Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shopping in Frankenmuth

Post imported post

Well, I've wanted to get something together for a while now, but now with the incident ruger had with the chief in Frankenmuth (http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/15720.html), I think it's definitely time to get together here.

There are a lot of nice shops downtown, and the River Place has some nice shops as well. I think it would be nice to start with a picnic somewhere like Heritage Park, those of us who want to can fish in the Cass River (I wouldn't keep anything you catch, it's not that clean), and then we can walk across the famous wooden bridge, and go shopping for a bit.

So, what say you? Unfortunately, I'm pretty busy on weekends for the rest of the month. I do have the 21st open, if enough people could make it that day.

Let me know what you think.

Post imported post

SQLtables wrote:
    Well, I've wanted to get something together for a while now, but now with the incident ruger had with the chief in Frankenmuth (http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/15720.html), I think it's definitely time to get together here.

There are a lot of nice shops downtown, and the River Place has some nice shops as well. I think it would be nice to start with a picnic somewhere like Heritage Park, those of us who want to can fish in the Cass River (I wouldn't keep anything you catch, it's not that clean), and then we can walk across the famous wooden bridge, and go shopping for a bit.

So, what say you? Unfortunately, I'm pretty busy on weekends for the rest of the month. I do have the 21st open, if enough people could make it that day.

Let me know what you think.
    hmmmmm.... i havent been fishing all year. the 21st you say. i dont know about that. FedEx is adding a new shift at the hub starting this monday and so now we get to work weekends!!!! we are not too happy about this. but i will see how our new work weeks are before i agree to any set thing.

Post imported post

Sounds like fun. We have visited Frankenmuth several times and have always enjoyed ourselves. Lets make this happen.

Post imported post

i am in what ever day and times you all come up with.

Post imported post

Sundays are best for me. We have the show on the 6th and the 20th, and the charity event on the 13th. So the 21st or the 28th would be good.

Post imported post

Members, let me know what day, time and specific place to meet in Frankenmuth and I'll create the post in the Schedule Thread.

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    Members, let me know what day, time and specific place to meet in Frankenmuth and I'll create the post in the Schedule Thread.
    Yeah it's about time you did something LoL just kidding.

Back O.T. We need interested people to speak their minds in regards to dates and times so we can get this off the ground. The number of hits to this thread versus replies staggers the mind.

SPEAK UP PEOPLE!

On a side note it might NOT hurt to edit the title of the thread. "Shopping in Frankenmuth" is a little misleading. YES we would walk the streets and go shopping before/after a picnic, but i personally think that title needs to reflect "gathering" instead of "shopping". Just my $0.02 worth.

Post imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:

Back O.T. We need interested people to speak their minds in regards to dates and times so we can get this off the ground. The number of hits to this thread versus replies staggers the mind.

SPEAK UP PEOPLE!

On a side note it might NOT hurt to edit the title of the thread. "Shopping in Frankenmuth" is a little misleading. YES we would walk the streets and go shopping before/after a picnic, but i personally think that title needs to reflect "gathering" instead of "shopping". Just my $0.02 worth.
    My Penney is Education ,exercise , and eat

Post imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:

SPEAK UP PEOPLE!

I kinda agree.. I was hoping the subtitle would let everyone know what this thread was about, but if we could get the title edited, that'd be great. I'm pretty sure I can't do it, right?

Post imported post

SQLtables wrote:
    warlockmatized wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:

SPEAK UP PEOPLE!

I kinda agree.. I was hoping the subtitle would let everyone know what this thread was about, but if we could get the title edited, that'd be great. I'm pretty sure I can't do it, right?

Only and admin or moderator has the ability to change it. maybe p, <ike or Johm. It's not that big of a deal for us veterans. The new comers however might not even look at it based on title alone though.

Post imported post

I agree... sorry about that.. hopefully we can get it changed.

As far as dates go, I just got busier, so the 21st is really the only day I have available this month, and I'd really like to attend, since I live here :P

ETA: I suppose I have next sunday, the 14th available too, but that may be too close to get this thing planned.

