• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Palin visit in Va Bch 18 Sept

Nozoki

imported post

BTW, I have no problem with Palin's duaghter getting knocked up. I'm pretty liberal about those things.It's just funny to me that now she's considered a hero for being an unwed pregnant teen by the party that pushes for abstinance only education and used to have a pretty strong stance against teen pregnancy. Maybe they only meant thatfor the poor and the colored people.

And I get to see so much anti-Democrat talk in here I just thought I'd toss it out there to mix it up a bit. Sorry to intrude. Carry on.

Prophet

imported post

Maybe they view her as a "hero" to use your word because she chose to take responsibility for her actions instead of just aborting. If she did abort i have no doubt that the liberal elite would be praising her for her decision. Since she decided to take responsibility (as did her future husband) the left is going to smear her and her mother. One could point out that abstinence would have prevented her getting pregnant 100%. Its the only form of birth control that can make such a claim. But its hard when you have the majority of Hollywood portraying NOT having sex as some deviant personality trait. Even the Jonas brothers get bashed for promoting promise rings.

And to respond to your little snip about family values...this actually is a potent story about family values from the viewpoint of pro-lifers who choose to accept their choices and have a child and start a family.

And your little glib comment about rascism just shows your ignorant and slanted viewpoint against Sarah Palin and the republicans. I find thatsmall minds quickly revert to the basest of arguments when they cannot substantiate their outlandish claims.

Neplusultra

imported post

Nozoki wrote:
BTW, I have no problem with Palin's duaghter getting knocked up. I'm pretty liberal about those things.It's just funny to me that now she's considered a hero for being an unwed pregnant teen by the party that pushes for abstinance only education and used to have a pretty strong stance against teen pregnancy. Maybe they only meant thatfor the poor and the colored people.

And I get to see so much anti-Democrat talk in here I just thought I'd toss it out there to mix it up a bit. Sorry to intrude. Carry on.
I'm afraid you greatly misjudge the Republican/Conservative position on teen pregnancy and sex ed. :? "See, it doesn't work!" is a lot easier than showing how it does. Her pregnancy is not a "good" thing but it is something to congratulate them for since she decided not to kill her child *and* (unlike urban black culture) the father has taken on his responsibility to be a father and husband to them both The father choosing to actually be *present* and thus giving meaning to the terms "father and husband".

TexasNative

imported post

I'm sorry, I seem to have lost the thread here. What the hell does this have to do with open carry? Or even guns in general?

Nozoki

imported post

Prophet wrote:
Maybe they view her as a "hero" to use your word because she chose to take responsibility for her actions instead of just aborting. If she did abort i have no doubt that the liberal elite would be praising her for her decision. Since she decided to take responsibility (as did her future husband) the left is going to smear her and her mother. One could point out that abstinence would have prevented her getting pregnant 100%. Its the only form of birth control that can make such a claim. But its hard when you have the majority of Hollywood portraying NOT having sex as some deviant personality trait. Even the Jonas brothers get bashed for promoting promise rings.

And to respond to your little snip about family values...this actually is a potent story about family values from the viewpoint of pro-lifers who choose to accept their choices and have a child and start a family.

And your little glib comment about rascism just shows your ignorant and slanted viewpoint against Sarah Palin and the republicans. I find thatsmall minds quickly revert to the basest of arguments when they cannot substantiate their outlandish claims.
Well, I got the 'hero' thing from an earlier post that says she deserves a medal.But I agree that she should be congratulated for deciding not to abort. I think you should take responsibility for your actions. I also believe that we are animals, and our biological objective is to mate and reproduce. No matter how much we try to convince our kids' minds that they should wait, their bodies are screaming for them to carry on the species. So while abstinance is 100% effective if practiced, the reality is humans like sex. It's been happening forever.

We have been trying to keep our kids from becoming adults until later and later, mentally. So today's teens are very ill prepared for the responsibilities that come with the actions that they feel compelled to do. And unfortunately, not everyone is from a financially stable background, so we wind up withgirls having kids they can't afford to take care of, and the fathers are getting the hell out because they can't deal with it.

I have to get back to work, but thanks for all the replies, (except the one telling me I don't belong here), they have been informative.

ButI still think promise rings arecreepy.

TexasNative

imported post

Not to repeat myself, but since I'm being ignored...

...what the hell does this discussion have to do with open carry?

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

That's part of the game TexasNative...like 6deg of Kevin Bacon...Promise rings keep people from getting pregnant, the Jonas Brothers wear promise rings, there's a Jonas Bro who is the same age as the Palin daughter, the Palin daughter is pregnant since she didn't have a promise ring, her mom is running for VP of the country, her mom supports open carry.

What do I win?:D

Bubba Ron

imported post

Nozoki wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:
Nozoki wrote:
Will she have her unwed pregnant daughter with her to talk about family values?
You're on the wrong website boy...

Really? Care to explain why? Are only Republicans allowed to own guns and makesmart-ass comments about the opposing political party?

And I haven't been a boy for some time now. I'll accept Sir, Dude, Brother, Man, Sport, Chief, and evenHoss if you must.
Your comment has NOTHING to do with Open Carry.

Neplusultra

imported post

TexasNative wrote:
Not to repeat myself, but since I'm being ignored...

...what the hell does this discussion have to do with open carry?
Sex, guns and alcohol. You say the relationship is not obvious???? :D I forgot, tobacco too.

model-atf-K375.jpg

sprat

imported post

Quote"A troll would tell you to go &%^$%%& your mother.

Children should alsobe banned from this site, I guess we are bound to attract a small percent of losers/children/trolls

sprat

Nozoki

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Nozoki wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:
Nozoki wrote:
Will she have her unwed pregnant daughter with her to talk about family values?
You're on the wrong website boy...

Really? Care to explain why? Are only Republicans allowed to own guns and makesmart-ass comments about the opposing political party?

And I haven't been a boy for some time now. I'll accept Sir, Dude, Brother, Man, Sport, Chief, and evenHoss if you must.
Your comment has NOTHING to do with Open Carry.

This entire thread has nothing to do with Open Carry. The original post was-
TheVirginia Pilot newspaper today mentioned that Sarah Palin will appear in Virginia Beach on 18 September. There were no further details with regard to location.

Didn't Biden only have a couple hundred show up at the convention center?

DocV

So your reasonthat I'm not welcomein this thread is not valid.So again I ask, why am I, according to you, not welcome not just in this thread but this whole website?

Nozoki

imported post

sprat wrote:
Quote"A troll would tell you to go &%^$%%& your mother.

Children should alsobe banned from this site, I guess we are bound to attract a small percent of losers/children/trolls

sprat
I responded to your post in such a manner because I don't appreciate that you suggest I be bannedfor my post. I am neither a loser, a child, or a troll. Thanks for the name calling, though. It really takes me back to kindergarten.