriff who runs dispatch.......... if you have a problem with dispatch and its notification or other procedures you should know its not BPD who serves that function.

Post imported post

Personally, I think its fine that they respond when there is a 911 call. They should respond to any 911 call...too many times someone DIDN'T dispatch someone when they should have because they thought it was a prank or a kid playing.

Through education of the public, calls like this will happen less often and allow our emergency services to focus on the real problems; but they need to come when called.

Art in the Park sounded fun...I hope I get a chance to attend next year.