• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shopping in Frankenmuth

SQLtables

imported post

Well, I've wanted to get something together for a while now, but now with the incident ruger had with the chief in Frankenmuth (http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/15720.html), I think it's definitely time to get together here.

There are a lot of nice shops downtown, and the River Place has some nice shops as well. I think it would be nice to start with a picnic somewhere like Heritage Park, those of us who want to can fish in the Cass River (I wouldn't keep anything you catch, it's not that clean), and then we can walk across the famous wooden bridge, and go shopping for a bit.

So, what say you? Unfortunately, I'm pretty busy on weekends for the rest of the month. I do have the 21st open, if enough people could make it that day.

Let me know what you think.

THway

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
Well, I've wanted to get something together for a while now, but now with the incident ruger had with the chief in Frankenmuth (http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/15720.html), I think it's definitely time to get together here.

There are a lot of nice shops downtown, and the River Place has some nice shops as well. I think it would be nice to start with a picnic somewhere like Heritage Park, those of us who want to can fish in the Cass River (I wouldn't keep anything you catch, it's not that clean), and then we can walk across the famous wooden bridge, and go shopping for a bit.

So, what say you? Unfortunately, I'm pretty busy on weekends for the rest of the month. I do have the 21st open, if enough people could make it that day.

Let me know what you think.
hmmmmm.... i havent been fishing all year. the 21st you say. i dont know about that. FedEx is adding a new shift at the hub starting this monday and so now we get to work weekends!!!!:cuss: we are not too happy about this. but i will see how our new work weeks are before i agree to any set thing.

WARCHILD

imported post

Sundays are best for me. We have the show on the 6th and the 20th, and the charity event on the 13th. So the 21st or the 28th would be good.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Members, let me know what day, time and specific place to meet in Frankenmuth and I'll create the post in the Schedule Thread.

warlockmatized

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Members, let me know what day, time and specific place to meet in Frankenmuth and I'll create the post in the Schedule Thread.
Yeah it's about time you did something LoL just kidding.

Back O.T. We need interested people to speak their minds in regards to dates and times so we can get this off the ground. The number of hits to this thread versus replies staggers the mind.

SPEAK UP PEOPLE!

On a side note it might NOT hurt to edit the title of the thread. "Shopping in Frankenmuth" is a little misleading. YES we would walk the streets and go shopping before/after a picnic, but i personally think that title needs to reflect "gathering" instead of "shopping". Just my $0.02 worth.

taxwhat

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

Back O.T. We need interested people to speak their minds in regards to dates and times so we can get this off the ground. The number of hits to this thread versus replies staggers the mind.

SPEAK UP PEOPLE!

On a side note it might NOT hurt to edit the title of the thread. "Shopping in Frankenmuth" is a little misleading. YES we would walk the streets and go shopping before/after a picnic, but i personally think that title needs to reflect "gathering" instead of "shopping". Just my $0.02 worth.
My Penney is Education ,exercise , and eat

SQLtables

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

SPEAK UP PEOPLE!

I kinda agree.. I was hoping the subtitle would let everyone know what this thread was about, but if we could get the title edited, that'd be great. I'm pretty sure I can't do it, right?

warlockmatized

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
warlockmatized wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

SPEAK UP PEOPLE!

I kinda agree.. I was hoping the subtitle would let everyone know what this thread was about, but if we could get the title edited, that'd be great. I'm pretty sure I can't do it, right?
Only and admin or moderator has the ability to change it. maybe p, <ike or Johm. It's not that big of a deal for us veterans. The new comers however might not even look at it based on title alone though.

SQLtables

imported post

I agree... sorry about that.. hopefully we can get it changed.

As far as dates go, I just got busier, so the 21st is really the only day I have available this month, and I'd really like to attend, since I live here :p

ETA: I suppose I have next sunday, the 14th available too, but that may be too close to get this thing planned.

warlockmatized

imported post

SQLtables wrote:

As far as dates go, I just got busier, so the 21st is really the only day I have available this month, and I'd really like to attend, since I live here :p

ETA: I suppose I have next sunday, the 14th available too, but that may be too close to get this thing planned.
Also Flint is the 13th. Keep that in mind.

SQLtables

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
SQLtables wrote:

Also Flint is the 13th. Keep that in mind.
Right, that's another problem....

DanM

imported post

Any Saturday orSunday is fine for me, however I'm a divorced Dad with custody, so contingencies with kids may arise. Can't say I'm "definite", but mark me as "probable."

MrsRuger45

imported post

I'm not sure exactly what is being planned for the Frankenmuth gathering, but I did want to let ya'll know that Octoberfest is going on the 18th-21st at Heritage Park. I assume they take up the whole park, so we might want to picnic somewhere else. We could always attend the "fest" after our picnic. Admission is free on sunday! :cool:

And........SQLtables, are we to assume that you'll be taking care of notifying the F'muth police chief of our gathering once a date is set in stone????? ;)

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

MrsRuger45 wrote:
I'm not sure exactly what is being planned for the Frankenmuth gathering, but I did want to let ya'll know that Octoberfest is going on the 18th-21st at Heritage Park. I assume they take up the whole park, so we might want to picnic somewhere else. We could always attend the "fest" after our picnic. Admission is free on sunday! :cool:

And........SQLtables, are we to assume that you'll be taking care of notifying the F'muth police chief of our gathering once a date is set in stone????? ;)

No one should be "notifying" anyone! It serves no purpose. Although I do see it as a "I dare you" type of thing. Unless you mean only to invite him to a friendly gathering.

If that IS the case, call it that, an invitation.

Words mean stuff

DanM

imported post

dougwg wrote:
No one should be "notifying" anyone! . . . Unless you mean only to invite him to a friendly gathering. . . . If that IS the case, call it that, an invitation. . . . Words mean stuff.
+1. Words do mean stuff, definitely.