• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It's time for Texas

mike 40

imported post

Reading about gathering in other states should be an inspiration for us in Texas. It time for a gathering of our own. If we are going to succeed in regaining our 2nd Amendment Rights in Texas, we have got to be more visable to the public.

During a recent family trip to a gun range in San Antonio, Texas, I was shocked to find nobody including the owner, had even heardof our struggle.

We need an empty holster gathering to symbolize our (in Texas) empty 2nd Amendment Rights to keep and BARE ARMS! It would a great way to get public and media attention.

We need to organize a family BBQ to get together and discuss this struggle of our 2nd Amendment Rights in Texas.

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Should it be one gathering? Or should it be a coordinated blitz. Simultaneous picnics in Houston, San Antonio/Austin and Fort Worth/Dallas.

By the way, welcome mike 40.

mike 40

imported post

Hello it's great to meet the man that read my mind. A blitz in every major city or small towns where we have supporters would be a great idea. That would generate not just local media attention but state wide and maybe even national.

So what's our next step?

Michigander

imported post

Texas is really too big for one big meet up, but you could do a bunch of them. What I would suggest is private property meetings with regular open carry, and perhaps public meetings with empty holsters. Whichever will get the most attention.

The best way to do it is to be relentless. Only by having as many meetings as possible, and showing up at all sorts of gun events, and passing out fliers and talking to people will you get anywhere. Perhaps gun shops should be contacted and asked to join the cause by passing out information packets. The key ingredient is to get as much respectable attention as possible.

Oh, and try to get the motor city mad man involved since he lives there now...

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Use this board to brainstorm ideas for possible venues and times. I'm in the DFW area so that's where I'll likely concentrate my efforts. Let others know where you would like to see an event. This idea has been tossed around here and on other forums. Best I can tell there's plenty of support for the idea it just needs activist volunteers to begin coordinating things. The time is definitely right.

I'd say we should avoid times when other local events will detract from news coverage. Things like the State Fair orNFL games. It may be beneficial to tie in with gun shows. Even if the locations are different.

If we can get the ball rolling, this will likely take on a life of it's own.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Good luck to you.

Remember, though, that most of the gatherings and happenings have done so because ONE PERSON took the initiative to make arrangements.

Others will join in. Someone has to start it, though.

The idea's yours. Run with it.

mike 40

imported post

I'm ready to run with it. We need a corinated EMPTY HOLSTER gathering in every mager city and town. I will orginize San Antonio. Help would be apriciated. Are there volenters for other cities and towns? Any one interested in helping in thier town or in San Antonio please post then contact me via E-MAIL. LET'S GET STARTED!

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

mike 40 wrote:
I'm ready to run with it. We need a corinated EMPTY HOLSTER gathering in every mager city and town. I will orginize San Antonio. Help would be apriciated. Are there volenters for other cities and towns? Any one interested in helping in thier town or in San Antonio please post then contact me via E-MAIL. LET'S GET STARTED!
If you really wanna turn some heads, consider organizing a long gun open carry meet.

Show the people of Texas that your laws are just a little quirky. Long guns are OK, but not pistols?

mike 40

imported post

I'M READY. We need a coordinatedempty holster eventin every major city. A volunteers from each cityare needed to organize their towns events and we need to coordinate together. I volunteers to work San Antonio. Any one interested please post, then contact me via E-MAIL. LETS GET STARTED!

Some one to help in S.A. would be great.

mike 40

imported post

cccook wrote:
If we can get the Nuge involved media coverage shouldn't be a problem.
My wife surprised the hell out of me bystating she just might be able to make that happen. She will work on it this week end.:)

mike 40

imported post

I will attend the SAXET gun show tomorrow and get information on setting up a information booth. Of course I'll bring a few fliers to pass out.

Aevent next to gun show would be great but may be difficult in S.A. due to the location. I'm also considering Breckenridge Park. I will need time to explore the possibilities.

I'm drawing up check list of items that need to be researchedfrom venues to speakers. I will post when done.

There is much to do!

rodbender

imported post

mike 40 wrote:
Reading about gathering in other states should be an inspiration for us in Texas. It time for a gathering of our own. If we are going to succeed in regaining our 2nd Amendment Rights in Texas, we have got to be more visable to the public.

During a recent family trip to a gun range in San Antonio, Texas, I was shocked to find nobody including the owner, had even heardof our struggle.

We need an empty holster gathering to symbolize our (in Texas) empty 2nd Amendment Rights to keep and BARE ARMS! It would a great way to get public and media attention.

We need to organize a family BBQ to get together and discuss this struggle of our 2nd Amendment Rights in Texas.
I talked about doing one on the Capitol steps onthe first day of the legislative session, Jan. 13th,in the Texas forum. I think this is something thatshould happen as well. Mike said he didn't think it was a good idea, but I'm going to push it anyway.

mike 40

imported post

rodbender wrote:
mike 40 wrote:

I talked about doing one on the Capitol steps onthe first day of the legislative session, Jan. 13th,in the Texas forum. I think this is something thatshould happen as well. Mike said he didn't think it was a good idea, but I'm going to push it anyway.

I'm torn. Great way to get attention, butit does seam a little in yourface. My thought has been on mid november before the weather becomes to big of a factor. the problem is time is short.

mike 40

imported post

I passed out fliers at the Saxet gun show in S.A. on Sunday. Due to shortage, mainly to vendors.

I also spoke with Tod Viter, the man in charge at Saxet, and he is willing to let us set up table.

Conagher

Founder's Club Member
imported post

mike 40 wrote:
Hello it's great to meet the man that read my mind. A blitz in every major city or small towns where we have supporters would be a great idea. That would generate not just local media attention but state wide and maybe even national.

So what's our next step?

I wonder if we could turn this into a state-wide fund raiser to support the billboards, taxi’s etc. by taking donations, selling T-shirts, bumper stickers, etc. in addition to just getting the word out. Any thoughts about this?