• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shopping in Frankenmuth

SQLtables

imported post

Well, if we do it during Oktoberfest, tons of people will definitely notice. Whether they ask about it or not isn't up to us. I think the PD in Frankenmuth is educated, since they handled it correctly when I OC'd during Autofest.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
SNIP

Lapeer, other than getting together for a picnic with good friends and shooting at the pit, it was a waste of time IMO. No one knew we were there. As far I know, NO information was handed out.

SNIP

Warlock, I'm going to disagree on this...only somewhat.

Granted, we did not get confronted by those who were just curious nor did we have an opportunity to handout literature, IIRC. However, there were dozens, if not hundreds of people-many children-who knew we were openly carrying. When we were evicted :)from the pavilion, many of those people (church gathering?) seen/knew we were carrying. You can bet (word of mouth) many of those folkshave/hadinteresting conversations with others; friends, family, church members, etc. long after the Lapeer picnic ended, IMO. :)

ETA: IMO, I don't think it was a waste of time at all.

SQLtables

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
warlockmatized wrote:
SNIP

Lapeer, other than getting together for a picnic with good friends and shooting at the pit, it was a waste of time IMO. No one knew we were there. As far I know, NO information was handed out.

SNIP

Warlock, I'm going to disagree on this...only somewhat.

Granted, we did not get confronted by those who were just curious nor did we have an opportunity to handout literature, IIRC. However, there were dozens, if not hundreds of people-many children-who knew we were openly carrying. When we were evicted :)from the pavilion, many of those people (church gathering?) seen/knew we were carrying. You can bet (word of mouth) many of those folkshave/hadinteresting conversations with others; friends, family, church members, etc. long after the Lapeer picnic ended, IMO. :)

ETA: IMO, I don't think it was a waste of time at all.
I agree with this. There were a lot of people around, and they obviously knew we were carrying.

I can almost hear some of the conversations that church group had after they went home....:quirky

SpringerXDacp

imported post

OK, back on topic.

1) Who's going to Frankenmuth?

2) Who are you planning on bringing?

3) What are you planning on bringing?

4) Where exactly and what time are you planning to meet?

5) All the above applies to Possible Attendees, as well.

Please PM or Email ASAP.

Thanks

Randy

:)

SQLtables

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
OK, back on topic.

1) Who's going to Frankenmuth?

2) Who are you planning on bringing?

3) What are you planning on bringing?

4) Where exactly and what time are you planning to meet?

5) All the above applies to Possible Attendees, as well.

Please PM or Email ASAP.

Thanks

Randy

:)
Sending PM in 3...2...1...

I'll be there.

I can bring napkins, plates, and chips again I suppose.

I'm not really sure where to meet. I guess we should probably meet close to town, so we can try to get a parking space or two near the River Place. I will probably walk from my house since it isn't far, but if somebody can get an area near the River Place, that'd be great.

I say we set the time for around noon. That's a good time to eat and there should be lots of people out and about in town.

ruger45

imported post

me and mrs ruger will be attending.we got the grill and hotdogs and buns.and also the camera,how can we get the news to cover this before we do it?

warlockmatized

imported post

ruger45 wrote:
me and mrs ruger will be attending.we got the grill and hotdogs and buns.and also the camera,how can we get the news to cover this before we do it?
Call various news desks and invite them to come out. Email diff papers and tv.

LaVere

imported post

See parks rules and reg. at the bottom

Does not sound good

I am confused as to the date and time and location. If you don't want to be on main street. Rose park is nice. I think it is on Tuscola east of main.

Picnic there then stroll or shop on main street. Just a thought.