Post imported post

SQLtables wrote:

As far as dates go, I just got busier, so the 21st is really the only day I have available this month, and I'd really like to attend, since I live here :P

ETA: I suppose I have next sunday, the 14th available too, but that may be too close to get this thing planned.
    Also Flint is the 13th. Keep that in mind.

Post imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:

Also Flint is the 13th. Keep that in mind.
    Right, that's another problem....

Post imported post

Any Saturday orSunday is fine for me, however I'm a divorced Dad with custody, so contingencies with kids may arise. Can't say I'm "definite", but mark me as "probable."
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

21st is good for us.lets make this happen put mrs ruger and me down for being their

Post imported post

I'm not sure exactly what is being planned for the Frankenmuth gathering, but I did want to let ya'll know that Octoberfest is going on the 18th-21st at Heritage Park. I assume they take up the whole park, so we might want to picnic somewhere else. We could always attend the "fest" after our picnic. Admission is free on sunday!

And........SQLtables, are we to assume that you'll be taking care of notifying the F'muth police chief of our gathering once a date is set in stone?????

Post imported post

i could call him and let him know so he can hang up on me again.

Post imported post

ruger45 wrote:
    i could call him and let him know so he can hang up on me again.
    Help is Frankenmuth city , village or other ?

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

MrsRuger45 wrote:
    I'm not sure exactly what is being planned for the Frankenmuth gathering, but I did want to let ya'll know that Octoberfest is going on the 18th-21st at Heritage Park. I assume they take up the whole park, so we might want to picnic somewhere else. We could always attend the "fest" after our picnic. Admission is free on sunday!

And........SQLtables, are we to assume that you'll be taking care of notifying the F'muth police chief of our gathering once a date is set in stone?????

No one should be "notifying" anyone! It serves no purpose. Although I do see it as a "I dare you" type of thing. Unless you mean only to invite him to a friendly gathering.

If that IS the case, call it that, an invitation.

Words mean stuff

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    No one should be "notifying" anyone! . . . Unless you mean only to invite him to a friendly gathering. . . . If that IS the case, call it that, an invitation. . . . Words mean stuff.
    +1. Words do mean stuff, definitely.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    MrsRuger45 wrote:

No one should be "notifying" anyone! It serves no purpose. Although I do see it as a "I dare you" type of thing. Unless you mean only to invite him to a friendly gathering.

Words mean stuff
    Not riding dougwg wave.......if city invite mayor city manager , city council etc ,,, if village in invite president and village counsel ect

Post imported post

fine i will invite him to have a hotdog.dont matter to me.how ever you want to put it.

Post imported post

ruger45 wrote:
    fine i will invite him to have a hotdog.dont matter to me.how ever you want to put it.
    Not to be rude invite all elected and appointed [ know how you felt left out if not invited to baby shower?]

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    MrsRuger45 wrote:

Words mean stuff
    You know what, I'm going to speak my mind here, the point of us going there is because the police chief said we could not OC there. So he needs to know that we ARE going to be there. And it is a rub in your face, but oh well, he'll get over it. And if he didn't know we were there, this whole picnic would serve no purpose at all & would be a waste of everyone's time. I thought the point of our picnics were to educate the public & sometimes the police too. If we just wanted to get together to have a cookout, we would just gather on private property at SQLtable's house.

Post imported post

ruger45 wrote:
    dougwg wrote:
    MrsRuger45 wrote:

Words mean stuff
    You know what, I'm going to speak my mind here, the point of us going there is because the police chief said we could not OC there. So he needs to know that we ARE going to be there. And it is a rub in your face, but oh well, he'll get over it. And if he didn't know we were there, this whole picnic would serve no purpose at all & would be a waste of everyone's time. I thought the point of our picnics were to educate the public & sometimes the police too. If we just wanted to get together to have a cookout, we would just gather on private property at SQLtable's house.
    POLICE chiefs come and go they are appointed by elected people ! use the RULE book at take away playground plus toys ????

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast