• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NEW TO SITE AND NEVADA

TIMMOR21

imported post

Greeting I just moved this way from MI man are thing different. Anyways. I am in the reno area and am just wondering where there are places around here to shoot on open land. Also I dont see alot of people OC'ing around town. Are there any events or groups. Thanks

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Welcome to the forum and Nevada!

Per county code 50.092, you must be 5000 feet from a dwelling, and practically anywhere out in the desert you can shoot.

(http://www.washoesheriff.com/ATV-Firearms.pdf)

There is also a congested area map here:

http://www.washoesheriff.com/firearms-map.htm

Personally, I always go shooting out in the Desert.

I'm not sure how many people OC on a regular basis on Reno, but I sure do whenever I'm in town.One timea group of us met up to eat, but other than that I've very rarely ran into otherpeopleOC'ing.

njeske

imported post

I open carry from time to time, but I typically carry concealed. As far as shooting goes, what Felid said is accurate for the Reno area. I just drive out into the dessert and start shooting.