Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1911 owners how many mags are enough

Post imported post

I somehow have ended up with quite a collection mags. I have 9 eight rounders and 1 ten rounder. Do I need or want that many? I just use the same 3 over and over at the range. I may want to thin these out a bit but maybe I should hang on to them? I only have 4 for my XD and that seems sufficient.

Post imported post

My opinion, you can never have to many. I have over 20 for my G17 and close to 80 mags for 2 Ar15's. I do not use them all, some are put away for a rainy day or to replace my main ones if needed.

Post imported post

Mags wear our, spring go bad and if there is ever a SHTF situation, where are you gonna buy new mags? I still have brand new mags sitting on the shelffor all our semi-auto handguns. I even have a box of new 30 round mags for both my AK copies and my SKS.

Post imported post

You can NEVER have enough mags.

I have somewhere around 300-400 mags ( maybe more ) and I am always on the hunt for more.

Post imported post

I've got 2 of the 7 rd mags, planning on getting quite a few more, and a couple of the 8 rd mags for daily carry.

Post imported post

Atcompetitions or training classes, the two best venues for building and retaining one's shooting skills/tactics, there is virtually no such thing as having too many magazines. That is especially true at shooting schools, wheremore time spent re-stoking magazines means less time pulling the trigger.

Post imported post

Depends on how many zombies you need to kill when they rush you before you have to start reloading. I guess in that case it also depends on how many bullets.

Post imported post

4 for my full size SIG GSR, 2 for the C3 GSR--Commander slide/Officer's frame. The full size fit the smaller pistol, as well. And 3 for my Hi-Power. To me, that's plenty--8 in the full size, 7 in the Officer's length and 13 in the HP's provide plenty of firepower.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Post imported post

Prophet wrote:
    Depends on how many zombies you need to kill when they rush you before you have to start reloading. I guess in that case it also depends on how many bullets.
    You obviously have never been in combat to make this statement.

Post imported post

StrkAliteN wrote:
    You can NEVER have enough mags.

I have somewhere around 300-400 mags ( maybe more ) and I am always on the hunt for more.
    :what:

Post imported post

Nosrac wrote:
    I somehow have ended up with quite a collection mags. I have 9 eight rounders and 1 ten rounder. Do I need or want that many? I just use the same 3 over and over at the range. I may want to thin these out a bit but maybe I should hang on to them? I only have 4 for my XD and that seems sufficient.
    The question is, for what application do I need X number of mags? It depends on the application. For a firing range, it would seem prudent you would only need 4, as you state in your case.

If all you ever plan to do is shoot at the gun range, then you only need 4 working mags. What if you have a state of emergency in your state, like in New Orleans? Will 4 mags suit your needs for self defense from looters, murderers, and rapists? What if Russian/Chinese Storm Troopers invade America? Alien invasion? :celebrate

Each person has different needs, perceived or actual.

I think posts here speaking to worn out or broken mags are sufficient enough to retain a large number.

Post imported post

I don't really know. Maybe 8-10for the 1911... 2 of em are 18 rounds... 2 are 13 rounds or somethin'. 'Was lookin' at a 40 round drum yesterday at a gun show. My 1911 can accept a shoulder stock... and 'have the 16" barrel.

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Depends on how many zombies you need to kill when they rush you before you have to start reloading.¬* I guess in that case it also depends on how many bullets.
    First off, you shouldn't make assumptions. Secondly, i thought it rather obvious that I was making a joke...you know...the fact that i was talking about zombies. Thirdly, I'm not sure how my reference to the walking undead equates to my combat experience.

Post imported post

Prophet wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    First off, you shouldn't make assumptions. Secondly, i thought it rather obvious that I was making a joke...you know...the fact that i was talking about zombies. Thirdly, I'm not sure how my reference to the walking undead equates to my combat experience.
    You want to joke on the internet, you need to learn to use the emoticons. It's a real bitch deciphering your tone of voicefrom the printed word.