2844184828_c1ee4037c0.jpg

[align=center]ROSE GARDEN RESERVATION POLICY
FRANKENMUTH PARKS & RECREATION COMMISSION

POLICY ADOPTED JANUARY 24, 1996
[/align] [align=center] Click Here For A Printable Version of Application**[/align] The following rule apply to the reservations: [align=center] [align=right] 1.[/align] Sign up for reservation will be held at the Frankenmuth City Hall.
[align=right] 2.[/align] Rental cost is per time slot. Time slots are 11a.m. – 3p.m. and 4p.m. – 8p.m.
[align=right] 3.[/align] Payment must be submitted when reservations are made. Checks will be made payable to the City of Frankenmuth.
[align=right] 4.[/align] Fees are established by the Frankenmuth Parks & Recreation Commission and are subject to change.
[align=right] 5.[/align] There will be no refunds, because of weather. There will be a 50% refund of the rental fee if there is a cancellation within 90 days of the reservation date.
[align=right] 6.[/align] Damage deposit equal to the rental charge will be assessed. If no clean up or damage is needed or found, your damage deposit will be returned. You are responsible for cleaning the area to its original state prior to your departure.
[align=right] 7.[/align] When reserving the first time slot, you must be out of the park by 3:00 p.m. Second time slot you must be out of the park by 8:00 p.m.
[align=right] 8.[/align] No more than 100 chairs are allowed without prior approval.
[align=right] 9.[/align] Any tents need to be approved by the Parks & Recreation Dept.
[align=right] 10.[/align] No food is allowed.
[align=right] 11.[/align] There is no electricity available at the Rose Garden (included in the rental).
[align=right] 12.[/align] No temporary directional signs are allowed, per City ordinance.
[align=right] 13.[/align] Parking is restricted to designated areas only.
[align=right] 14.[/align] Motorized vehicles are not to be used in the park except on roadways.
[align=right] 15.[/align] Any variation of these rules must have specified approval of the Frankenmuth Parks & Recreation Commission.
[/align] [align=center] The Frankenmuth Parks & Recreation Commission reserves the right to deny any application for park use and to deviate from the fee schedule.[/align]

SQLtables

imported post

LaVere wrote:
I am confused as to the date and time and location. If you don't want to be on main street. Rose park is nice. I think it is on Tuscola east of main.

Picnic there then stroll or shop on main street. Just a thought.

2844184828_c1ee4037c0.jpg
You're right about the rose park, but it's a bit of a walk to downtown, and I wasn't sure how people felt about that. Memorial park, which is right behind the high school, would also be a nice place, but it's a bit of a walk too. I think the walk from either park (they are very close together) would be about a mile to the River Place.

The other option might be to picnic at the park there, and then drive to the River Place to avoid the long walk.

It's really up to everybody else.

The tentative plan is to meet SOMEWHERE in the parking area around the River Place at noon, and just grill near the vehicles.

ruger45

imported post

Is anybody else going? Or even thinking about it? If there are not going to be very many people attending, there is no sense in contacting the media.

SQLtables

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
Put me as tentative +2. Unknown at this point.

I think it would be greatly helpful to people considering attending to have some "concrete" plans.
Well, it'd be nice to have some input too. A few people have spoken up, and I appreciate it.

If you need concrete plans, then I guess I vote we meet in the parking lot at River Place at noon. Maybe the rugers can try to find a place to park, since they have the grill. We will grill and eat, and then at least hit up the shops at The River Place.

ETA: Does everybody agree that it's a good idea to do this during Oktoberfest? If we would get a better turnout, we could hold off, and do it sometime when there isn't a festival going on. We will obviously get a lot more exposure during a festival, but it may bring more trouble too. I'm not sure.

warlockmatized

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
warlockmatized wrote:
Put me as tentative +2. Unknown at this point.

I think it would be greatly helpful to people considering attending to have some "concrete" plans.
SNIP: Well, it'd be nice to have some input too.
Hard for myself to have input beyond a start time since i don't know the area. I have only been there a handful of times. Shopping, getting an urn for the family dog, cheese, chicken and penny candy...etc etc. Will they allow us to cook in a "parking lot"? IF not.....THEN what? Walk the streets and eat in one of the shops? I have zero issues with ANY of the things mentioned, just would like to know "the plan" is all.

MrsRuger45

imported post

ruger45 & I don't have a problem with the date/time, or any other (although I am stilltrying to get a copy of my niece's soccer schedule)if postponing would mean a better turn out. Festival/no festival, doesn't matter to us! So........come on people!! Speak up! What is keeping you from attending this picnic??

details:

Date: sunday, 9/21 12pm

meet: at River Place parking lot

bring your own chairs