• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woman kills intruder with his own gun

just_a_car

imported post

Investigators say the couple were just defending their family and probably won't be charged.

PROBABLY?!

They better not be charged or the PD are going to be whimpering back to the station holding their butts from the reaming they get from a civil suit.

Good on both the mother and the father... That's what a real parent does to protect their children. Calling 911 could have and probably would have gotten an innocent person killed.

GaOwlPoop

imported post

I was thinking the same thing as just-a-car. What sort of a mess do we have when two scum balls enter a house armed and the homeowners must fight for their lives then the "Investigators say the couple were just defending their family and probably won't be charged.

Triple Tap

imported post

GaOwlPoop wrote:
I was thinking the same thing as just-a-car. What sort of a mess do we have when two scum balls enter a house armed and the homeowners must fight for their lives then the "Investigators say the couple were just defending their family and probably won't be charged.
A big one, as we here can all see. Why the general public and politicians cant see this mess is the question.

MetalChris

imported post

Investigators say the couple were just defending their family and due to Texas' kickass self defense laws, will definitely not be charged.

Hooah!

holeinhead

imported post

Probably? :banghead:

Jeez, with that kind of language, I may need to keep a book with all the RCW's and Federal law with me if someone ever attacks me, just so I "probably" won't get charged when I defend myself.

scoobydoo6906

imported post

Proof that the only people that gun control benifits are crimanals. I don't know squat about anything but I have the right to defend myslef and family anywere, and most certainly in my home. What are they posibly going to charge her with? discharging a firearm in city limits or maybe attemped theft!?. My question to them would be what would you have done in her place? The best part is we are looked at like we are paranoid freaks for carrieing a gun to defend ourselfs, and family, and maybe even a stranger. The facts are that crimanals are more protected in your home or were ever you are than you are. People are being sued in cival court because they shot a "helpless" man chargeing at them with a knife, or because "they shot my poor son who broke in and only tryed to rob them at gunpoint" Does that not sound a little bit obserd?