• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1911 owners how many mags are enough

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
Hey... 45/70... Who pee'd in your cornflakes this mornin'? It was a joke. I got it. But... yer wound WAY too TITE. You outt'a coffee or somethin'? Sheesh!
I don't like morons who can't learn from their mistakes. If one wishespeople to recognize that they are being funny when using the written word,one needs to use the tools made available to show what you mean exactly.If you are to stupid to to use those tools, wellI have no tolerance for that stupidity. If no one corrects them because of being PC then the idiot has an excuse to continue down the miscommunication road. I like to make use they no longer have that excuse, whether it hurts the tender little feelings or not. The dumbing down of our society should be a crime.

'Reckon that's all in perception ain't it pard? Maybe some people don't use the emoticons... but that's their choice.

'Looks like the zombies are re-groupin' for a counter assault... 'Time to man the walls.

rodbender

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
Hey... 45/70... Who pee'd in your cornflakes this mornin'? It was a joke. I got it. But... yer wound WAY too TITE. You outt'a coffee or somethin'? Sheesh!
I don't like morons who can't learn from their mistakes. If one wishespeople to recognize that they are being funny when using the written word,one needs to use the tools made available to show what you mean exactly.If you are to stupid to to use those tools, wellI have no tolerance for that stupidity. If no one corrects them because of being PC then the idiot has an excuse to continue down the miscommunication road. I like to make use they no longer have that excuse, whether it hurts the tender little feelings or not. The dumbing down of our society should be a crime.

'Reckon that's all in perception ain't it pard? Maybe some people don't use the emoticons... but that's their choice.

'Looks like the zombies are re-groupin' for a counter assault... 'Time to man the walls.

Hey, Sonora Rebel, you didn't use the emoticons. He may not get it.;)

Edit: Forgot my emoticon:banghead:

Prophet

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:

I don't like morons who can't learn from their mistakes.  If one wishes people to recognize that they are being funny when using the written word,  one needs to use the tools made available to show what you mean exactly.   If you are to stupid to to use those tools,  well I have no tolerance for that stupidity.  If no one corrects them because of being PC then the idiot has an excuse to continue down the miscommunication road.  I like to make use they no longer have that excuse, whether it hurts the tender little feelings or not.  The dumbing down of our society should be a crime.

I'm sorry that you do not have the cranial capacity to actually read the subtleties of a joke...i mean...i can see how missing the zombie reference could be real easy for someone who just skips the words and just looks for the pictures. Without pictures, however are you to understand what the grownups are talking about? I'm sure you have a very nice collection of Clifford the Big Red Dog in your library so I can see how the need to read more than one sentence at a time might be difficult for you.

But you are right...and i'll utilize what you just said so you understand EXACTLY what i'm talking about: if one wishes people to recognize that they are being funny when using the written word, one needs to use smaller words and pretty pictures so that the simpleton reader who would otherwise cry about being too anally retentive won't bitch and moan. One would think the mental tools made available to any high school educated adult human being (and some chimps i'm sure) could be utilized to show what you mean exactly. If they are to stupid to to use those tools, or too busy flinging their own feces, well I have no tolerance for that stupidity. Soooo...looky looky looky...:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate whose a big boy who likes bananas? whose a big boy who likes bananas?

:cry: Don't cry bear 45/70...now think real real hard

:banghead: don't hurt yourself now

:idea: do you think you know who likes bananas and books with lots of pictures?

:uhoh: Its ok...you don't have to be nervous bear...whose a big boy who likes bananas?

:D THATS RIGHT BEAR 45/70 YOU'RE THE BIG BOY WHO LIKES BANANA'S...yer such a smarty

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

I...HOPE...YOU...COULD...FOLLOW...THAT

Statesman

imported post

zombie-cat.jpg

Bear 45/70

imported post

Prophet wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

I'm sorry that you do not have the cranial capacity to actually read the subtleties of a joke...i mean...i can see how missing the zombie reference could be real easy for someone who just skips the words and just looks for the pictures. Without pictures, however are you to understand what the grownups are talking about? I'm sure you have a very nice collection of Clifford the Big Red Dog in your library so I can see how the need to read more than one sentence at a time might be difficult for you.

But you are right...and i'll utilize what you just said so you understand EXACTLY what i'm talking about: if one wishes people to recognize that they are being funny when using the written word, one needs to use smaller words and pretty pictures so that the simpleton reader who would otherwise cry about being too anally retentive won't bitch and moan. One would think the mental tools made available to any high school educated adult human being (and some chimps i'm sure) could be utilized to show what you mean exactly. If they are to stupid to to use those tools, or too busy flinging their own feces, well I have no tolerance for that stupidity. Soooo...looky looky looky...:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate whose a big boy who likes bananas? whose a big boy who likes bananas?