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Depends on how many zombies you need to kill when they rush you before you have to start reloading.¬* I guess in that case it also depends on how many bullets.
    You want to joke on the internet,¬* you need to learn to use the emoticons.¬* It's a real bitch deciphering your tone of voice¬*from the printed word.
    Who are you...the internet police? Im talking about ZOMBIES...the walking UN-DEAD. If that doesn't clue you into the fact I was joking either you believe zombies exist (in which case i suggest Max Brooks book on how to survive a zombie attack) or you really need to find a sense of humor. :celebrate

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    I don't really know. Maybe 8-10for the 1911... 2 of em are 18 rounds... 2 are 13 rounds or somethin'. 'Was lookin' at a 40 round drum yesterday at a gun show. My 1911 can accept a shoulder stock... and 'have the 16" barrel.
    I'm not going to say that there is no such thing as a functional 40 round drum for a 1911--just that I've never seen one in person, or even heard a verifiable second-hand account of such a beast.If you get hold of one that works, many people would appreciate knowing the particulars of who made it. Thank you in advance.

Post imported post

Brian D. wrote:
    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    I'm not going to say that there is no such thing as a functional 40 round drum for a 1911--just that I've never seen one in person, or even heard a verifiable second-hand account of such a beast.If you get hold of one that works, many people would appreciate knowing the particulars of who made it. Thank you in advance.
    I held both 20 and 40 round drum mags fora 1911-A1in my sweaty paws yesterday. I've seen them in various catalogs including Sportsmans Guide. However...

http://www.firequest.com/catalog/MG445moreinfo.html

Post imported post

Prophet wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    You want to joke on the internet, you need to learn to use the emoticons. It's a real bitch deciphering your tone of voicefrom the printed word.
    Who are you...the internet police? Im talking about ZOMBIES...the walking UN-DEAD. If that doesn't clue you into the fact I was joking either you believe zombies exist (in which case i suggest Max Brooks book on how to survive a zombie attack) or you really need to find a sense of humor. :celebrate
    You want people to understand you but you appear to be to stupid to do what is necessary to do that. Internet police?, not hardly, but when you get misunderstood because of your poor communication skills and someone tells you how to do it so as not to be misunderstood. Then you attack them again for trying to help you, then you are the idiot who refuses to learn from your stupid mistakes. So please continue thru life being stupid. Far be it from me to make things easier for you.

Post imported post

Hey... 45/70... Who pee'd in your cornflakes this mornin'? It was a joke. I got it. But... yer wound WAY too TITE. You outt'a coffee or somethin'? Sheesh!

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    Hey... 45/70... Who pee'd in your cornflakes this mornin'? It was a joke. I got it. But... yer wound WAY too TITE. You outt'a coffee or somethin'? Sheesh!
    I don't like morons who can't learn from their mistakes. If one wishespeople to recognize that they are being funny when using the written word,one needs to use the tools made available to show what you mean exactly.If you are to stupid to to use those tools, wellI have no tolerance for that stupidity. If no one corrects them because of being PC then the idiot has an excuse to continue down the miscommunication road. I like to make use they no longer have that excuse, whether it hurts the tender little feelings or not. The dumbing down of our society should be a crime.

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    I don't like morons who can't learn from their mistakes. If one wishespeople to recognize that they are being funny when using the written word,one needs to use the tools made available to show what you mean exactly.If you are to stupid to to use those tools, wellI have no tolerance for that stupidity. If no one corrects them because of being PC then the idiot has an excuse to continue down the miscommunication road. I like to make use they no longer have that excuse, whether it hurts the tender little feelings or not. The dumbing down of our society should be a crime.
    'Reckon that's all in perception ain't it pard? Maybe some people don't use the emoticons... but that's their choice.

'Looks like the zombies are re-groupin' for a counter assault... 'Time to man the walls.

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    'Reckon that's all in perception ain't it pard? Maybe some people don't use the emoticons... but that's their choice.