:cry: Don't cry bear 45/70...now think real real hard

:banghead: don't hurt yourself now

:idea: do you think you know who likes bananas and books with lots of pictures?

:uhoh: Its ok...you don't have to be nervous bear...whose a big boy who likes bananas?

:D THATS RIGHT BEAR 45/70 YOU'RE THE BIG BOY WHO LIKES BANANA'S...yer such a smarty

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

I...HOPE...YOU...COULD...FOLLOW...THAT
What the problem is mainly that you just don't get it. The way he worded the little comment was basically saying you don't need lots of mags because he refuses to communicate effectively. But then if he spends most of his time dealing with morons like you I can see why he doesn't have too. I think I will leave the shallow end of the gene pool now and go speak with adults now.

Brian D.

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Brian D. wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
I don't really know. Maybe 8-10for the 1911... 2 of em are 18 rounds... 2 are 13 rounds or somethin'. 'Was lookin' at a 40 round drum yesterday at a gun show. My 1911 can accept a shoulder stock... and 'have the 16" barrel.
I'm not going to say that there is no such thing as a functional 40 round drum for a 1911--just that I've never seen one in person, or even heard a verifiable second-hand account of such a beast.If you get hold of one that works, many people would appreciate knowing the particulars of who made it. Thank you in advance.
I held both 20 and 40 round drum mags fora 1911-A1in my sweaty paws yesterday. I've seen them in various catalogs including Sportsmans Guide. However...

http://www.firequest.com/catalog/MG445moreinfo.html
Maybe for clarification I should have stressed the word 'FUNCTIONAL' in my earlier post. Various outfits have been making such hi cap drums for the 1911 pistols for many years,I just haven't seen any of them work well, if at all.

esstac

imported post

Prophet wrote:
Depends on how many zombies you need to kill when they rush you before you have to start reloading. I guess in that case it also depends on how many bullets :lol:.

Fixed it for yah, but honestly I "Got it" before the smiling packman dude.

If were talking Zombies, then I would prefer a belt fed .22 :cool: (notice the smiley so I don't get railroaded :p )

Prophet

imported post

David.Car wrote:
With the way this thread has turned... This is my contribution...

internet_serious_business.jpg

David, i started to laugh...but when i didn't see an emoticon i realized that the picture wasn't a joke. I sure hope that little girl is ok.

rodbender

imported post

EMOTICONS, GUYS. YOU'VE GOT TO REMEMBER THE EMOTICONS. I SWEAR, SENT YOU TO SCHOOL AND ALL YOU DO IS EAT THE COVERS OFF THE BOOKS.:banghead:

Gunslinger

imported post

Prophet wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Prophet wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Prophet wrote:
Depends on how many zombies you need to kill when they rush you before you have to start reloading. I guess in that case it also depends on how many bullets.
You obviously have never been in combat to make this statement.
rolleyes.gif

First off, you shouldn't make assumptions. Secondly, i thought it rather obvious that I was making a joke...you know...the fact that i was talking about zombies. Thirdly, I'm not sure how my reference to the walking undead equates to my combat experience.
You want to joke on the internet, you need to learn to use the emoticons. It's a real bitch deciphering your tone of voicefrom the printed word.
rolleyes.gif

Who are you...the internet police? Im talking about ZOMBIES...the walking UN-DEAD. If that doesn't clue you into the fact I was joking either you believe zombies exist (in which case i suggest Max Brooks book on how to survive a zombie attack) or you really need to find a sense of humor. :celebrate
Waita minute...are you saying you don't think zombies are real? Did you ever see nancy pelosi???:what:

buster81

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
The dumbing down of our society should be a crime.

Perhaps the smartening up of our grammar should be encouraged. :):(;):D:p:X:?:shock::cool::dude::arrow::cuss::idea::cry::lol::banghead::question::what::celebrate:quirky:monkey

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Enough to keep a stedy supply going into the gun. Now do you have enough family
members to reload the empty mags, this is more important to keep up the defenses.

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

How many magazines do you need?
That would depend on if you read the articles or just look at the pictures!:what:
Oh... Oops.. Wrong kind of magazine.....:uhoh:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
How many magazines do you need?
That would depend on if you read the articles or just look at the pictures!:what:
You mean, it depends upon whether you can actually read, or are like Bear.

Gordie

imported post

If I'm at a match I like to have 3 times as many as I need in any one match-up. Sometimes I get called back up to shoot before I have time to reload, especially toward the end of the day.

Since my wife also shoots my gun, we sometimes shoot back to back, extras come in real handy.