'Looks like the zombies are re-groupin' for a counter assault... 'Time to man the walls.
    Hey, Sonora Rebel, you didn't use the emoticons. He may not get it.

Edit: Forgot my emoticon
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:

I don't like morons who can't learn from their mistakes.¬* If one wishes¬*people to recognize that they are being funny when using the written word,¬*¬*one needs to use the tools made available to show what you mean exactly.¬*¬*¬*If you are to stupid to to use those tools,¬* well¬*I have no tolerance for that stupidity.¬* If no one corrects them because of being PC then the idiot has an excuse to continue down the miscommunication road.¬* I like to make use they no longer have that excuse, whether it hurts the tender little feelings or not.¬* The dumbing down of our society should be a crime.
    I'm sorry that you do not have the cranial capacity to actually read the subtleties of a joke...i mean...i can see how missing the zombie reference could be real easy for someone who just skips the words and just looks for the pictures. Without pictures, however are you to understand what the grownups are talking about? I'm sure you have a very nice collection of Clifford the Big Red Dog in your library so I can see how the need to read more than one sentence at a time might be difficult for you.

But you are right...and i'll utilize what you just said so you understand EXACTLY what i'm talking about: if one wishes people to recognize that they are being funny when using the written word, one needs to use smaller words and pretty pictures so that the simpleton reader who would otherwise cry about being too anally retentive won't bitch and moan. One would think the mental tools made available to any high school educated adult human being (and some chimps i'm sure) could be utilized to show what you mean exactly. If they are to stupid to to use those tools, or too busy flinging their own feces, well I have no tolerance for that stupidity. Soooo...looky looky looky...:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:c elebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:c elebrate whose a big boy who likes bananas? whose a big boy who likes bananas?

Don't cry bear 45/70...now think real real hard

don't hurt yourself now

do you think you know who likes bananas and books with lots of pictures?

Its ok...you don't have to be nervous bear...whose a big boy who likes bananas?

THATS RIGHT BEAR 45/70 YOU'RE THE BIG BOY WHO LIKES BANANA'S...yer such a smarty

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate

I...HOPE...YOU...COULD...FOLLOW...THAT

Post imported post

Post imported post

Prophet wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:

I'm sorry that you do not have the cranial capacity to actually read the subtleties of a joke...i mean...i can see how missing the zombie reference could be real easy for someone who just skips the words and just looks for the pictures. Without pictures, however are you to understand what the grownups are talking about? I'm sure you have a very nice collection of Clifford the Big Red Dog in your library so I can see how the need to read more than one sentence at a time might be difficult for you.

But you are right...and i'll utilize what you just said so you understand EXACTLY what i'm talking about: if one wishes people to recognize that they are being funny when using the written word, one needs to use smaller words and pretty pictures so that the simpleton reader who would otherwise cry about being too anally retentive won't bitch and moan. One would think the mental tools made available to any high school educated adult human being (and some chimps i'm sure) could be utilized to show what you mean exactly. If they are to stupid to to use those tools, or too busy flinging their own feces, well I have no tolerance for that stupidity. Soooo...looky looky looky...:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:c elebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:c elebrate whose a big boy who likes bananas? whose a big boy who likes bananas?

Don't cry bear 45/70...now think real real hard

don't hurt yourself now

do you think you know who likes bananas and books with lots of pictures?

Its ok...you don't have to be nervous bear...whose a big boy who likes bananas?

THATS RIGHT BEAR 45/70 YOU'RE THE BIG BOY WHO LIKES BANANA'S...yer such a smarty

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate

I...HOPE...YOU...COULD...FOLLOW...THAT
    What the problem is mainly that you just don't get it. The way he worded the little comment was basically saying you don't need lots of mags because he refuses to communicate effectively. But then if he spends most of his time dealing with morons like you I can see why he doesn't have too. I think I will leave the shallow end of the gene pool now and go speak with adults now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast